Need your suggestion

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#11 RaydensMama

RaydensMama
  • VIP Member
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 01:45 PM

DO IT TAMMY!! They are so beautiful and people love to look at coffee table books!

#12 Jackie

Jackie
    • 2,290 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 06:09 PM

I do really love the coffe table books and the lay out of them verse the regular photo albums or put together scrap books so I say you do need it. I'm a picture nut though so who knows.
      My Dreams Cabo Wedding Review
      http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t22576

#13 Chiquita

Chiquita
      • 2,674 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 06:17 PM

Coffee table books look really nice.. we would probably do it but we are picture crazy.. haha! If you have the money, then do it now. If you don't, then just wait awhile and decide.

#14 BrittneyD

BrittneyD
        • 679 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 10:30 PM

I would go for it. Coffee table books look amazing! This is the coolest part to me. I am also a picture nut though.
          Brittney & Peter
          July 12, 2008
          Riu Ocho Rios

http://tickers.Ticke....2452/event.png

#15 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 18,759 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 10:46 PM

I think it would be nice. People are not likely to want to look through an album with 100s of photos, but a nice coffee table book that just shows the main stuff is fun to browse through.

I get the shutterfly photobooks free all the time from various deals. I just ordered one of our engagement pics & dating pics for my grandma. I'm working on one now to use as a guestbook. I'll search to see if I can find more free deals. If so, there is no reason not to make it :)

#16 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 18,759 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 10:52 PM

Here is one of you were already a member of dogster.com
              Shutterfly Jump Zone on Dogster

One if you were already a member of yahoo photos
              http://closing.photos.yahoo.com

All the deals that didn't require you already be a member of something are expired. More pop up all the time.

#17 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 6,996 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 01:39 AM

Tammy, I'd at least do a mypublisher book of Juan's pics. I know you don't think the quality is nice, and you've had customer service issues with them, but I still don't think they're that bad. I LOVE the book I did for my brother- I'm probably going to use them to make our parent books.

I'd probably do your book within the next year. Spend a few weeks looking at your photos to get familiar with them and decide which ones you love the most. Certain ones will definitely start to stand out. Take the top 30-50 and make a book. It doesn't have to be HUGE- that way you can really showcase the pictures you love, and cuts down on the cost.

#18 TammyB

TammyB
                • 10,630 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 08:22 AM

So I played around last night with MyPublisher, I did just the book with it just Cain and I, not the wedding or anything like that. The proof book will have alot of the pictures but of all different types of pictures. I'll sit on the book for a few days and decide what I want to do. Hmmmmm

#19 TammyB

TammyB
                  • 10,630 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 08:50 AM

*** UPDATE ***

OK so I went online to the place my sister ordered our wedding album from, and I just found out that the album only holds 120 4x6 images or 60 5x7 images. OK so Juan sent me 167 proofs and I ordered over 100 more. SO now their is no way I can do all my proofs in one album.. Should I use the album to showcase our wedding ceremony and such and then do a coffee table book of just Cain and I? Or do you guys have another suggestion?

#20 Elizabeth Medina

Elizabeth Medina
                    • Vendor
                    • 278 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 12:05 AM

Hi Tammy, I can't resist chiming in here...if there is anyway you can swing having Juan design book for you, DO IT! Proofs are great but they are a different thing than having the history of your day told in a professionally designed and printed album. That is something that you will look at a million times over the years and it will be a huge (and beautiful) part of your family history! Your photographs are SO gorgeous, don't think twice about it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users