Photo

Sky Lanterns!

• Please log in to reply
402 replies to this topic

#121 proti007

proti007
  • 467 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 08:26 PM

I have what everyone has been waiting for!!! Here are the pictures of the lanterns at my wedding last month: 

Natalie_Greg_Wedding13660.jpgNatalie_Greg_Wedding13659.jpgNatalie_Greg_Wedding13663.jpgNatalie_Greg_Wedding13664.jpgNatalie_Greg_Wedding13666.jpgNatalie_Greg_Wedding13668.jpgNatalie_Greg_Wedding13670.jpgNatalie_Greg_Wedding13683.jpgNatalie_Greg_Wedding13684.jpgNatalie_Greg_Wedding13690.jpg

#122 krsmith

krsmith
    • 528 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 11:08 PM

WOW they look amazing!!!!!!!! Where did you get yours?

Your video was incredible by the way! I emailed them, but they are booked for my date. They did refer me to Lunch Pail Pictures, which looks very similar to theirs. If you don't mind me asking, how much did this run you? I'm assuming you also paid for their flights/accommodations? 

I hope I hope I hope that Moon Palace will let me do these! 

Congrats on such a beautiful wedding!! :)

#123 ssapper

ssapper
      • 182 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 07:24 AM

Awww gorgeous!! Love it and it looks like SO much fun!!! I really hope Dreams will let us do these!

#124 JMikla

JMikla
        • 189 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 07:40 AM

Hi Luvmoo,

I think you got a killer deal, I can't find them that cheap on that site.  What size did you order?

Originally Posted by luvmoo 

Borrow away Darlin!! That's why i shared it!!! i think it is a great idea and will be a beautiful photo op!! and will add to the already beautiful moment... Lord knows i have borrowed enough ideas off of all you  wonderful ladies!! i am just payin it forward!! ahahahah

on a second note..  i was looking at my reciept from my lanterns i bought a long time ago.. from weddinglantern.com  and i thought i would let you all know... that i bought 45 lanterns.. on my own not in bulk... and it cost me 106.00 Canadian Including delivery.... so they are very resonable and i love them!!!! just food for though as when i was doing my research i checkled several websites for lanterns and for Canadian brides anyway... this was the cheapest i found includng shipping...

and they claim on thier website that they are 100% biodegradable... so just something for you to look into should you be inclined :)

Marrying my best friend Dec 3rd, 2011 @ Las Caletas
          70 guests booked and paid and counting....

#125 luvmoo

luvmoo
          • 503 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 10:38 AM

Hmm!!  If you send me a PM with your email address i can send you the exact reciept they emailed to me.. maybe you can then compare.. or even phone them to see if they will give you the same?  I would have to go back and look but i am pretty sure i ordered the ones labelled medium.. but i can send it to you anyway, so you can just look and know part numbers or what not.. to try and get the same deal... it is worth a shot at least anyway :)

Originally Posted by JMikla 

Hi Luvmoo,

I think you got a killer deal, I can't find them that cheap on that site.  What size did you order?

#126 proti007

proti007
            • 467 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 12:47 PM

Thanks! I got these at www.theskylantern.com. They came with 36 in a case, for about 100 US with shipping. I will send you a PM with the details on photo/video!

Originally Posted by krsmith 

WOW they look amazing!!!!!!!! Where did you get yours?

Your video was incredible by the way! I emailed them, but they are booked for my date. They did refer me to Lunch Pail Pictures, which looks very similar to theirs. If you don't mind me asking, how much did this run you? I'm assuming you also paid for their flights/accommodations? 

I hope I hope I hope that Moon Palace will let me do these! 

Congrats on such a beautiful wedding!! :)

#127 FutureMrsMiller

FutureMrsMiller
              • Site Supporter
              • 13 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 01:33 PM

My fiance just bought these for our wedding after watching the Vanessa and Nick wedding show!

#128 MTruvillio

MTruvillio
                • Site Supporter
                • 63 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 11:24 AM

Awesome pics!!  Congrats!

Originally Posted by proti007 

I have what everyone has been waiting for!!! Here are the pictures of the lanterns at my wedding last month: 

Natalie_Greg_Wedding13660.jpgNatalie_Greg_Wedding13659.jpgNatalie_Greg_Wedding13663.jpgNatalie_Greg_Wedding13664.jpgNatalie_Greg_Wedding13666.jpgNatalie_Greg_Wedding13668.jpgNatalie_Greg_Wedding13670.jpgNatalie_Greg_Wedding13683.jpgNatalie_Greg_Wedding13684.jpgNatalie_Greg_Wedding13690.jpg

Mary & Jim

Beaches Turks & Caicos

June 4, 2012

#129 capecodder

capecodder
                  • 234 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 04:21 AM

Love this idea!!  Now, to convince my FI that he loves it too! 

Your pictures are beautiful!!

#130 AwayDC

AwayDC
                    • 155 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 04:26 AM

Amazing idea! Did you have to ask the resort for permission first ? The only reason that I ask is because I wanted to do fireworks and/or cold fireworks and they told me that for security reasons they don't allow it. I really hope they let me do this - your pictures look amazing :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users