Hi Teresa23, see my comments below.... :-)
Originally Posted by Teresa23
This website and all of you have been so helpful as I plan for my June 2, 2012 wedding at NOW Sapphire. (I can't believe it is so close!) I plan to write a complete post, from planning to the big day, once we return.
In the meantime, I have a few unanswered questions. I'd appreciate any insight any of you have to offer:
1. Are the slats on the Tequila Terrace so large that heels will actually fall in? I noticed that some past brides were planning to wear flats but if I wear heels am I really risking it? Since my event was not on the Tequila Terrace I am not sure. BUT I did dine on this deck for dinner one night....with heels on....and I was not comfortable falling through the slats. :-/
I would definitely recommend you warn your guests about this.
2. Is there an overhang on the Tequila Terrace? I have a bunch of paper lanterns that I want to hang. Sorry I didn't take notice since my event was not in this location.
3. Did they charge you for EVERY little detail? We are bringing our own bows (we got them for just $.59 each!), table runners, centerpieces, paper lanterns, candles, etc. Will they charge us to put all of this out? I brought my own centerpieces and decorations and they did not charge me at all for the set up. I did not bring down chair bows so I am not sure about them.
4. We'd like to get our stuff back. Did any of you bring your own things (like centerpieces, candles, etc.) and if so, were they returned to you? They took all of my decorations down after my event and I picked them up from the wedding department office the next day with no problems.
5. I noticed that some brides at NOW Jade provided their wedding planner with a "map" of how they'd like the area laid out. Did any of you do this? Was it necessary? If you didn't do this do you feel like the wedding team at NOW Sapphire was able to "see your vision" for your day? During my meeting and walk through of the locations I told Ramon how I preferred the set up and he took notes and executed it perfectly.
6. Some past Tequila Terrace brides have mentioned that wedding parties and guests from the Beach Terrace cut through their area. Is there a way to prevent this from happening? I know there is another wedding on June 2. I am not really sure how this could happen since there is no reason for those on the Beach Terrace to walk over to the Tequila Terrace, there is nothing over there for them to go to. The Tequila Terrace is off of the buffet restaurant.
I was a Beach Terrace bride and we never even glanced over to the event on the Tequila Terrace. The only time we came in contact with them was in the lobby and night club after both parties ended. I would not worry about this at all.
7. What do you WISH you'd done that you overlooked or didn't even know was an option? This is a tough question because I was so happy with my whole event. I had a few minor hiccups but it didn't effect the overall experience. If I had to say something it would be that I wish I had opted for a longer video. We absolutely loved the video that came with our package but it only featured us getting ready and the ceremony. When we watch the video now it really brings us back to those special moments. Some of my guests took some very 'priceless' video footage of the reception and after party that will keep us laughing for years so it would have been nice to get a lot more footage of that. Other than that I would not have changed a thing! :-))))