Photo

Need your suggestion

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 TammyB

TammyB
  • 10,630 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 11:47 AM

I received a beautiful album for a wedding gift so I plan on putting the all of my proofs in there. (and I ordered another 100 pics to add to the album that Juan didn't include in the prints he sent me)

So right now, I have a scrapbook of all our non-pro pictures, a photobook (aka coffee table book) of our cabo vacation picture, and a photo album with all the proofs +100 extra. What I'm trying to figure out is if I should still make a coffee table book of our wedding pictures. I was thinking of maybe just the ones of just Cain and I, but I'm not sure if it's really needed Ya know. SO I wanted your thoughts & suggestions.

#2 Jessica

Jessica
    • VIP Member
    • 11,939 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 11:56 AM

Well would the second coffee table book pictures be different from the proof album?

I went a little photo album crazy and have three different photo albums of wedding/vacation stuff. I actually had a couple more lined up, but then I thought about it and realized I didn't need a zillion different wedding/honeymoon photo albums.

Is it needed? No. Is it fun to do? Yes. You just have to decide if it's worth it to you. Honestly, I have shown everyone I know the albums and unless we make new friends, they are just going to collect dust for awhile. But on the other hand, if you plan on having a couple of kids, it'll be nice because one day you can pass the photo albums on to each of them.

#3 JulieG

JulieG
      • VIP Member
      • 8,323 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 12:03 PM

Why not wait a little while. Do not rush and decide now, you have the rest of your lives to decide if you need it or not. Think on it and maybe in a year from now you will decide you want to do it. I say don't spend the money doing it now if you are not positive you want it and will look at it. Does that make sense? If in a few months you decide you really want it, then do it then.

#4 Wisco4

Wisco4
        • 666 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 12:05 PM

Could you make a smaller one with 20 or so pics of the two of you? A friend of mine had them made for her wedding attendents and parents on a site similar to Kodak.com. They turned out awesome.
          ~Amanda

#5 Natalie Z

Natalie Z
          • 1,430 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 01:10 PM

wait, tammy did you get your cd from Juan then

#6 TammyB

TammyB
            • 10,630 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 01:14 PM

Yeah I just got it yesterday. I posted some pictures last night.. OK I posted alot of pictures last night.. lol

#7 Natalie Z

Natalie Z
              • 1,430 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 01:14 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by TammyB
                Yeah I just got it yesterday. I posted some pictures last night.. OK I posted alot of pictures last night.. lol
                oh I need to find that post!!! I'm so happy you got them! Did Jen get hers?

#8 TammyB

TammyB
                • 10,630 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 01:18 PM

I'm not sure, I sent her a PM but she hasn't logged on yet. I would assume she got hers as well.

#9 Nrvsbride

Nrvsbride
                  • 5,248 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 01:23 PM

I think you should hold off. See how you feel in a couple of months after you've shown all your other albums to people. Like Jessica said, sometimes they end up collecting dust. If you really want to make another one in a couple of months, then I say go for it.

#10 TammyB

TammyB
                    • 10,630 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 01:40 PM

What's really hard is that I knew I always wanted one.. Well after I seen the first one posted on here. But then I got that album for a wedding gift, which I love and knew I wanted to use it. BUT I already have a scrapbook album & then a proof album.. So I do agree what's the point of 2, ok 3 wedding books.. Ugh it's just so hard, the coffee table books are so impressive and beautiful..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users