Excellence Riviera Cancun

mandijacole

Hi!  My wedding date is November 1, 2011 at Excellence Riviera Cancun.  I'm excited to get feedback from any other brides that are planning a wedding at ERC or who have already had a wedding there.  Any recommendations or pictures to share?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome! Try using the search bar to search for that specific resort to find the thread for it.  There should be tons of brides, past or future, on there who can help you!  Good luck with your planning:)

• 3 weeks later...

Congratulations everyone!

I am also planning a wedding at ERC, and there seems to be recent development about bans on outside photography vendors and not allowing them to shoot weddings anymore at Excellence Resorts. Have any of you heard about this?

I was told by ERC wedding coordinator that some vendors are banned/not allowed, and when I contacted a photographer who has done many weddings at ERC, I was warned about this new development. I'm waiting to hear back from the resort, if there is a list of banned photographers, and the reason behind that. I really do not want to have a choice of one or two photographers that they approve of. I have been to ERC and EPM on vacation, and loved it. Hopefully it will all work out for all of us, specially those who want to bring in an outside photographer. There is more information about this on EPM trip advisor page if anyone is interested.

Hey Jass7!

Congrats to you! I too am getting married at ERC in April of 2012. We visited there this past May and fell in love with the resort. I've been dealing with Nayeli as I'm sure you have as well. I was told the same thing about outside vendors, especially photographers. There are a lot of things I do not like about using the resort photographer:

I don't like the fact that I can't view examples of weddings he's shot in the past. When I contacted him I was told his website was currently down. Right now, I have no idea what I'm paying for quality wise. 

I don't like the fact that I cant use the cost of the photographer in the wedding package towards something else should I choose not to use him.

I don't like that fact that I have to spend an extra $150 on a day pass if I want to bring in an outside photographer.

I don't like the fact that the resort photographer charges $15 per digital file of every picture we choose. All we get are (24) 5x7 prints. 

Have you struggled with the same thoughts?

Congrats to you all as well!  I am also trying to decide whether to use the resort photographer or an outside vendor.  I would like to not have to pay extra and just use the photographer provided with the package, but I haven't been able to see any portfolios showing their work :(  Are there any past brides from ERC that used the resort photographer and could share their photos?  That would be so helpful because it's hard to make a decision without seeing any of their work...

Hello ladies! I have just booked my wedding for 20th October 2011! I like to do things at the last minute! LOL! There is only myself and my fiancé going! Very romantic!

I have opted to get an outside photographer in... as 24 pics for the resort photographer seems AWFUL! I have booked Derek Campbell! The resort is charging us $150 dollars per person to bring the photographers in! But I think its worth it! I will be getting tons more photos - and by reading other peoples reviews - much better quality! He is also doing the video for pretty cheap for me also!

Questions I have are: Do they do the ceremony in English? Exchange the rings etc? Has anyone also said their own vows?

As we are on our own we are thinking about having a private dinner on the beach afterward.. anyone done this? Apparently its an extra $250 per couple…..

Also…. How are the blood tests? I bruise like a peach and donâ€t fancy a huge black bruise on my arm?

I am soooo excited!

Big hugs ladies! XXX 

Have you ladies gotten the approval to bring outside photographer vendor in? I have not, and Nayeli keeps telling me that I should use www.bluelenscaribe.com. I am sorry but I do not like the quality of those photos, and I do not see any Excellence Riviera Cancun or Playa Mujeres pictures that they have shot, as I have been to both resorts so it would be easy to spot them. I have emailed Nayeli, and asked her if all outside vendors are banned. And I am really upset about this, as I do not want to be forced to use their approved photographer.

Also I read on TripAdvisor, that one couple who is getting married at Excellence Playa Mujeres was allowed to bring a photographer, and now that they are talking about details for their October wedding, they were told they cannot bring outside photographer, and they were going to lose a deposit on that, but somehow they worked it out that they were granted an exception.