Sky Lanterns!

• Please log in to reply
402 replies to this topic

#131 proti007

proti007
  • 467 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 07:17 AM

@MTruvillio and capecodder - Thank you!

@Away DC - I didn't ask my WC as much as I told her ;) I wasn't the first to do this at my resort, though, because they had a set up for it (kerosene cans in the sand). I originally wanted fireworks, but they were going to charge something obscene like $1000 per minute. This cost $100 and everyone is still talking about it!

#132 krsmith

krsmith
    • 528 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 08:52 AM

Well Moon Palace confirmed we are allowed to have the Wish Lanterns!!!! Yay! Now I just need to figure out how many we will need, look for the best prices, and figure out how to present them at the reception! I was thinking about using a basket or something to put them in...and I think the little wish jar is a great idea! Any ideas/thoughts?

#133 bebop

bebop
      • 52 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 09:04 AM

I so wish I could do this.  My resort (GCR) stated that it would be an additional $300 fee to release these.  I was thinking that we could avoid the fee and do it on the beach, not on resort grounds.  Thoughts? 

#134 ssapper

ssapper
        • 182 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 02:34 PM

Just found out our resort (Dreams Riviera Cancun) allows these!! Now to find the best price for them online!

#135 Jwed12

Jwed12
          • 251 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 03:29 PM

OMG! Thank you for sharing. These are amazing. I just got goosebumps. :) We are thinking of doing this at our AHR. I also love the floating water lanterns which we might float on the pool at the AHR. How romantic. :)

#136 proti007

proti007
            • 467 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 04:53 PM

For those that are looking, I used www.theskylantern.com, got an amazing price, extremely fast shipping, and fantastic customer service from the owner!

#137 Sherio9090

Sherio9090
              • 71 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 05:40 PM

So excited to see that everyone is having such fantastic experiences with the wishing lanterns.  My good friend from college is from Taiwan and was telling me about their New Years celebrations where they send thousands of these off at a time.  She then sent me a video of one of these celebrations and I was so amazed I knew I wanted to do something similar at my wedding.  

Our wedding coordinator at the restaurant we are celebrating at has okayed the use of them, but cautioned us that if it's too windy it won't be allowed.  Fingers crossed that the wind lays low and that we get to experience all those wonderful wishes taking flight.  I wish you all the best of luck with your weddings and with your lanterns!

P.S the use of the kerosene pots in the sand is brilliant! 

#138 laurenefsu

laurenefsu
                • 1 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 01:15 AM

Are they environmentally friendly?

#139 Eva1love

Eva1love
                  • 54 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 05:54 AM

This is a brilliant idea!! I'm def. going to consider it! I wish it works out for everyone who will want to give this a shot :)

thank you all!!

Eva

#140 proti007

proti007
                    • 467 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 07:38 AM

Here are some photos of another bride who used lanterns at her wedding recently:

wscottchester-wedding-20.jpg

From http://greenweddings...-casey-brandon/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users