Sign in to follow this  
proti007

Sky Lanterns!

NOOOO, I'm upset too!!! I'm getting married at SMB May 2012 and now i'm sad that we can't use these!  My Fiance was so excited!! Our guests would have loved it msncry.gif  I guess we'll have to have fireworks now..  

These Sky Lanterns are the BEST and saw them on Nick Lachey and Vanessa Mannilo's wedding special~~ My resort (NOW Jade) does NOT allow them because of the nature around the resort!! : (

I would suggest you check with your resort before you purchase these....

My 2nd option is sparklers that are about 2 feet long  : )

Yea, I have already asked my WC if they will allow me to the lotus flowers in the pool. I kinda thought about guests being in the pool, but I figured since our reception doesnt start until around 630/7 most everyone would be out of the pool and at dinner or something.

I will let everyone know what the final outcome is with that.

If that doesnt work ok, I guess I may do the sparklers too! Until we can't do that either angry.gif

Sorry, I am a little bitter..can you tell?! cry.gif

Originally Posted by Jwed12 View Post

This is a great idea, but won't the pool still be open for other guests to use at this time? I mean, I don't even think I would mind them if I was a guest at the hotel, lol. I'd check though...

I am DYING to have these at our reception! Its so unique and will look beautiful in the pictures. Does anyone know if you can have them at the Excellence resorts?? I have tried to contact the wedding coordinator and am still waiting to hear back.

So I just got word from Moon Palace that sky lanterns are not allowed because the resort is too close to the airport.... But I know some other MP brides here were told they can have them. Are there any other MP brides who have gotten a positive answer from them?

WHAT?!?! Well CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I thought Coconoir was given the "OK" do have them.......I still haven't heard back for sure yet, so I guess we will see what they tell me...

Originally Posted by leenancy View Post

So I just got word from Moon Palace that sky lanterns are not allowed because the resort is too close to the airport.... But I know some other MP brides here were told they can have them. Are there any other MP brides who have gotten a positive answer from them?