Now Sapphire Weddings Formerly Paradisus Riviera

Originally Posted by Noxx View Post

Im thinking of getting a vail any brides suggest having one or did you find it too windy? 

I just change our reception time to 6 at night do you think this is a good choice?

Also i got the devine package did anyone get the sax or the guitarist?

Hi Noxx!!

I am getting married at the Now Saphhire one day after you! When I picture my wedding, I don't see myself in a veil... I also tried a couple on and I didn't like them.  I have been to a couple destinations weddings and both brides did not wear a veil.  You can always buy a veil and then decide if you want to wear it the day of the wedding, depending on the wind levels, etc.....

Right now I am thinking about wedding times as well. I think 6 pm is a good time if you want sun set pictures( the sun will set just before 8 pm). Let me know what you decide to do!! :)

I am debating between the eternal and devine package.... not sure if I want all the little extras the divine package includes right yet.

Question for you.... are you doing a legal or symbolic ceramony?? and where do you think you want to hold the wedding? on the beach?

Originally Posted by LTLFAITHY View Post

Thanks for sharing!! Definitely brought a tear to my eye.

And I LOVE the mini-sombreros some of the guys were wearing at the wedding ~ hysterical!! 

Brought some tears to my eyes as well!! you and your wife look beautiful together!

Hello to all!

I spent a lot of time yesterday reviewing previous posts and I am SO HAPPY that a site like this exists with wonderful people to communicate with!!

I'm getting married on April 9, 2013 and can't wait! 

Cheers to Spring 2013 NOW Sapphire brides :)

Originally Posted by kail View Post

Hi Noxx!!

I am getting married at the Now Saphhire one day after you! When I picture my wedding, I don't see myself in a veil... I also tried a couple on and I didn't like them.  I have been to a couple destinations weddings and both brides did not wear a veil.  You can always buy a veil and then decide if you want to wear it the day of the wedding, depending on the wind levels, etc.....

Right now I am thinking about wedding times as well. I think 6 pm is a good time if you want sun set pictures( the sun will set just before 8 pm). Let me know what you decide to do!! :)

I am debating between the eternal and devine package.... not sure if I want all the little extras the divine package includes right yet.

Question for you.... are you doing a legal or symbolic ceramony?? and where do you think you want to hold the wedding? on the beach?

Hi Kail,

I have decided to stay with the 6 pm ceremony time. That way i still get to tan in the morning :) and it will be a little cooler for everyone during the ceremony.

I have the tequila terrace booked for our reception and cocktail hour. We are getting married on the beach. Im also hoping that 6 most people will be off the beach and getting ready for dinner. 

I decided to go with the Devine package, mind you there really isnt much of a difference.  

the devine just has the soloist and the chair covers and isle runner. I believe it also comes with 2 corsages and 2 boutiniers.

we are going to have a symbolic ceremony my fiance isnt happy able having to pay $250 more and have a blood test down there. So we are just going to city hall just him and I and getting married but our real wedding will be in Mexico with everyone.  

I agree with the veil i think i may just can the idea. I have tried on a few and didnt make me more of a bride so i dont think i will miss it. 

Have you booked a photographer yet?

Originally Posted by jzutz002 View Post

We are getting married there April 16, 2013 - what have other people done with respect to a DJ?  Generally how many hours did you book ine for, and did you bring yoru own music?

Congrats! 

I am not booking a Dj although i have heard wonderful things he is very expensive. $350 per hour and a vending fee of $300. 

You can rent the sound system for $150 an hour and play your ipod. Thats what we have decided to do. I believe we are only allowed 3 hours for our reception but could be wrong. 

Originally Posted by Noxx View Post

Congrats! 

I am not booking a Dj although i have heard wonderful things he is very expensive. $350 per hour and a vending fee of $300. 

You can rent the sound system for $150 an hour and play your ipod. Thats what we have decided to do. I believe we are only allowed 3 hours for our reception but could be wrong. 

We are doing the same thing :) There is a pretty cool app for iPhones/iPads, etc. called My Wedding DJ that helps you organize your music for the ceremony, reception, first dance, etc. Here is the link: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/my-weddingdj/id383243064?mt=8

Hi Ladies,

I get married 18th March and so will give you all my feedback before your April weddings!

Few questions......I was thinking to not have the DJ and just move onto the club within the hotel after (there will only be 20 of us) do you think this would work?

Has anyone looked into videography? I recieved a good quote from Visual Media Productions but can only see two video's of his work for weddings and so wondered if anyone had any recommendations?

I wanted to wear my hair down but looking at other pictures and video's I think it is going to be very windy and hot (my ceremony is at 4pm) and so thinking it might not be the best thing....suggestions?

Thanks

Originally Posted by hayleymarch13 View Post

Hi Ladies,

I get married 18th March and so will give you all my feedback before your April weddings!

Few questions......I was thinking to not have the DJ and just move onto the club within the hotel after (there will only be 20 of us) do you think this would work?

Has anyone looked into videography? I recieved a good quote from Visual Media Productions but can only see two video's of his work for weddings and so wondered if anyone had any recommendations?

I wanted to wear my hair down but looking at other pictures and video's I think it is going to be very windy and hot (my ceremony is at 4pm) and so thinking it might not be the best thing....suggestions?

Thanks

I think i am going to go with the half up and half down look.  that way hopefully my hair will stay a little out of my face. 

i believe the devine package has a 30 min video included so i havent looked into a videoographer