Now Sapphire Weddings Formerly Paradisus Riviera

@@VancouverGal we found some at discountmugs.com or costco actually had some deals for a 3 pack for 6 dollars however i found cute 24oz frosted glasses that are more personalized at myweddingreceptionideas.com so we are debating doing the glasses so people don't have to fill up as often and are cheaper or the tumblers which are more expensive but insulated.

• Like 1

@@Johnsonspartyof2 we are making "hangover kits" with some little necessities like Tylenol, pepto bismol, tums, bandaid, Sunscreen, aloe, vitamin c pack, etc, personalized sunglasses (in case guests forget theirs or don't want to worry about losing nice ones) and a personalized insulated cup guests can use when at the beach or pool etc.

I was trying to go more practical so things will actually get used versus spending money on favors that will be thrown away.

Sounds great! We will be doing pretty much the same thing.

@@cayls55  Thanks for the tip! I like the frosted glasses, but I think the tumblers might get more use from our guests. I'll have to get on that soon.

@@VancouverGal we found some at discountmugs.com or costco actually had some deals for a 3 pack for 6 dollars however i found cute 24oz frosted glasses that are more personalized at myweddingreceptionideas.com so we are debating doing the glasses so people don't have to fill up as often and are cheaper or the tumblers which are more expensive but insulated.

Did anyone rent the bridal suite ?? If is was it worth the extra fee? Tell me the details on it.......i'm having a hard time finding photos or more details on it.

And - I'm not a coffee drinker.......we drink a lot of energy drinks. Are these available on the resort?  (I'm wondering if we need the taxi to stop at a convenient store when they pick us up at the airport LOL)

Edited by AmandaU

Did anyone rent the bridal suite ?? If is was it worth the extra fee? Tell me the details on it.......i'm having a hard time finding photos or more details on it.

And - I'm not a coffee drinker.......we drink a lot of energy drinks. Are these available on the resort?  (I'm wondering if we need the taxi to stop at a convenient store when they pick us up at the airport LOL)

I had no idea they had a bridal suite. Im interested in more information as well.

• 2 weeks later...

We are getting married on April 5, 2017 at the NOW Sapphire. I've been reading this forum for DAYS, and I've came up with some questions that I have for all of you past and future brides.

Our ceremony will be on the beach with our reception on Tequila Terrace. I think $350/hour for the DJ is insane and the $180/hour rental if you just used the speaker system seems high to me too. I have seen numerous brides post that they used a Bluetooth wireless speaker and made their own playlists and I'm highly considering doing this as well (because as you all know, these extras add up QUICK). My concerns..

1. Is a Bluetooth speaker going to be adequate? We are thinking 25-30 guests. Wanted to make sure it would be loud enough. And if the sound was fine, did the ipod playlist and speaker still allow people to have fun and dance? I want to make sure my guests will still have fun.

2. How did you do introductions without having a DJ or renting the speaker system? Who introduced you guys when you came into the reception? Who said when the first dance, cake cutting, etc was going to happen? And all of this without a microphone? This question is my biggest concern :(

3. Any speaker recommendations?

@@AmandaU, @@Johnsonspartyof2 : I heard the Bridal Suite is $100 extra, but don't have much more details than that. I'm having a small wedding with no bridesmaids, so I figure getting ready in my room will be good enough.

@@wvupharmer13 I had the exact same thought process as you. I have about 20 guests with mostly older family, so not a huge dancing crowd. I wouldn't need a DJ. But I want music and so I was shocked to hear of the $180/hr cost. My fiance did research on Amazon to find a really good speaker system and we just received this one: https://amzn.com/B019GY47FY . Plus there is a matching external microphone:   https://amzn.com/B018JUQ16E

There were cheaper options like Bose, but my fiancé wanted to be confident that the sound was loud and had good bass. Plus, we'll be able to keep using it after the wedding so spending $350 instead of $250 for Bose was a good trade-off.  We just tested it last night and I think it's perfect. Our plan will be to make a few different playlists so we can just cue it up and not have someone manning it all night. I think I'll ask someone like my dad (who's not shy with public speaking) to make any announcements.

Edited by VancouverGal

We are getting married on April 5, 2017 at the NOW Sapphire. I've been reading this forum for DAYS, and I've came up with some questions that I have for all of you past and future brides.

Our ceremony will be on the beach with our reception on Tequila Terrace. I think $350/hour for the DJ is insane and the $180/hour rental if you just used the speaker system seems high to me too. I have seen numerous brides post that they used a Bluetooth wireless speaker and made their own playlists and I'm highly considering doing this as well (because as you all know, these extras add up QUICK). My concerns..

1. Is a Bluetooth speaker going to be adequate? We are thinking 25-30 guests. Wanted to make sure it would be loud enough. And if the sound was fine, did the ipod playlist and speaker still allow people to have fun and dance? I want to make sure my guests will still have fun.

2. How did you do introductions without having a DJ or renting the speaker system? Who introduced you guys when you came into the reception? Who said when the first dance, cake cutting, etc was going to happen? And all of this without a microphone? This question is my biggest concern :(

We had 20 people at our wedding and the blue tooth speaker was enough.  We had a playlist for dinner and then a playlist for afterwards dancing.  It wasn't a club atmosphere but more than suited our needs.  After the bar packed up we continued to dance on the terrace for about another hour or so.  We all then headed to the disco and had a great time.  With a wedding party so small we didn't feel the need to announce anything.  The ceremony and cocktail hour and the reception flowed really well from one to the next.  Ramon reminded us that we needed to cut our cake.  With 20 people it was obvious what we were doing.

@@AmandaU, @@Johnsonspartyof2 : I heard the Bridal Suite is $100 extra, but don't have much more details than that. I'm having a small wedding with no bridesmaids, so I figure getting ready in my room will be good enough.

The rooms at the Now Sapphire are actually pretty spacious.  I had my 3 sisters as bridesmaids and we were all able to get ready (and my mom and aunt) and it didn't feel cramped at all.  We even took some great pictures in the room prior.

sml_gallery_58757_16812_1386232556_22955

@@AmandaU

I did not rent the bridal suite, but I was sent photos by the spa, which I will post. Myself and 2 BMs had our hair & makeup done at the spa - it was a bit crowded when there was another bridal party of 3 in it. You might want to consider it if you have a large group. 

Energy drinks definitely aren't in the room fridges. You might be able to get at the bars - I think my husband ordered the occasional red bull (although they may have carried a different brand, even a no name Mexican brand possibly, if you are picky about what kind). They do have a store that probably carried them as well, but that would cost you money and the store was not cheap.

@@wvupharmer13

We rented a speaker from a local vendor, who unfortunately is not renting at Now Sapphire any longer. But you could bring your own speaker. We had something like this. It included a microphone. It was great for our needs (group of 40). We used it with an iPhone and the Wedding DJ app. 

We had our MC (my brother-in-law) announce things like speeches, etc. using the microphone. We had another friend who helped to transition between speaking & music, and managing volume & playlists.

post-281283-0-37025300-1476389622_thumb.jpg

post-281283-0-72210900-1476389626_thumb.jpg

post-281283-0-19894300-1476389633_thumb.jpg

Edited by vancouverpetunia

Hey Guys! 

I hope everyone is doing well :) So time has passed and it looks like we are about ready to finally book our date. We had to change our date (which we are currently waiting for the new prices to be sent to us). For my past brides how did the process of paying the deposit go? In one of the first emails i received from Anel she attached the credit card authorization form and I will admit I had a hard time understanding some of the lines. It makes me nervous putting all of my information on the form and sending it. I assume that that is the only way to get it to here so I will get over the nervousness. Did anyone have any troubles when it came to the deposit?

@@AmandaU

I did not rent the bridal suite, but I was sent photos by the spa, which I will post. Myself and 2 BMs had our hair & makeup done at the spa - it was a bit crowded when there was another bridal party of 3 in it. You might want to consider it if you have a large group. 

Energy drinks definitely aren't in the room fridges. You might be able to get at the bars - I think my husband ordered the occasional red bull (although they may have carried a different brand, even a no name Mexican brand possibly, if you are picky about what kind). They do have a store that probably carried them as well, but that would cost you money and the store was not cheap.

@@wvupharmer13

We rented a speaker from a local vendor, who unfortunately is not renting at Now Sapphire any longer. But you could bring your own speaker. We had something like this. It included a microphone. It was great for our needs (group of 40). We used it with an iPhone and the Wedding DJ app. 

We had our MC (my brother-in-law) announce things like speeches, etc. using the microphone. We had another friend who helped to transition between speaking & music, and managing volume & playlists.

Those photos you attached are of the bridal suite?? It looks very nice!