JAMAICA 2012 JAMAICA BRIDES

we are gtting married at the same place, would love to know how it all ends up for you...if ur still looking for a photographer let me know..i found a great one

Originally Posted by GP Bride View Post

Hi everyone, I just found this Thread. I too am getting married at Grande palladium Lady hamilton Jamaica 01/30/2012. Most of all my plans are set except for photography have been looking into a couple outside ventors but thanks for the Merrick Cousley tip I will check him out as well. I have nothing but good things to say about my planning thus far and cant wait...not too far away now!!! We have 47 guests booked and paid for!!! Happy planning!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I hope I'm not reposting, but I'm getting married at Sunset Beach Resort in Montego Bay, August 4, 2012.  I'm so excited but there is so much to do!  I want to start a planning thread but I am a loser when it comes to keeping things up to date. Congrats to all the 2012 brides!!

im going with Diana Campbell ...she has put so much time with me...talking sending pics back and forth...getting the sand ceremony together...plus she is getting some jamaician treats for me. such a great person. and really great prices too

were getting married on April 14th 2012 at 4:00pm in the gazebo, then the reception at the blue lagoon. Almost done with the DIY stuff, but still so much to do lol

Originally Posted by GP Bride View Post

I found a couple of photographer, but not sure who to go with, Which one have you found?!? Thanks When are you getting married? :)

when it comes to a planning thread, you can start posting it a week before the wedding....but not before, make sure you read the rules on planning threads, just do a search and youll find the rules for it.

what im doing to make sure its all together, is take pics as you go..then when it comes time then you can do your thread and its all there for you. good luck and congrats

Originally Posted by mrlddst View Post

I hope I'm not reposting, but I'm getting married at Sunset Beach Resort in Montego Bay, August 4, 2012.  I'm so excited but there is so much to do!  I want to start a planning thread but I am a loser when it comes to keeping things up to date. Congrats to all the 2012 brides!!

Congratulations on your engagement.  I didn't choose a hotel, rather a Villa in Montego Bay.  A few things to keep in mind regarding any of

the hotels.  Hotels book as many events as possible on any given day.  While the ceremony may be booked at the Arch on the Beach for 1-hour,

bride #2's party may be hanging around while you say your "I do's".  Take a look at some of the candid photos on line of beach resort weddings

and notice the tourists in the background complete with shorts and flip flops.  Every bride has a photogapher, party, family, friends, etc. in tow,

you get the picture.  There is no guaranteed privacy at any hotel as there may be up to 10 weddings per day.  Ask how far in advance you can

work with your hotel desginated Planner, it may only be 30 or 60 days.  If you select outside ask what your backup location is in advance in case

it rains.  Ask about all the extras that are not covered in the package the hotel is offering.  Ask questions here, I found the thread full of Bride's

willing to share.  Best of luck. 

Originally Posted by canadiangirl View Post

when it comes to a planning thread, you can start posting it a week before the wedding....but not before, make sure you read the rules on planning threads, just do a search and youll find the rules for it.

what im doing to make sure its all together, is take pics as you go..then when it comes time then you can do your thread and its all there for you. good luck and congrats

Thanks for the advice. I will do that!

i have both stayed at the RUI and attended a wedding at teh RUI. it is a AMAZING hotel and would have to be for me to attend the hotel for a wedding and then plan my own there! any q's just ask!!

Originally Posted by Victoria R View Post

Have you stayed at the Riu before?  I stayed at the Jewel Dunn River Resort in Ocho Rios which is right next door and I heard not so positive things about the Riu?

• 1 month later...

HELLO LADIES!!

so my FI and i were trying to think of a unique thing to do as a guest book. we came up with having a poster of jamaica and getting everyone to sign it. i was thinking of making it on Vistaprint and having it in black and white but i am having trouble finding a nice picture of the island to use... has anyone seen one?