Sky Lanterns!

I would love to hear your reply.  I was going to go on a 'don't ask, don't tell' policy...lol.

Originally Posted by J and G 2012 View Post

Has anyone had approval from a Jamaician resort to use these?

I'm waiting on approval from my resort, they say they are waiting to hear back from the Environmental agaency in Jamaica.

Thanks,

Jamie

You're right - it isn't fair.  Would you mind if I used you as an example after your wedding to say that you were able to do it, so why can't we??  Maybe include pics - LOL? 

BTW, it's almost time for your special day!!! woot.gif  Thinking of you!!  Can't wait to hear how it all was for you when you return.  Best wishes and much happiness!!!

Originally Posted by DiamondGirl View Post

I can't believe they told you no. They're allowing me to do it. My WC is Valeria. I asked Valeria at MP if we could release the lanterns from the Caribbean Terrace at the end of the reception, because it's on a rooftop and she said we'd have to do it on the beach. Which is fine by me because the beach is only 3 minutes walking distance. I don't like how they tell everyone something different. That's just not fair.  

Of course I don't mind! Definitely will do. I know.... I'm excited but stressed at the same time. Thank You sooo much :)

Originally Posted by ndvidul View Post

You're right - it isn't fair.  Would you mind if I used you as an example after your wedding to say that you were able to do it, so why can't we??  Maybe include pics - LOL? 

BTW, it's almost time for your special day!!! woot.gif  Thinking of you!!  Can't wait to hear how it all was for you when you return.  Best wishes and much happiness!!!

Im getting married at The Royal in cancun and there allowing it !! Im soo excited but it does come with a $300.00 fee.. (ouch) thatswck.gif but if i want it bad enough then ill have no choice.. but atleast i know i can do it.. but i need to decide 5 months before.. which i have 4 months to decide...

I am getting married at the Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica in January.  I've checked with my WC to see if the resort allows the release of sky lanterns, and she has informed me that it is permitted :)  I also sent an email to my travel agent to find out if the airline will allow these in checked baggage but she said if the fuel cell is flammable they won't allow it.  I'm thinking about contacting the airline directly to confirm as I'm not 100% convinced that my travel agent even knows what a sky lantern is.  Has anyone else had issues with airlines allowing sky lanterns in checked baggage?

www.theskylantern.com has sky lanterns that use a wax film instead of a fuel cell. You can even put them in your Carry On!!

I ordered from them some floating lotus flowers and sky lanterns (even though our resort doesn't allow it). I looked into it ALOT thinking I would somehow manage to still release them when we are down there. I will let you know if I decide to do it, and how it goes if I do! 

The customer service was amazing!! And feel free to email or call them  with any questions you have, they get back to you very quickly! I was quite impressed with the quality of their products as well! 

Hope this helped!!