Photo

Sky Lanterns!

• Please log in to reply
402 replies to this topic

#181 sxcT

sxcT
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 06:07 AM

Aww thank you so much. Isn't it so cute.  Use it all you want girl.  Enjoy!!

....and now back to sky lanterns!! lol

Originally Posted by SMBride42012 

Sorry, Just wanted to let you know SXC T that I love your siggy quote and I am going to put it in our guestbook!

Hope you dont mind!!

ok...Back to sky lanterns

#182 kellygrrrl

kellygrrrl
    • 614 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 06:12 AM

I think I'm going to pursue the "it's better to ask for forgiveness than permission" strategy. I imagine they'll want to charge some fee like GPR did, which I'm prepared for. I'd just rather not talk with anyone at my resort about it until we're sitting in front of the wedding coordinator a few days prior to the ceremony. besides, the beach is public - I don't see how they could actually stop you if your brought your own lighters.

#183 sxcT

sxcT
      • 1,282 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 06:21 AM

So has anyone seen these before?  Found a few websites so far but would love to hear any experiences.

She did however recommend the biodegradable doves.  Anyone heard of them or seen them before?

...going searching

#184 erinmc

erinmc
        • 284 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 09:04 AM

Very Pretty!!

Originally Posted by sxcT 

So has anyone seen these before?  Found a few websites so far but would love to hear any experiences.

sky-doves.jpg

sky-doves2.jpg

These balloons are designed in such a way to make them look like they are flying to create a spectacular experience for you and your friends at many different events!

- Bio Doves can be used at virtually any event!

- Bio Doves are safe for the environment!

- Bio Doves fly much slower than other types of balloons to create a much more atmospheric moment!

- Bio Doves are composed of special materials that when exposed to water, CO2 and Plant matter will safely decompose!

- Bio Doves come with a piece of Bio Degrabable string that you can use to tie them down before launching!

http://joylantern.en...e-Balloons.html

#185 Keine Dennis

Keine Dennis
          • 43 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 02:13 PM

Make sure you check with your airline / resort / hotel that they allow them! Some dont.

Great if they do, they look fantastic!

I love destination weddings!

#186 SMBride42012

SMBride42012
            • 41 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 02:52 PM

It is a NO on wishing lanterns from Secrets Maroma Beach! I am SO disappointed!!

However, I am thinking instead I will use these

https://www.theskyla...1.html?cPath=35

Lotus Floating Water Lanterns

My idea: is to have each guest light one, make a wish for us and set it in the pool. They will be burning all night so it will good for decoration and it will still serve the same purpose as the wishing lanterns would.

It doesn't change how upset I am that I dont get to release the lanterns, but it is something!

Now, lets hope they dont reject that too!!

Has anyone NOT been allowed to use these in the pool at their resort?

#187 capecodder

capecodder
              • 234 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 04:10 PM

I saw the lotus floating lanterns online and they looked beautiful!

I think your idea will work out great!

#188 erinmc

erinmc
                • 284 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 04:25 PM

They are very nice!! they would be perfect for my ATR at a Barn with a lake

#189 Jwed12

Jwed12
                  • 251 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 04:27 PM

This is a great idea, but won't the pool still be open for other guests to use at this time? I mean, I don't even think I would mind them if I was a guest at the hotel, lol. I'd check though...

Originally Posted by SMBride42012 

It is a NO on wishing lanterns from Secrets Maroma Beach! I am SO disappointed!!

However, I am thinking instead I will use these

https://www.theskyla...1.html?cPath=35

Lotus Floating Water Lanterns

My idea: is to have each guest light one, make a wish for us and set it in the pool. They will be burning all night so it will good for decoration and it will still serve the same purpose as the wishing lanterns would.

It doesn't change how upset I am that I dont get to release the lanterns, but it is something!

Now, lets hope they dont reject that too!!

Has anyone NOT been allowed to use these in the pool at their resort?

#190 proti007

proti007
                    • 467 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 04:48 PM

An interesting fact for anyone getting married in Mexico whose resorts said NO:

Are beaches private or public? Are the beaches safe?
                      All beaches in Mexico are public property, and are open for everyone, even the beaches in front of the hotels. While most hotels usually don't have a problem with visitors walking through their grounds to get to the beach, it's a good idea to ask, and to be more careful about crossing over private property to get to some of the other beaches.

SOOOOO...for any of your rule breakers out there, you could just go ahead and do it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users