2806 replies to this topic

#2471 kyoung090

kyoung090
  • 17 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 18, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Now Sapphire
  • LocationBoise, Idaho

Posted 27 February 2015 - 11:14 AM

@CurlyKristen did it cost to do you trial for your  hair? i posted this earlier but i did not tag your name correctly, sorry for the repeat!

#2472 atsterling

atsterling
  • 2 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 3, 2015

Posted 28 February 2015 - 03:01 AM

@Rose4789 No I never got a budget sheet from anyone :(

#2473 JaxBchKay

JaxBchKay
  • Site Supporter
  • 103 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 24, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Now Sapphire, Mexico
  • LocationJacksonville Beach, Florida

Posted 02 March 2015 - 08:53 AM

@atsterling and @Kait2015 - sorry I haven't been on in a while and just saw your requests.  I have emailed you both the budget sheet I made.  Hope it helps!

@Rose4789, send me your email address and I will send it to you as well, just keep in mind that they will change prices most likely before your wedding and you will have to pay the new price.  A lot of us found that out late in the game. 

#2474 erobin223

erobin223
  • 18 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 16, 2015
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 03 March 2015 - 08:46 AM

Did anyone bring their own music for the wedding prelude and processional? If so how long of a song do I need for 3 bridesmaids and groomsmen to walk from the Tequila Terrace to the Beach?

#2475 DinaQtobe

DinaQtobe
  • 450 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 21, 2013

Posted 04 March 2015 - 05:04 PM

Did anyone bring their own music for the wedding prelude and processional? If so how long of a song do I need for 3 bridesmaids and groomsmen to walk from the Tequila Terrace to the Beach?

We brought our own music.  I would say 2 minutes would be more than enough.  They walk across the terrace (maybe 30 feet), down the stairs, and then to the ceremony site another 20 feet away.  The wedding coordinator made sure that the music started and faded out appropriately, so if the song is longer don't stress! ;) :)

Edited by DinaQtobe, 04 March 2015 - 05:05 PM.

#2476 CurlyKristen

CurlyKristen
  • 209 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 31, 2015
  • LocationPuerto Morelos, Mexico

Posted 05 March 2015 - 04:55 AM

@kyoung090 Yes they do charge you for trail hair and makeup at the day spa. But we had a dinner the night before the wedding so all the guests could meet each other and I just took down my updo and made my makeup look different that she did for my trail so I feel like I still got my money's worth. Oh and the trail took only like 2 hours but the actual day of my wedding it took 3 hours, so make sure to give yourself enough time for hair and makeup. Let me know if you have any other questions! Happy planning! 

@Breanna2015 There were a few of us that got lots of bites but then most of my guests were bite free :) The mosquitos in January were not too noticeable. My advice is to not sit in the grass! 

#2477 DinaQtobe

DinaQtobe
  • 450 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 21, 2013

Posted 05 March 2015 - 06:04 PM

For any future brides considering Now Sapphire, I saw this on Pinterest today: 

Save your date up to a year in advance and receive a FREE cocktail party for up to 50 guests!

http://www.nowresort.../save-your-date

#2478 JaxBchKay

JaxBchKay
  • Site Supporter
  • 103 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 24, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Now Sapphire, Mexico
  • LocationJacksonville Beach, Florida

Posted 06 March 2015 - 06:49 AM

Well, my wedding is next month and it's time to really make some decisions.  I have been on the fence about both a videographer and a DJ.  I would really like to have both, but financially I'm not sure I can swing it.

So Quick Poll - If you could only have one, either a DJ or  Videographer, which would it be?

#2479 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
  • 4,505 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 06 March 2015 - 05:38 PM

Well, my wedding is next month and it's time to really make some decisions. I have been on the fence about both a videographer and a DJ. I would really like to have both, but financially I'm not sure I can swing it.

So Quick Poll - If you could only have one, either a DJ or Videographer, which would it be?

DJ. Cause you could ask a friend to tape your ceremony?!? :) my bridesmaid's husband did it without asking. Never even thought to ask someone so was a nice surprise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

#2480 mcsiegel

mcsiegel
  • 2 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 20, 2015
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 07 March 2015 - 12:46 PM

Spent the last 24 hours reading this entire thread. Lots of helpful information on here. I think I'm the only non-bride on here, but my fiancé isn't really much of a planner so I'm making all the wedding arrangements. One thing I wanted to mention is that the Cancun area actually changed its time zone recently, in order for people to have more daylight. So for example, sunset on May 20th, when we're getting married, sunset was scheduled for 7:20. But due to the change sunset will actually be at 8:20. Figured I'd pass along the info, as we're still going to have the ceremony at 6, though if sunset was a factor in scheduling it's understandable that some may want to adjust their schedule. I'm sure we'll have more questions as we get closer to our wedding date. Just wanted to say thanks and pass along that bit of info.

Spent the last 24 hours reading this entire thread. Lots of helpful information on here. I think I'm the only non-bride on here, but my fiancé isn't really much of a planner so I'm making all the wedding arrangements. One thing I wanted to mention is that the Cancun area actually changed its time zone recently, in order for people to have more daylight. So for example, sunset on May 20th, when we're getting married, sunset was scheduled for 7:20. But due to the change sunset will actually be at 8:20. Figured I'd pass along the info, as we're still going to have the ceremony at 6, though if sunset was a factor in scheduling it's understandable that some may want to adjust their schedule. I'm sure we'll have more questions as we get closer to our wedding date. Just wanted to say thanks and pass along that bit of info.

Lol.... The default bride icon is funny. Apparently the expectation is that women do all the planning and guys just show up. Must be nice!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users