Sky Lanterns!

• Please log in to reply
402 replies to this topic

#191 ckrn

ckrn
  • Site Supporter
  • 51 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 06:33 PM

NOOOO, I'm upset too!!! I'm getting married at SMB May 2012 and now i'm sad that we can't use these!  My Fiance was so excited!! Our guests would have loved it   I guess we'll have to have fireworks now..  

#192 erinmc

erinmc
    • 284 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 07:26 AM

Fireworks are always pretty!!!

#193 erinmc

erinmc
      • 284 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 07:26 AM

And sparklers, great for pictures!!

#194 Sarella727

Sarella727
        • 14 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 08:46 AM

These Sky Lanterns are the BEST and saw them on Nick Lachey and Vanessa Mannilo's wedding special~~ My resort (NOW Jade) does NOT allow them because of the nature around the resort!! : (

I would suggest you check with your resort before you purchase these....

My 2nd option is sparklers that are about 2 feet long  : )

#195 SMBride42012

SMBride42012
          • 41 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 10:40 AM

Yea, I have already asked my WC if they will allow me to the lotus flowers in the pool. I kinda thought about guests being in the pool, but I figured since our reception doesnt start until around 630/7 most everyone would be out of the pool and at dinner or something.

I will let everyone know what the final outcome is with that.

If that doesnt work ok, I guess I may do the sparklers too! Until we can't do that either

This is a great idea, but won't the pool still be open for other guests to use at this time? I mean, I don't even think I would mind them if I was a guest at the hotel, lol. I'd check though...

#196 Islandgirl910

Islandgirl910
            • 594 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 11:11 AM

We are still on our honeymoon in Jamaica, and I just wanted to say that we used sky lanterns at our reception and everyone LOVED them! They were such a great surprise for our guests to experience!

#197 Brennas

Brennas
              • 43 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 06:49 AM

I am DYING to have these at our reception! Its so unique and will look beautiful in the pictures. Does anyone know if you can have them at the Excellence resorts?? I have tried to contact the wedding coordinator and am still waiting to hear back.

#198 leenancy

leenancy
                • 212 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 10:36 AM

So I just got word from Moon Palace that sky lanterns are not allowed because the resort is too close to the airport.... But I know some other MP brides here were told they can have them. Are there any other MP brides who have gotten a positive answer from them?
                  05.27.2012 @ Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort

38 Guests + Bride & Groom Booked, 79 Room Nights

10 Guests Booked @ Other Resorts
                  2 Guests booked through other services

#199 LalaJ

LalaJ
                  • 157 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 11:02 AM

I loooooove these! I really want to incorporate them at my wedding but haven't checked with the resort yet.

Hard Rock Punta Cana May 12, 2012

#200 krsmith

krsmith
                    • 528 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 07:41 PM

WHAT?!?! Well CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I thought Coconoir was given the "OK" do have them.......I still haven't heard back for sure yet, so I guess we will see what they tell me...

Originally Posted by leenancy 

So I just got word from Moon Palace that sky lanterns are not allowed because the resort is too close to the airport.... But I know some other MP brides here were told they can have them. Are there any other MP brides who have gotten a positive answer from them?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users