Photo

We found a venue, What questions to ask?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 STAC8228

STAC8228
  • 155 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 08:42 AM

Hi ladies, so right now i'm planning my California wedding from Ohio until I move there in September. We found a venue that fits our budget & am super excited. My Fiance who lives in Cali is going to look at  it next week, What questions should we ask? I was so excited to find something within our budget of 5000, that i haven't thought any further after. thanks for your help!

#2 JayKay

JayKay
    • 3,472 posts
    • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
    • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
    • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 08 July 2011 - 04:57 PM

I think the main thing is whats included with it.  Sometimes the venue is just the venue and sometimes they provide other things like linens, food, alcohol, centerpieces ect.  Also, its good to know cancellation policies (just incase!), and other things in regards to a DJ, caterer, cake ect.

Originally Posted by STAC8228 

Hi ladies, so right now i'm planning my California wedding from Ohio until I move there in September. We found a venue that fits our budget & am super excited. My Fiance who lives in Cali is going to look at  it next week, What questions should we ask? I was so excited to find something within our budget of 5000, that i haven't thought any further after. thanks for your help!

#3 bride6262

bride6262
    • 582 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 07:35 PM

great advice!

#4 montygirl

montygirl
      • 11 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 04:58 AM

Here is a checklist you could use:

1. Space - will it fit other things, apart from wedding guests, table and chairs.

2. Catering - in-house or outside, styles of menu

3. Decors - appropriate decorations to suit your wedding theme

4. Do they have proper liquor license, can you bring in your own booze without having to pay extra

5. Adequate coat check, parking, restrooms, etc

6. Will the venue be exclusively yours for the day?

7. Can you bring: your own photographer, videographer, DJ, bands, etc. Sometimes the venue has a tie up with in-house vendors and you might be forced to use them.

8. Does the venue have changing rooms, baby care rooms.

9. What does the rental cost include: does that cost account for overtime charges, decorations, cleaning up, etc

10. If the venue is outdoors, is there a plan B location in case of rains

11. Payment schedule: onetime down payment or instalments

12. Cancellation charges

I guess, this should be enough to trigger some questions of your own. Happy planning!

-----------------------

Click on Destination Photographer to hire a true professional with 15 years of experience

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users