Sky Lanterns!

• Please log in to reply
402 replies to this topic

#211 luvmoo

• 503 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 04:26 PM

They float until the flame dies out. once the flame dies out in them, that is when they start to come down. so they are totally safe :)

Originally Posted by ladykry 

Once the lanterns have flown.. What happens afterwards? What goes up must come down right? Is it safe?

#212 Kathie

• 2,654 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 11:06 AM

I live in Massachusetts and would love to split a case with someone. My colors are orange and pink, but I would do white also. I'm going to be in Aruba and have to find out from my WC.

#213 Reinita

• 153 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 06:54 AM

OMG these are absolutely amazing and gorgeous! I am in love with these! Thank you so much for sharing. I am emailing the resort right away to see if these are allowed. Crossing my fingers!!

And Natalie, your video was perfect! Congrats!

#214 J and G 2012

J and G 2012
        • 423 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 08:06 AM

Has anyone had approval from a Jamaician resort to use these?

I'm waiting on approval from my resort, they say they are waiting to hear back from the Environmental agaency in Jamaica.

#215 charitydawn

• 157 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 08:38 AM

hmmmm these are an interesting idea !

#216 DiamondGirl

• 710 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 08:40 AM

I advised my WC at Moon Palace that I will be releasing Sky Lanterns. Another Moon Palace bride confirmed that they're allowed. I hope my WC coordinator doesn't tell me I can't do these because I already have them. I will freak out!! We all know how the resorts tell everyone something different.

#217 aimeelaco28

• 83 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 02:18 PM

Does anyone know if Dreams Riviera Cancun allows sky lanterns? I am waiting to hear back from my coordinator and thought someone on here might know...I really hope its allowed :)

#218 Cynlee143

• 174 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 04:05 PM

I'm sad to find out that we can't do Sky Lanterns at our resort. Is anyone doing "floating lanterns"? Apparently that is allowed

#219 FutureMrsHeintz

• 4 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 07:44 PM

I'm also getting married at the Gran Caribe Real but not until March 2012.  I would love to use the lanterns.  Please let me know if you are able to do it.  If they charge a fee then I'm considering just going down to the beach and not asking if we can do it.  I'm not having a reception and would have less than 30 people attending the wedding so it might be easier for me to get away with it.  I did read a post on here that said the beaches were public property.

#220 SMBride42012

• 41 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 06:18 AM

I am getting married at Secrets Maroma Beach and they are NOT allowed. I have also read the post that says the beaches are public. I am so tempted to get them and walk about 1/4 mile down the beach (where there is just jungle) and releasing them there.

I guess my biggest fear with getting in trouble is REALLY getting in trouble and being hauled off to Jail in Mexico. That would be the WORST. I am so back and forth...Suggestions anyone?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users