Excellence Riviera Cancun

mandijacole

The most of the all inclusive hotel´s in The Riviera Maya are allow to bring your own Photographer, and they will charge you an out side vendor fee that is ok. However they can´t force you use the Photographer of the hotel if you dont like his work :( You need to get a deal!

Good luck on that

Diego

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Diego! I would not mind paying a vendor fee of $150 which I believe used to be the price to bring a vendor in. I wouldn't even mind bringing  a photographer of my choice as a guest to my wedding. But I don't think they allow either one anymore. Still waiting to hear back, hopefully with a clear answer.

Jass,

I'm also waiting to hear back about this.  We are considering bringing a photographer as our guest as well.  I don't think they'd have any grounds to say no if the person is a guest and paying to stay there.  At least that's our hope!  Let me know if you hear anything.

Amanda

Hi ladies......

Nayeli also told me that some outside vendors are banned.... but Derek Campbell - who I have booked has been there previously and has another wedding booked later on in the year... so she didnâ€t say anything about him not being allowed in... she just said its $150 per person to come in! Very expensive.... but worth it I think....

Mandijacole: I think I may be there at the same time as you? I arrive on 16th October - married on 20th October.. and leave on 31st Oct.....

Do you know if the ceremony is in English? Are you also saying your own vows?

Good luck ladies! 

Jass-

I'm getting married at ERC next year and am in the same photography dilemma as you.

Have you actually contacted "Blue Lens Caribe?" I did, and Ashley got back to me. After several weeks of going back and fourth she finally put me in contact with her photographer who claimed to be the photographer of Excellence Playa Mujeres, even though I over stressed the fact that I was getting married at Excellence Riviera Cancun. 

When I asked him to clarify he explained that Blue Lens Caribe does not work in Excellence Riviera Cancun, and that I need to talk to Massimo Volpi, from VIP Weddings. So I contacted him about seeing his work and he told me that their site is currently down but I can view their work on another website: www.calypsofoto.com. (ok? even more confused!)

Check out that site and let me know your thoughts. At this time, I am highly irritated by the fact that I cannot view specific wedding pictures the resort photographer has taken. 

Its kind of an important aspect of the wedding and their lack of information and is very frustrating. 

Clairbear

We will overlap for a few days :)  I arrive on October 29 and our wedding is on November 1 and we're staying until November 5.  I am under the impression that the ceremony can be in English or Spanish.  We are still trying to figure out what we're going to do for the ceremony.  I think we're going to write our own ceremony because I'm not sure what the standard ceremony consists of.  Nayeli said that if we want to add anything to the ceremony we can send it to her and she will give it to the officiant.  I have seen a lot of people doing the sand ceremony, which I think is a Mexican tradition.  What are you guys going to do?  We are going to have the ceremony on the beach and the reception in the outside square area. Where are you having yours? We are also booking DJ Mannia.  Right now we have 20 people booked but are thinking we'll have a total of around 30 people.  How about you?  

Loreli,

I'm sorry we share same frustration with ERC. I had emailed Nayelli and told her my honest opinion about BlueLensCaribe, and asked if only certain outside vendors are banned. And last night I got an email from her, and she said it's best to check with her first before booking any outside vendors, and that not all vendors are banned. She also said that vendors fee is $150, and it does not include a meal. That is really frustrating me because I want to be able to give my photographer at least a meal during my wedding. Also the photography team I love is Del Sol, and they are not going to do anymore weddings there, and also they are banned/not allowed to shoot weddings with Excellence.

But yeah that is really strange about them pushing a photographer who only has a few pictures of Excellence Playa Mujeres, and having website issues to ERC brides. When I was at ERC this past May, we talked to a guy named Peter with VIP photography (photographers on the resort), and we set up for him to take our engagement pictures. We had a lot of fun with him, and he put us at ease. The pictures turned out really nicely, and we spent quite a lot on them. He also told us that he was leaving the country soon and so it's not like I can ask him to take our wedding pictures. But VIP was the only photography on site at ERC, at least when we went. But VIP photographers take all sorts of photos, for all kinds of events, and I didn't get a feel that they do a lot of weddings. And because photography is so important to me, I would want someone who does wedding photography to do my wedding. I'm still debating on what to do. Glad I didn't spend money or lose money like some have. And it's hard to trust a resort that can change rules at any moment, and all you have is email correspondance.

Mandicole!

I would like the ceremony on the beach.....there is only me and my fiance going... .....so we wont be having a reception :(  but I was thinking to book the private dinner for 2 on the beach.. which is $250 extra. Or Nayeli said she will book us a table in one of the restaurants. Kinda weird having noone with us. But our parents wont fly and I live in the UK so its a 10 hour flight! LOL! 

Ohh I am entrigued about the sand ceremony..... never heard of it... will have to look that up!

Sooooo excited! I bet you are too!!!

woot.gif

Originally Posted by mandijacole View Post

Clairbear

We will overlap for a few days :)  I arrive on October 29 and our wedding is on November 1 and we're staying until November 5.  I am under the impression that the ceremony can be in English or Spanish.  We are still trying to figure out what we're going to do for the ceremony.  I think we're going to write our own ceremony because I'm not sure what the standard ceremony consists of.  Nayeli said that if we want to add anything to the ceremony we can send it to her and she will give it to the officiant.  I have seen a lot of people doing the sand ceremony, which I think is a Mexican tradition.  What are you guys going to do?  We are going to have the ceremony on the beach and the reception in the outside square area. Where are you having yours? We are also booking DJ Mannia.  Right now we have 20 people booked but are thinking we'll have a total of around 30 people.  How about you?