Jump to content

Photo

Now Sapphire Weddings Formerly Paradisus Riviera


  • Please log in to reply
2806 replies to this topic

#31 magirl

magirl
  • Jr. Member
  • 198 posts

    Posted 18 August 2011 - 12:14 PM

    We are also using johnathon from la luna! I can't wait!

     



    #32 joda

    joda
    • Jr. Member
    • 205 posts

      Posted 18 August 2011 - 12:29 PM

      That's awesome, I really love his work. When is your wedding? I'm wondering if I get to snoop at your photos before my wedding rolls around!
       

      Originally Posted by magirl 

      We are also using johnathon from la luna! I can't wait!

       



       



      #33 Llkrik1010

      Llkrik1010
      • Site Supporter
      • 23 posts

        Posted 20 August 2011 - 07:23 PM

        Hi Everyone,

        I am new to this forum so I am still trying to figure everything out.  I am getting married at the Now Sapphire on June 30, 2012!!  I had some difficulty at first booking the resort, but eventually got it all figured out.  Ramon is my WC, anyone have him?  He has been good with responding and answering questions.

         

        I also am going with La Luna Photography and am trying to decide between Jonathan and Melissa.  Anyone ever use either?

         

        I have actually been to the resort (early June of this year) and thought I might be able to help some brides who have not been there.  My FI and I fell in love with it and despite hours of research, no other resort could compare to NOW for looks and price!  I am going to try and post some actual pics too further below, so you all can see real photos.  I am not a photographer though : )

         

        The resort is just as beautiful as the pics so you can rest easily!  There is a seaweed problem on the beach and especially in the ocean, but it may have just been from a pending storm.  They do have machines to wash it off the beach. I have to say that the staff was amazing.  They were extremely helpful, although we did tip slightly.  We did a private dinner on the beach (which is similar to the wedding food) and the food was excellent.  The restaurants are pretty good too for all inclusive.  I am not a fan of buffet, but even that was pretty good when we ate it.  We did preferred club and really enjoyed the perks, although I am not sure you have to.  We were able to reserve front row beach cabanas, although it never seemed to be a problem while we were there.  It was not very crowded, yet it was before schools were out.  I heard the pool was an issue reserving seats if you were not preferred club, but we can sit by a pool where we live so we only jumped in and went back to the beach.  Our room's view was phenomenol!.  We were only there for a few days so we did not do any excursions, but there were many options.  They had all sorts of vendors come to the resort one of the nights and we bought beautiful hand painted pictures for very little money!  All in all the resort was great.  Feel free to ask any specific questions!

         

        I would also like to add that while we were there we saw a wedding and it was beautiful!  I wish I had my camera on me to take pics!. Unfortunately a freak storm rained on the bride as she came out, but it did look beautiful before and the resort did a great job!  Of course, the rain stopped about 10 minutes after the ceremony!  

         

        Here are some pics:

        078.JPG

        View from our balcony.  Ocean front preferred club.

         

        IMG_0198.JPG

         

        129.JPG

        Our private dinner.  You can see the seaweed before it is cleared off.  Still beautiful beach!

         

        101.JPG

        Main pool with gazebo.

         

        108.JPG

        View from lunch restaurant.  You could also eat here for breakfast with Preferred club, which we enjoyed! 

         

        I have a ton more pictures, so if you want to see more, just let me know!  Enjoy!  
        Lauren



        #34 ps31

        ps31
        • Newbie
        • 54 posts

          Posted 22 August 2011 - 12:47 AM

          Lauren-

          Welcome to this thread, you'll love it.  It's a great group of people and I love hearing from others in my same situation:)  These are great pictures, thanks for sharing!  I can say that any pictures of the place is appreciated since I've never been and won't be there until my wedding.  Also the good review(s) is nice to hear.  I have not heard of Ramon, but there has been some changes there recently.  I'm glad he has been good with communication!

           



          #35 jsal4

          jsal4
          • Newbie
          • 87 posts

            Posted 22 August 2011 - 10:14 AM

            We are very excited to check everything out this October. Congrats to you! I think October will be perfect weather for our weddings!
             

            Originally Posted by Moderncosmo1 



            Can't wait to hear how your trip went. I'm getting married 10/13/12 :)


             


            "Where there is love, there is life."


            #36 Llkrik1010

            Llkrik1010
            • Site Supporter
            • 23 posts

              Posted 23 August 2011 - 08:09 AM


              Thanks for the welcome!  I think you are going to love the resort!  It really is so pretty!  Here are some more pics, so you can see the resort even more:

               



              Lauren-

              Welcome to this thread, you'll love it.  It's a great group of people and I love hearing from others in my same situation:)  These are great pictures, thanks for sharing!  I can say that any pictures of the place is appreciated since I've never been and won't be there until my wedding.  Also the good review(s) is nice to hear.  I have not heard of Ramon, but there has been some changes there recently.  I'm glad he has been good with communication!

               


              Let me know if anyone has any other questions.

              Lauren

               



              #37 AmyG

              AmyG
              • Jr. Member
              • 189 posts

                Posted 23 August 2011 - 09:07 AM

                Llkrik1010,  Thank you so much for sharing the pics and a review of your visit.  It helps put me at ease since I have not been to the resort.  Good luck in your planning and welcome to this awesome forum!!!

                 

                Originally Posted by Llkrik1010 

                Hi Everyone,

                I am new to this forum so I am still trying to figure everything out.  I am getting married at the Now Sapphire on June 30, 2012!!  I had some difficulty at first booking the resort, but eventually got it all figured out.  Ramon is my WC, anyone have him?  He has been good with responding and answering questions.

                 

                I also am going with La Luna Photography and am trying to decide between Jonathan and Melissa.  Anyone ever use either?

                 

                I have actually been to the resort (early June of this year) and thought I might be able to help some brides who have not been there.  My FI and I fell in love with it and despite hours of research, no other resort could compare to NOW for looks and price!  I am going to try and post some actual pics too further below, so you all can see real photos.  I am not a photographer though : )

                 

                The resort is just as beautiful as the pics so you can rest easily!  There is a seaweed problem on the beach and especially in the ocean, but it may have just been from a pending storm.  They do have machines to wash it off the beach. I have to say that the staff was amazing.  They were extremely helpful, although we did tip slightly.  We did a private dinner on the beach (which is similar to the wedding food) and the food was excellent.  The restaurants are pretty good too for all inclusive.  I am not a fan of buffet, but even that was pretty good when we ate it.  We did preferred club and really enjoyed the perks, although I am not sure you have to.  We were able to reserve front row beach cabanas, although it never seemed to be a problem while we were there.  It was not very crowded, yet it was before schools were out.  I heard the pool was an issue reserving seats if you were not preferred club, but we can sit by a pool where we live so we only jumped in and went back to the beach.  Our room's view was phenomenol!.  We were only there for a few days so we did not do any excursions, but there were many options.  They had all sorts of vendors come to the resort one of the nights and we bought beautiful hand painted pictures for very little money!  All in all the resort was great.  Feel free to ask any specific questions!

                 

                I would also like to add that while we were there we saw a wedding and it was beautiful!  I wish I had my camera on me to take pics!. Unfortunately a freak storm rained on the bride as she came out, but it did look beautiful before and the resort did a great job!  Of course, the rain stopped about 10 minutes after the ceremony!  

                 

                Here are some pics:

                078.JPG

                View from our balcony.  Ocean front preferred club.

                 

                IMG_0198.JPG

                 

                129.JPG

                Our private dinner.  You can see the seaweed before it is cleared off.  Still beautiful beach!

                 

                101.JPG

                Main pool with gazebo.

                 

                108.JPG

                View from lunch restaurant.  You could also eat here for breakfast with Preferred club, which we enjoyed! 

                 

                I have a ton more pictures, so if you want to see more, just let me know!  Enjoy!  
                Lauren



                 



                #38 Vanessa56

                Vanessa56
                • Newbie
                • 72 posts

                  Posted 23 August 2011 - 09:11 AM

                  Lauren,

                   

                  Thanks so much for the information and pictures! Like the others, it puts me at ease about the resort.  I have never been there and will not see the resort until 2 days before the wedding.  I did some research online, and I could not find another resort that beat the value that NOW Sapphire provides.

                   



                  #39 MrsJohns2be

                  MrsJohns2be
                  • Newbie
                  • 17 posts

                    Posted 24 August 2011 - 11:02 AM

                    hello Ladies!!!

                    I hope all the wedding planning is going great and fun :) I finally came across this thread and so happy I did. I have been searching for reviews on the Sapphire and could not find any. Thanks for all the comments, they have been truly helpful. I was hoping someone could send me contact (email) info for either Olivia Rodriguez or Anel Torres. I have been working with Ramon, though he has been very helpful and thorough with his responses, it seems to take a while to hear back from him (it has been 3 weeks, I emailed him multiple times and still have not heard back yet). I am trying to book my wedding date for 5/28/12 as soon as possible since I do not have much time left for the STDs etc. The Royal has been very quick to respond so I may have to choose that resort. I wanted to give the Sapphire one last shot since some of you mentioned working with Olivia and Anel. Also anyone have opinions on The Sapphire Vs The Royal (which is better and why) ... Thanks Everyone!!!!!



                    #40 lianee

                    lianee
                    • Newbie
                    • 86 posts

                      Posted 24 August 2011 - 12:45 PM

                      Olivia is very good about getting the wedding coordinators to contact you.  Her email is sales10.nosrc@nowresorts.com and she's the employee behind the Now Sapphire facebook page.  I've found her to be excellent to deal with and very quick to respond.

                       

                      Originally Posted by MrsJohns2be 

                      hello Ladies!!!

                      I hope all the wedding planning is going great and fun :) I finally came across this thread and so happy I did. I have been searching for reviews on the Sapphire and could not find any. Thanks for all the comments, they have been truly helpful. I was hoping someone could send me contact (email) info for either Olivia Rodriguez or Anel Torres. I have been working with Ramon, though he has been very helpful and thorough with his responses, it seems to take a while to hear back from him (it has been 3 weeks, I emailed him multiple times and still have not heard back yet). I am trying to book my wedding date for 5/28/12 as soon as possible since I do not have much time left for the STDs etc. The Royal has been very quick to respond so I may have to choose that resort. I wanted to give the Sapphire one last shot since some of you mentioned working with Olivia and Anel. Also anyone have opinions on The Sapphire Vs The Royal (which is better and why) ... Thanks Everyone!!!!!



                       






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users