Considering Le Reve or Petit Lafitte & not sure what to do regarding negotiations

Hello everyone,

I AM SO EXCITED!!! I was able to work a deal with Le Reve for my wedding in April.  I literally feel so relieved because all the other resorts I've researched were too big, or didn't look quite like what I wanted for my intimate wedding and all I could think about was how much I wanted to have my wedding at Le Reve. I decided to pick up the phone and talk directly with Arlenis and it was the best decision I made because sometimes going back and forth with emails although convenient they can be some misunderstanding especially in my case. She was awesome and very understanding of my situation (wedding size) especially because I REALLY wanted to have my wedding there. I gave her my first name and she knew immediately who she was talking to and even said my FI name. I wasn't expecting that since she must KIT with so many brides. We were able to work it out. I am so GLAD you have no idea. I feel so relieved! Finding a resort that works for you is crucial.

The best part about working with Le Reve is that when you contact them, they respond to your questions in a timely manner and it is very reassuring. I can hardly wait to share my wedding planning process with you all. 

Next step: finding the right STD!

Happy planning beautiful brides!

Sonia~

Sonia!!!

Congratulations for your wedding!! I you have all the reason to be so exicted about having your wedding at Le Reve!! The hotel is amazing, the rooms, the beach, the venue is perfect! Arlenis is more than awesome!! we have worked a lot of times together and she is so organized and responsive! I can leave her all the details and your wedding wil be perfect!!! :)

In case you want to check some of our set ups at the Hotel, please do not hesitate in send me a PM. We have a lot of pictures of weddings set up there!!

Warmest regards and happy planning!!

Gabi

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Is Le Reve the best in the area? It is the one place I have been really drawn too. Love the setting and the privacy. Do not love the prices, especially for Mexico. How expensive is the restaurant and the drinks??? Does anyone know? How expensive is catering and open bar compared to other resorts?

If I booked out the whole place does it seem loud for the older folks? Or is there different spaces people can go too. Three nights at 200 or more just seems a bit much to ask after people already have to buy a flight, take off work, and get things for the trip. 

Please let me know your experiences. Did you let your guests know far in advance the costs so they could prepare? I just got engaged and am planning for January 2013 but really want the venue booked so I can give everyone a year notice for planning, jobs, children etc.

Any help is greatly appreciated.cheesy.gif

Jamie

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jamie,

I will be biased when I say YES, Le Reve is the best in the area. ;) But kidding aside, in that area, you have Sandos, an all-inclusive that is a bit cheesy and more family oriented. But like very obviously family oriented with the pools full of kids and kids pottery carts around the pool area. I think you get the bang for your buck, but I doubt the food is all that great.

Petit Lafitte is another great option. It is also kid friendly but in a more subtle way. I think the place still gives off a nice, natural vibe and it shares a beach with the gorgeous and luxurious Tides resort. Petit Lafitte gives GREAT rates and offers wedding options.

I think of those options (besides Tides and Azul Fives which are luxury resorts), Le Reve is the most elegant option. The setting is sophisticated without being obnoxious.

I completely understand your hesitation to invite people to a wedding and then have them pay for an expensive stay. But I will tell you from my experience that our guests are super excited about the wedding and have made a vacation out of it. Most of our rooms at Le Reve have already been booked by guests, and a lot of our guests are using Petit Lafitte as an option or going even cheaper in downtown Playa. Another thing that guests are doing is staying at Le Reve for the wedding events and then moving to more affordable lodging. I was surprised when all the bungalows (the most expensive rooms) got filled first.

As for the restaurant, they are closer to American prices but still on the lower end. (Then again, I am comparing to Manhattan prices) A drink will run you about $9-10. If you are concerned about open bar, you should look into Europa. I believe it is a type of Costco-like place that has very reasonable prices for alcohol. Le Reve will allow you to bring in wines with a corkage fee. I think open bar and catering is comparable to other resorts. You can PM me for specifics.

I believe if you have older people stay at the ends of the resort, they will not be disturbed. Le Reve is pretty much an open spaced building with no closed off lounges or anything.

I will end with this: It is very considerate for you to think about your guests' financial situations. But the ones who really want to make it will make it work. And will probably have the best time ever.