Photo

Sky Lanterns!

• Please log in to reply
402 replies to this topic

#141 RMBride2B

RMBride2B
  • 126 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 09:54 AM

I SOOO want to do this now!!! Thanks for the great idea!!!

#142 SMBride42012

SMBride42012
    • 41 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 11:08 AM

Wow!! I have become obessed with his idea for months, but thought it wasn't a possibility. Now you guys are giving me hope!!

1. Does anyone know if there is a charge/ will allow the release of these on the beach at Secrets Maroma Beach?

2. How did you get them there? All of the ones I have seen have a fuel cell in them which (as far as I know) are not allowed on planes, carry on OR checked luggage. Did you just ship them right to the resort? I am tempted, but know its going to cost an arm and a leg!!

Any details on this will be a HUGE help!! If you guys are using ones with tealights, or without the fuel cell please let me know where to find them!! :)

Thanks Everyone!! I <3 this forum!! :)

**Seven weeks...today... til' I Do****

#143 cbandemer

cbandemer
      • 213 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 11:46 AM

THE BEST I'VE FOUND IS SKYLANTERN.COM

I WONDER IF THE ONES IN THE ALL OF THSES PHOTOS ARE THE STANDARD SIZED ONES???

Originally Posted by ssapper 

Just found out our resort (Dreams Riviera Cancun) allows these!! Now to find the best price for them online!

DO YOU NEED TWO PEOPLE TO DO THESE?? ALL OF THE PICTURES I SEE HAVE TWO PEOPLE RELEASING THEM. TRYING TO FIGURE HOW MANY WE WOULD NEED FOR LIKE 100+ PEOPLE

Originally Posted by proti007 

Here are some photos of another bride who used lanterns at her wedding recently:

wscottchester-wedding-20.jpg

From http://greenweddings...-casey-brandon/

#144 sxcT

sxcT
        • 1,282 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 01:01 PM

These are a great idea.  So unique and special.  Just sent an email to my WC asking it they are allowed.  I saw a bride from Moon Palace say it was allowed there so I'm assuming Aventura will allow it too. 

#145 kymish

kymish
          • 163 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 01:34 PM

love the idea.. they look beautiful !!

#146 redginger

redginger
            • 360 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 05:30 PM

These sky lanterns are so beautiful and hope that we can do this at our hotel, but I also have the same concern that it's prohibited on planes since they're flammable?

Originally Posted by SMBride42012 

Wow!! I have become obessed with his idea for months, but thought it wasn't a possibility. Now you guys are giving me hope!!

1. Does anyone know if there is a charge/ will allow the release of these on the beach at Secrets Maroma Beach?

2. How did you get them there? All of the ones I have seen have a fuel cell in them which (as far as I know) are not allowed on planes, carry on OR checked luggage. Did you just ship them right to the resort? I am tempted, but know its going to cost an arm and a leg!!

Any details on this will be a HUGE help!! If you guys are using ones with tealights, or without the fuel cell please let me know where to find them!! :)

Thanks Everyone!! I <3 this forum!! :)

**Seven weeks...today... til' I Do****

#147 capecodder

capecodder
              • 234 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 04:07 AM

Yes, you can get biodegradable ones

Originally Posted by laurenefsu 

Are they environmentally friendly?

Just got word back from our WC that we can do the sky lanterns!!  Yay!  Even better, FI loves the idea too!!  Super excited we'll be releasing sky lanterns at our wedding!

#148 SMBride42012

SMBride42012
                • 41 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 06:21 AM

Still waiting to hear back if Secrets Maroma Beach will allow Sky Lanterns. I will update everyone as soon as my coordinator gives me final word.

The ones from "theskylantern.com" ARE allowed on planes, biodegradable and are dosed in a fire retardant as to not catch trees and things on fire IF something goes wrong.

Another question, Where are you releasing them? It says you need little to no wind to be able to release them.

It seems like it always windy on a beach? Any brides that have used them in the past, please fill me in on how it worked out, windy or not :) Did you release them in a part of the resort (like near a pool) that is less windy?

This is a great thread! Thank you everyone!! :) :)

#149 cbandemer

cbandemer
                  • 213 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 06:57 AM

If you live in United States www.weddinglanterns.com are actually a better deal since shipping from skylanters.com would be $40 from the UK and also they are a little cheaper too

#150 SMBride42012

SMBride42012
                    • 41 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 07:24 AM

www.theskylantern.com ships from Michigan.

Shipping from Michigan to Atlanta, GA costs $12.29, with a ship time of approx ~ two days.

That is with 30 Lanterns being sent.

Perhaps you are referring to a different site?

Hope this helped someone :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users