Sky Lanterns!

• Please log in to reply
402 replies to this topic

#271 lashesforever

• Site Supporter
  • 51 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 05:43 PM

Thanks! I'll read back through it all :) 

#272 TigerLily

• 201 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 07:15 AM

Any DRC brides:

The WC @ Dreams Riviera Cancun had told us that we could use these, so I bought them for our wedding (Dec 3rd, 2011). Well, when we got there, the WC told us our previous WC (who is no longer there) was mistaken and we could NOT use them, because they are located in a protected area. Way to tell me that AFTER I purchased them...So bummed- I was so excited to use these! Anyhow, the only reason I didn't argue with her is because it was super windy, and we couldn't have set them off anyway. So just be aware...

#273 LonaJ

• 79 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 07:10 PM

Does anyone know if Dreams Palm Beach Allows these? I am absolutely in love with the idea!

#274 echraide

• 152 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 10:19 PM

I think that I'm still going to ask my WC at aventura palace if I can use these. I love the idea, and perhaps its the wording. One bride mentioned that she just made the wc aware, didn't ask permission. Also, mentioning that you are purchasing the 100% biodegradable lanterns may help the situation. Of course, wind would be an understandable reason to not allow it that night. I think its still worth a try, even if some brides may have been told no. 

Does anyone have video of the floating lotus lanterns? I wondered if those were as breathtaking as the sky lanterns are.

#275 ToyaToyaToya

• Site Supporter
          • 50 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 12:27 PM

Has anyone done this in Punta Cana? I'm getting married at the Hard Rock Punta Cana, and i'm scared to ask them because they denied my request for fireworks.

Toya and Jared
            Hard Rock Punta Cana
            May 19, 2012!!!

#276 dani85

• 8 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 07:25 PM

Hi there, have you ordered these yet? I'm in toronto and I would totally wana include this. I would probibly get anywhere between 15- 25 white ones depending on whats available.

leme know

#277 Kevol33

• Site Supporter
              • 17 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 05:08 PM

I think these would be great and make for awesome pictures.  I am going to email the WC in Punta Cana and see.  I would be too afraid to just get them and see!

#278 PetraGlyph

• 2 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 01:56 PM

Hello to all - Sky Lanterns are  being banned in various parts of the UK and North America because of the fire potential. And in coastal areas, they have been the cause of several "ocean search & rescue" teams being sent out for no reason.

There's a fantastic new product just on the market here in the UK and I *think* it is already available in North America.  It is called Flying Wish Paper - you can see it at www.flyingwish.co.uk.  A really fun activity for a wedding or any other gathering!  Hope you all like it as much as I did!  They say it is supposed to be for indoors, but we lit them in a courtyard behind the pub!

#279 Labebita911

• 303 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 07:32 PM

Soo upset, after my resort told me it was okay to have them at the wedding.. supposdly Cancun doesnt allow this!!!!!!!!!!!.. anyone having this problem with Cancun?? Apparently this must me new since just a month ago it was okay and now its not!!.. im sooooo upset!!!!!!!!!

Future Mrs. Perez 2012

The Royal Cancun

Cancun, MX

July 14, 2012

Bride and Groom plus

20 Guest Booked and counting...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#280 LonaJ

• 79 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 12:43 PM

I just found out Dreams Palm Beach doesn't allow it either

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users