Photo

To sand ceremony or not? And, how the heck do you get it home looking nice?

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#21 canadiangirl

canadiangirl
  • 1,252 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 07:15 AM

This is what we were going to do for our upcoming wedding....my FI and I are doing the sand ceremony, but i wanted to do something for our moms as well, a blending of the two families. The only thing i have to figure out is when to do this as far as timing goes, but here it is anyways...

FI and I will do the sand ceremony using our two main colours baby blue for him, and black for me we will do this before we exchange our rings....then at some point we will do a unity painting for our moms and us, each person doing a circle moms on either side of the canvas FI will do one by my moms, and I will do one by FI mom. (IF YOU CAN PICTURE IT)

my mom will use a lime green pain colour

his mom will use a orange paint colour

FI again will do baby blue

and me again with the black

once we get back home... i will place the sand the painting and a picture of FI and I on our wedding day on a shelf for all to see. I really just need to figure out when to do the painting in regards to the actual ceremony!!

Two hands will join together on their special day and look at each other and say I DO on April 14 2012 in Montego Bay Jamaica

#22 JayKay

JayKay
    • 3,472 posts
    • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
    • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
    • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 18 July 2011 - 03:34 PM

I had never heard of a painting before, what a neat unique idea!

Originally Posted by canadiangirl 

This is what we were going to do for our upcoming wedding....my FI and I are doing the sand ceremony, but i wanted to do something for our moms as well, a blending of the two families. The only thing i have to figure out is when to do this as far as timing goes, but here it is anyways...

FI and I will do the sand ceremony using our two main colours baby blue for him, and black for me we will do this before we exchange our rings....then at some point we will do a unity painting for our moms and us, each person doing a circle moms on either side of the canvas FI will do one by my moms, and I will do one by FI mom. (IF YOU CAN PICTURE IT)

my mom will use a lime green pain colour

his mom will use a orange paint colour

FI again will do baby blue

and me again with the black

once we get back home... i will place the sand the painting and a picture of FI and I on our wedding day on a shelf for all to see. I really just need to figure out when to do the painting in regards to the actual ceremony!!

#23 canadiangirl

canadiangirl
    • 1,252 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 02:12 PM

yeah i luv this idea

Two hands will join together on their special day and look at each other and say I DO on April 14 2012 in Montego Bay Jamaica

#24 anichols8

anichols8
      • 232 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 02:14 PM

Thinking about doing this.  Thanks for the thread!

#25 cdc150

cdc150
        • 332 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 01:51 PM

it was suggested that we do it to make the ceremony longer.... not sure how i'm gonna get it home without it getting ruined

#26 sxcT

sxcT
          • 1,282 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 02:08 PM

I bought this one!!! 

Just got it yesterday and I love how it looks.  Its made for travel.  And you can even include little things from your wedding/honeymoon/vacation...seashells, trinkets, etc.

Originally Posted by Starfish0512 

Great thread as I was wondering how the sand stayed perfectly for traveling...  Love the etsy frame, thanks for the link but also found this one, tough choice!

http://www.sandsatio...ng_p_11428.html 

As far as wording for the ceremony goes, is that up to FI and I?  We do not have our officiant booked as of yet, so not exactly sure....

#27 Coco YUL

Coco YUL
            • 162 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 02:21 PM

Love the meaning of the sand ceremony... still debating if we are doing it or not...

#28 BridetwoBe

BridetwoBe
              • 359 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 08:53 PM

I love the frame, but since it does not come witha container are you buying your own supplies for ceremony?

Do you pour sand in after sand is in a vase?

Originally Posted by sxcT 

I bought this one!!! 

Just got it yesterday and I love how it looks.  Its made for travel.  And you can even include little things from your wedding/honeymoon/vacation...seashells, trinkets, etc.

#29 sxcT

sxcT
                • 1,282 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 06:07 AM

By container do you mean the vases that hold the sand?  I will pick those up from the Dollar Tree or Michaels and put sand in them and then we will pour them into the frame during the ceremony.  I already purchased the sand from the same place as the frame - sandsational.

Originally Posted by BridetwoBe 

I love the frame, but since it does not come witha container are you buying your own supplies for ceremony?

Do you pour sand in after sand is in a vase?

#30 nmw134

nmw134
                  • 98 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 07:39 AM

We were just at a non destination wedding last weekend, and they did one of these and included their two children.  It was very touching, and made me want to do it now, after thinking before that I didn't want to!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users