Now Sapphire Weddings Formerly Paradisus Riviera

• Please log in to reply
2808 replies to this topic

#821 melnryluvco

melnryluvco
  • 340 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by DinaQtobe 

Just so I understand, the resort DJ is $350/hour, but to rent speaker system for an iPod is $150/hour.  To get an outside DJ is a vendor fee of $300.  This is insane. :(

We're brining down a portable Bose system. It was $299 at Target but at least we get to keep it when we're back home and it's a fraction of the cost of renting their stupid sound system!!!

#822 melnryluvco

melnryluvco
    • 340 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by AmyG 

Hi melnryluvco,

If your ceremony and everything else is on the beach terrace, your sound system just may work...But if you have anything on the beach you may want to ask the resort what they think only because the ocean can get pretty noisy.  Our ceremony was on the beach and all I know is that they set up speakers that faced out to the ocean and the music was def. loud enough over the ocean noise.  We also used a microphone for the vowels and the officiant, so you may want to ask the resort if you can still get the microphone even if you dont rent their sound system.  The sound system is $150/hr....I am not aware of it being $350/hr. 

Below is my reception table set up...you can see the votive/tea light holders.  That centerpiece came with the package.

I was mistaken when I said $350...I was looking at something else all together on the budget sheet. I have another bride in my area and we're both on the same train of thought in bringing down the Bose so she's going to let me know how her ceremony goes. Your reception was beautiful! I loooove the colors. Thanks for sharing.

#823 Mya062813

Mya062813
      • 61 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:57 PM

Hello Everyone!

My fiance & I are booked for June 28, 2013!  We are excited but I am also getting very nervous as we are going into this sight unseen:-)  We were looking at the Divine package as it includes the most & we are trying to keep costs down.  However I am not 100% sure what type of ceremony, cocktail hour & reception setup is included.  I see many of you posting comments about bringing in centerpieces, renting linen, hiring photographers, florists & hair & makeup artisits.  We were under the impression that most if not all of this was included.  Can someone help ease some of my stress???

#824 zeman321

zeman321
        • 280 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:37 AM

Hi all, I am new to this site. (Well, I have to admit that I have been a silent stalker for a while...) My daughter just got engaged and wants to get married at Now Sapphire. She and I visited the resort last summer and loved it!  I would like some opnions on an idea that we have been thinking about for a while. Please be honest with your opinions! Instead of doing OOT bags, we are thinking of making up bags or boxes to send to guests a couple of weeks before the wedding. We would include luggage tags, bug spray...all the normal stuff along with a couple of bottles of Corona or small bottles of tequila and a note telling them how excited we are that they are going to be there to share her big day. What do you think?

#825 nels519

nels519
          • 6 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:07 AM

Hey ladies,

I just got married at the NOW on January 5! I wanted to give you all a review of what I thought since I hired all outside vendors. However, the site wouldn't let me post it on this thread - I had to post it under the reviews. So, here is the link to my review http://www.bestdesti...riviera-cancun. I hope this helps. I will periodically check this forum & the review for any of you that may have questions. Happy planning :)

#826 Lyman

Lyman
            • 262 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:43 AM

Excellent review, nels519 - and one I'm sure will help a lot of brides with their choices + decisions.......so THX for sharing, and have a wonderful journey ahead filled with great times.........Enjoy :)

#827 DinaQtobe

DinaQtobe
              • 450 posts
              • Wedding Date:November 21, 2013
              • Wedding Location:Now Sapphire

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by zeman321 

Hi all, I am new to this site. (Well, I have to admit that I have been a silent stalker for a while...) My daughter just got engaged and wants to get married at Now Sapphire. She and I visited the resort last summer and loved it!  I would like some opnions on an idea that we have been thinking about for a while. Please be honest with your opinions! Instead of doing OOT bags, we are thinking of making up bags or boxes to send to guests a couple of weeks before the wedding. We would include luggage tags, bug spray...all the normal stuff along with a couple of bottles of Corona or small bottles of tequila and a note telling them how excited we are that they are going to be there to share her big day. What do you think?

I think that is such a cool idea!  I also want to do luggage tags.  I think that it would be such a nice surprise to receive that in the mail.  Hopefully it doesn't cost too much in postage!

#828 zeman321

zeman321
              • 280 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:41 AM

We just don't want to have to lug all that stuff down to Mexico! LOL! But I think it would get our guests excited to go!

#829 Moments That Matter

Moments That Matter

Diamond Vendor

• Insiders
                • 3,074 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:31 AM

I saw another bride suggest the idea of giving her guests their OOT bags at the airport before departure........guess everyone would need to be leaving together to do it that way, however - what a great idea....... now let's get This Party STARTed! hehe

team MTM asst, Lynda :)

MTM%20Logo%202016_zps4tzm05my.png

Moments That Matter Photography , Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Canadian Award Winning Photojournalist serving the Riviera Maya

Email: contact@momentsthatmatterphotography.com

Why we're Ranked #1 ~ Scoop on what we do:  MTM Reviews

Meet Lincoln & Team MTM: "Meet Lincoln" Video + see his Passion!!!

We Offer: 100% Vendor Fee Discount
                                      100% Deposit Guarantee

100% Satisfaction Guarantee

#830 craftygal

craftygal
                  • 17 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:49 AM

Thank you so much for your review nels519. I was wondering if you minded sharing your florist contact info? I've been trying to contact a couple with no success. It's so exciting to hear that it went well. Under a month for me before we leave, woo hoo!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users