My Labor of Love...

I will apologize to those who can not open as I am attaching this as a ppt file.  Not sure exactly how to save it as a picture on my laptop.  If someone can tell me I'd be happy to repost.

Funny part about all of this, FI hasn't even seen these yet as he is on a business trip, hopefully he will love them as if he doesn't he can pony up the $300 for the 10 invites I orignally wanted and just absolutely could not justify spending $30 per invite. 

Please feel free to critique, make suggestions, point something out I have missed as I have been working on these for pretty much the past 24 hours straight - not to include the countless hours I spent searching for just the right graphics and fonts.

I must make note that while I thought ayleebits template was a great place to start, I do not enjoy working in Word so I created this template myself in powerpoint. What I did take from her template and must give due credit was her bar code graphic. 

These are a work in progress, although I am comfortable shutting my screen down for a bit and coming back to them to tweak...

Cheers!

Boarding Pass Invite.pptx

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright my dear, first of all props for taking the aylee bits template and making it your own in powerpoint, I hate working in word too and did the exact same thing!!!

When I open the template things are moved around and not where they should be (I think) SOOOOOO in order for you to get more and proper feedback I will now explain how to save a ppt file as a jpeg so you can post it for all (including yourself) to see!!!!

When you save your document go "Save As"  there should be a drop down menu that says <<format>> it would say "Powerpoint Presentation" right now, if you scroll down you should have a variety of options to save it as.  jpeg would probably be easiest to upload.

Let me know if this working for you or if you need more help!!!!!!!! Looking forward to seeing the pictures so I can provide my "feedback" 

cheers.gif

i really like them, i think they turned out great!!! good job!

Originally Posted by Starfish0512 View Post

My Labor of Love...

I will apologize to those who can not open as I am attaching this as a ppt file.  Not sure exactly how to save it as a picture on my laptop.  If someone can tell me I'd be happy to repost.

Funny part about all of this, FI hasn't even seen these yet as he is on a business trip, hopefully he will love them as if he doesn't he can pony up the $300 for the 10 invites I orignally wanted and just absolutely could not justify spending $30 per invite. 

Please feel free to critique, make suggestions, point something out I have missed as I have been working on these for pretty much the past 24 hours straight - not to include the countless hours I spent searching for just the right graphics and fonts.

I must make note that while I thought ayleebits template was a great place to start, I do not enjoy working in Word so I created this template myself in powerpoint. What I did take from her template and must give due credit was her bar code graphic. 

These are a work in progress, although I am comfortable shutting my screen down for a bit and coming back to them to tweak...

Cheers!

Boarding Pass Invite.pptx

Very pretty pictures you've inserted with those! You've done great work! Looks a little funky to me because I haven't downloaded some of the fonts you've used. Seeing it as a jpeg or PDF would make me understand better.

My only suggestion is that you have some extra punctuation in the third pass (extra commas before periods). Also you missed a space before "Please reach out..." Nice work so far, good luck finalizing!! cheer2.gif

Thank Tori!  I think the reason why things were all moved around is because my laptop uses the most current version of ppt so older ppt versions have a tough time.  That being said, I tried the format thing before I posted here, thinking that would be the most obvous way to save it as a jpeg.  Unfortunately, jpeg isn't listed as an option.  I did however manage to save it in adobe as a pdf so let's try it this way.  If that doesn't work then perhaps the older version of ppt will work - see attachment #1  fingers crossed...

Originally Posted by torilynnsmith View Post

Alright my dear, first of all props for taking the aylee bits template and making it your own in powerpoint, I hate working in word too and did the exact same thing!!!

When I open the template things are moved around and not where they should be (I think) SOOOOOO in order for you to get more and proper feedback I will now explain how to save a ppt file as a jpeg so you can post it for all (including yourself) to see!!!!

When you save your document go "Save As"  there should be a drop down menu that says <<format>> it would say "Powerpoint Presentation" right now, if you scroll down you should have a variety of options to save it as.  jpeg would probably be easiest to upload.

Let me know if this working for you or if you need more help!!!!!!!! Looking forward to seeing the pictures so I can provide my "feedback" 

cheers.gif

Boarding Pass Invite.ppt

Boarding Pass Invite.pdf

Thank you for the feedback on the punctuation... that is EXACTLY why I put it up here :)  The font that I was using the all small caps one - I forget the name - doesn't have puncuation so I had to insert using another font... time consuming for sure! i did just post it (without corrections) as a pdf so maybe that will help see it better?  Thanks again!!!

Originally Posted by acireta View Post

Very pretty pictures you've inserted with those! You've done great work! Looks a little funky to me because I haven't downloaded some of the fonts you've used. Seeing it as a jpeg or PDF would make me understand better.

My only suggestion is that you have some extra punctuation in the third pass (extra commas before periods). Also you missed a space before "Please reach out..." Nice work so far, good luck finalizing!! cheer2.gif