Photo

Sky Lanterns!

• Please log in to reply
402 replies to this topic

#311 Kristy28

Kristy28
  • 160 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 05:45 PM

I would definitely check with your resort. The resorts seem to be all over the place with this rule. Mine allows them but some only allow bio degradable and some do not allow them at all. I would hate for you to buy them, bring them all the way there and not be allowed to use them.

Originally Posted by Meagan816 

Has everyone checked with their resort to see if they are allowed?  I would love to have Sky Lanterns!

Wedding booked for December 12, 2012 at the RIU Ocho Rio....cannot wait.....it will be the best day of our lives

#312 JessiTaylor

JessiTaylor
    • 296 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 09:51 PM

you have to check with your specific resort...like someone mentioned some ban them as they are close to the aiport and could mess up planes! others worry about fire.

hing is, there are no permanent rules - a bride might be allowed something for her wedding but by the next year its banned or there are different conditions. if youre allowed though, try to find the biodegradable without wires... dont leave a negative reminder of your wedding after you leave!

Originally Posted by Meagan816 

Has everyone checked with their resort to see if they are allowed?  I would love to have Sky Lanterns!

#313 CherylW

CherylW
      • 3 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 10:05 PM

Thanks Beachbum21 for this info.  I have been thinking about using the lanterns as well but want to do it right and not harm anything.  I will talk to my resort before I buy and use the ones without wire.  Thanks for the websight.

Cheryl

#314 chrisdior

chrisdior
        • 286 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 08:56 AM

FYI spoke to wedding dept at the Now Jade and they do not allow them.

#315 KishnJuan

KishnJuan
          • 11 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 10:04 PM

Hi there! Were you able to use these in Jamaica? I'm getting married at Iberostar also.

#316 meeshie77

meeshie77
            • 208 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 05:35 AM

Originally Posted by KishnJuan 

Hi there! Were you able to use these in Jamaica? I'm getting married at Iberostar also.

We got married on April 30, 2012 at the RIU Ocho Rios.  We were allowed to send them off.  They were marvelous!!!!

#317 KishnJuan

KishnJuan
              • 11 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:57 AM

Nice! Thank you! I hope I will be able to use them next year.

#318 KishnJuan

KishnJuan
                • 11 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 09:10 AM

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to share this website that offers eco-friendly sky lanterns. They are a little more expensive but they have a "blemished" package for 9.99 for 10. If you are lighting at night, who's gonna see the blemishes???

http://www.skylanterns.us/default.asp

#319 KrystalDawn

KrystalDawn
                  • 45 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 06:09 AM

My friend did these at her wedding in Cabo and it was BEAUTIFUL! We are waiting for approval from our resort to do them as well.

Even a trillion hearts are still too few to hold all the love I have for you<3

#320 pacificgirl

pacificgirl
                    • 92 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 09:03 AM

I totally feel it necessary to play the song from Tangled if we did this. Immature? Perhaps, but TOTALLY appropriate! I love this idea, it's so so so pretty! Your photos are going to be INCREDIBLE!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users