Sign in to follow this  
proti007

Sky Lanterns!

Please post if you hear back about Jamaica! I asked my wedding coordinator, but I haven't heard anything back yet. :)

Originally Posted by J and G 2012 View Post

Has anyone had approval from a Jamaician resort to use these?

I'm waiting on approval from my resort, they say they are waiting to hear back from the Environmental agaency in Jamaica.

Thanks,

Jamie

Well, Since I can't use the wishing/sky lanterns, I decided to ask about the floating lotus flowers.

https://www.theskylantern.com/shop/watergardenlanternbr/whitelotuslanternsslighlyrustywire-p-444.html?cPath=35

My WC said YES!!! woot.gif So we are going to get one for each guest and have them light them, make a wish for us, and set them in the pool at the reception. They should burn all night, and I think they will create a really cool effect. The WC was a tad concerned they would have to keep lighting them as it is very windy. I am thinking of getting LEDs to put in them. Anyone know a cheap place to order 30 of these??

I will be sure to post pictures of this when I return. I figure some other girls that have been told no to the sky lanterns, may be into the idea.

Happy Weekend Everyone!!

When I just responded to Lucy at MP again saying how disappointed I was that we couldn't do sky lanterns, she apologized but insisted that we're too close to the airport.  Since you have the go ahead and you've already bought them, would you mind sharing your experiences after your wedding to confirm you sent them??  Then, maybe us brides after you can find a way to make it happen, too!!  Frustrating how we get told different things sometimes... :(

Originally Posted by DiamondGirl View Post

I advised my WC at Moon Palace that I will be releasing Sky Lanterns. Another Moon Palace bride confirmed that they're allowed. I hope my WC coordinator doesn't tell me I can't do these because I already have them. I will freak out!! We all know how the resorts tell everyone something different.

Our hotel confirmed with the local fire department and environmental agency that a permit (including fee) is required due to the potential fire hazard. If we release them without a permit, and someone reports us, we'll be penalized. More than likely, we'll be reported since most people will not know that these are sky lanterns and may think it's a strange occurrence in the sky. We decided not to use the sky lanterns because we don't want to go through the hassle of getting a permit.

Originally Posted by J and G 2012 View Post

Has anyone had approval from a Jamaician resort to use these?

I'm waiting on approval from my resort, they say they are waiting to hear back from the Environmental agaency in Jamaica.

Thanks,

Jamie

I think that's a good idea. Maybe we'll have better luck once we have some proof that another bride was able to do them.

Originally Posted by ndvidul View Post

When I just responded to Lucy at MP again saying how disappointed I was that we couldn't do sky lanterns, she apologized but insisted that we're too close to the airport.  Since you have the go ahead and you've already bought them, would you mind sharing your experiences after your wedding to confirm you sent them??  Then, maybe us brides after you can find a way to make it happen, too!!  Frustrating how we get told different things sometimes... :(

Jwed - Let me know what they say!  I would love to  have these at RMB!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jwed12 View Post

Please post if you hear back about Jamaica! I asked my wedding coordinator, but I haven't heard anything back yet. :)

I can't believe they told you no. They're allowing me to do it. My WC is Valeria. I asked Valeria at MP if we could release the lanterns from the Caribbean Terrace at the end of the reception, because it's on a rooftop and she said we'd have to do it on the beach. Which is fine by me because the beach is only 3 minutes walking distance. I don't like how they tell everyone something different. That's just not fair. 

Originally Posted by leenancy View Post

I think that's a good idea. Maybe we'll have better luck once we have some proof that another bride was able to do them. 

Hey Aimeelaco! Yes Dreams RIviera Cancun does allow these.. they just need to be biodegradable :)

Originally Posted by aimeelaco28 View Post

Does anyone know if Dreams Riviera Cancun allows sky lanterns? I am waiting to hear back from my coordinator and thought someone on here might know...I really hope its allowed :)