Excellence Riviera Cancun

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 clairebear

• 6 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 07:26 AM

I would like the ceremony on the beach.....there is only me and my fiance going... .....so we wont be having a reception :(  but I was thinking to book the private dinner for 2 on the beach.. which is $250 extra. Or Nayeli said she will book us a table in one of the restaurants. Kinda weird having noone with us. But our parents wont fly and I live in the UK so its a 10 hour flight! LOL! 

Ohh I am entrigued about the sand ceremony..... never heard of it... will have to look that up!

Sooooo excited! I bet you are too!!!

We will overlap for a few days :)  I arrive on October 29 and our wedding is on November 1 and we're staying until November 5.  I am under the impression that the ceremony can be in English or Spanish.  We are still trying to figure out what we're going to do for the ceremony.  I think we're going to write our own ceremony because I'm not sure what the standard ceremony consists of.  Nayeli said that if we want to add anything to the ceremony we can send it to her and she will give it to the officiant.  I have seen a lot of people doing the sand ceremony, which I think is a Mexican tradition.  What are you guys going to do?  We are going to have the ceremony on the beach and the reception in the outside square area. Where are you having yours? We are also booking DJ Mannia.  Right now we have 20 people booked but are thinking we'll have a total of around 30 people.  How about you?  

#22 loreli79

• 27 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 06:27 PM

Hey Jass,

Hows the planning going? Make any progress with the photographer?

#23 mandijacole

• 156 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 12:12 PM

I finally got in contact with the resort photographer and she sent me a sample of their work.  PM me if anyone would like to see the photographs and I'll forward you the email from her.

#24 tsc2012

• 25 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 03:26 PM

hi all,

just wondering if anyone has had a beach reception and if they would suggest it and/or have any pics?

#25 bondgirl0072010

• 789 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 04:57 PM

Hello clairebear!

Congratulations on booking your wedding! I was married there last year. They do have the ceremony in English and yes, there is an exchange of rings. My husband and I said our own vows.

Another idea to avoid blood tests is, you may want to consider having the legal ceremony in the UK and a symbolic ceremony at ERC (this is what we did). That way, there aren't blood tests that are required and you don't have to worry about having to pay cash for them once you get to Mexico. I'm not exactly sure what the cost is but I believe it's a few hundred $USD.

Congratulations! It's a beautiful resort and you and your fiance I'm sure will have an amazing time! :) I've attached a few pics below!

Hello ladies! I have just booked my wedding for 20th October 2011! I like to do things at the last minute! LOL! There is only myself and my fianc© going! Very romantic!

I have opted to get an outside photographer in... as 24 pics for the resort photographer seems AWFUL! I have booked Derek Campbell! The resort is charging us $150 dollars per person to bring the photographers in! But I think its worth it! I will be getting tons more photos - and by reading other peoples reviews - much better quality! He is also doing the video for pretty cheap for me also!

Questions I have are: Do they do the ceremony in English? Exchange the rings etc? Has anyone also said their own vows?

As we are on our own we are thinking about having a private dinner on the beach afterward.. anyone done this? Apparently its an extra $250 per couple…..

Also…. How are the blood tests? I bruise like a peach and don’t fancy a huge black bruise on my arm?

I am soooo excited!

Big hugs ladies! XXX 

#26 steph2011

• 82 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 07:33 PM

Hello Ladies,

It seems as though there is a lot of different information being told to everyone by Nayeli.  I recently asked her about using another photographer and she said the price is $500!!!  There was no mention of a per person charge, simply $500 flat.  I think that is outrageous and I don't like how they are trying to force us to use the resort photographer.  She did mention something about a recent local union, so I wonder if this is the reason.  I'm pretty frustrated, so I'm hoping my travel agent is able to shed some light on the subject or possibly get me some more information.

Best of luck to everyone.

#27 Moments That Matter

Moments That Matter

Diamond Vendor

• Insiders
              • 3,072 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 08:35 AM

Congratulations and welcome to the forums! The Excellence Riviera Cancun is such a great resort... you will love this location for your wedding. Here is a link to images from the resort you requested: Exccellence.jpg

Exccellence 1.jpg

Exccellence 2.jpg

Moments That Matter Photography , Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Canadian Award Winning Photojournalist serving the Riviera Maya

Email: contact@momentsthatmatterphotography.com

Why we're Ranked #1 ~ Scoop on what we do:  MTM Reviews

Meet Lincoln & Team MTM: "Meet Lincoln" Video + see his Passion!!!

We Offer: 100% Vendor Fee Discount
                                    100% Deposit Guarantee

100% Satisfaction Guarantee

#28 rpage06

• 14 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 05:44 PM

Has anyone from the US done the legal ceremony? How difficult was it to get your documents all worked out? How long did it take and what was the process? I am getting married at ERC on 11-11-11 and am getting nervous and excited! Any info would be great!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users