Photo

Hair & Make-Up Recommendations

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#11 sxcT

sxcT
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 02:25 PM

I have contacted all of them including Doranna and I'm waiting to compare prices.  I am just looking for hair which I hope will save me money.  One of my bridesmaids is a pro makeup artist (so lucky). 

Originally Posted by J-me 

Those are beautiful pics - Adrian & his team did a great job! I'm actually trying to decide on hair/makeup artist too...between the Styling Trio, Fernando of the Makeup Pros, and Melissa of MVP. I'd love to hear other brides' thoughts and see more pics :)

#12 sxcT

sxcT
    • 1,282 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 06:29 AM

Ok so I got a quote back from Fernando and Adrian.  Now how do I decide??  I am just doing hair. 

HELP!!! 

#13 TropicLover

TropicLover
      • 293 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 07:40 AM

I'm sure they're both great and talented so it's very difficult to pick just one. Hmmm maybe browse through photos and see which ones have done similar hair styles to what you envision?

Originally Posted by sxcT 

Ok so I got a quote back from Fernando and Adrian.  Now how do I decide??  I am just doing hair. 

HELP!!! 

#14 J-me

J-me
        • 398 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 07:28 AM

I had a really tough time deciding too - they ALL seem great! Ultimately I went with Fernando bc I'm getting hair & makeup & I loved his work. I'm sure you'll love either one - just bring pic(s) of what you want and maybe schedule a trial if it would ease your mind (plus then your hair would be done for welcome cocktail or another pre-wedding event)! Good luck!

HELP!!! 

#15 katrina305

katrina305
          • 91 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 09:37 AM

I used Fernando for hair and makeup for me, my 5 bridesmaids, my mom, and flower girl.  They were amazing! I had no idea what I wanted for my hair, so I had a hair trial the day before.  The hair guy just did one style and that was it, exactly what I wanted.

285457_1972268430974_1370910212_3868980_7211856_n.jpg281590_1972272711081_1370910212_3869014_6275835_n.jpg

#16 sxcT

sxcT
            • 1,282 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 07:24 AM

Thanks ladies!!

I think I am going to go with Adrian and do a trial either for my bachelorette or my welcome dinner party.  I have lots of pictures to bring with me as examples so it should be fine. 

A big concern I do have is I want my hair half up/half down with loose wavy curls.  I know most brides in Mexico prefer their hair up because of heat, humidity and wind but I know I want long loose curls so I'm hoping it works out.  I know by the end of the ceremony and pictures the hair will be up and ready to party LOL.

Originally Posted by J-me 

I had a really tough time deciding too - they ALL seem great! Ultimately I went with Fernando bc I'm getting hair & makeup & I loved his work. I'm sure you'll love either one - just bring pic(s) of what you want and maybe schedule a trial if it would ease your mind (plus then your hair would be done for welcome cocktail or another pre-wedding event)! Good luck!

#17 TropicLover

TropicLover
              • 293 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 10:22 AM

That's great you're booked!  I'm hoping for the same kind of style you're talking about....half up with long lose curls.  We're doing our pictures prior to the ceremony so for the reception I'd like my hair to be up.  Will you have Adrian stay and put your hair up?  Or are you doing it yourself?

Thanks ladies!!

I think I am going to go with Adrian and do a trial either for my bachelorette or my welcome dinner party.  I have lots of pictures to bring with me as examples so it should be fine. 

A big concern I do have is I want my hair half up/half down with loose wavy curls.  I know most brides in Mexico prefer their hair up because of heat, humidity and wind but I know I want long loose curls so I'm hoping it works out.  I know by the end of the ceremony and pictures the hair will be up and ready to party LOL.

#18 sxcT

sxcT
                • 1,282 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 10:25 AM

I think I will just ask for some tips on how to put it up and have my bridesmaids listen and ask them to do it after the pictures.

Originally Posted by TropicLover 

That's great you're booked!  I'm hoping for the same kind of style you're talking about....half up with long lose curls.  We're doing our pictures prior to the ceremony so for the reception I'd like my hair to be up.  Will you have Adrian stay and put your hair up?  Or are you doing it yourself?

#19 TropicLover

TropicLover
                  • 293 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 12:19 PM

Haha yes put them to work!  Lol just kidding.  Good luck with all your planning!  I hope to see some of your pics after the big day :o)

I think I will just ask for some tips on how to put it up and have my bridesmaids listen and ask them to do it after the pictures.

#20 TerraDawn

TerraDawn
                    • 85 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 10:09 AM

I JUST worked with Fernando Fuentes from The Makeup ProsBecky's Hair

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users