2806 replies to this topic

#2341 jeffandrobyn

jeffandrobyn
  • 227 posts
  • Wedding Date:July 12, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Now Sapphire

Posted 15 December 2014 - 11:53 AM

@kyoung090

did someone at the resort tell you the preferred pool is an option? I was just there in July and the choices were some indoor spaces, a garden off the indoor space, the pool terrace or the tequilla terrace. 

#2342 KRP87

KRP87
  • 36 posts
  • Wedding Date:July 29, 2015

Posted 15 December 2014 - 12:46 PM

Has anyone had their cocktail  hour/ reception at the preferred pool? Getting married in May and would like to know thoughts about it. I believe its something newer that they have offered and so there are not a ton of pictures or info. Thanks!

I would like it please! my email is katiehelenyoung1@hotmail.com

Sent! :)

#2343 DinaQtobe

DinaQtobe
  • 450 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 21, 2013

Posted 15 December 2014 - 05:00 PM

Has anyone had their cocktail  hour/ reception at the preferred pool? Getting married in May and would like to know thoughts about it. I believe its something newer that they have offered and so there are not a ton of pictures or info. Thanks!

I would like it please! my email is katiehelenyoung1@hotmail.com

The Preferred pool would be a super nice location to have a cocktail hour or reception.  It is very private from the rest of the resort and really pretty!  I don't have many pictures of it, but after being there I know it would be great.

#2344 KRP87

KRP87
  • 36 posts
  • Wedding Date:July 29, 2015

Posted 15 December 2014 - 06:45 PM

Does anyone know if the white aisle runner is included in the free package? And if not, does anyone know the cost?  I don't see it on the al-a-carte menu. Also, does anyone know about sound for the ceremony? I would like to have some sort of music playing either from ipod or something.  Will they do this?

#2345 jeffandrobyn

jeffandrobyn
  • 227 posts
  • Wedding Date:July 12, 2015

Posted 16 December 2014 - 07:34 AM

@KRP87

The aisle runner is $100 and material for the canopy is $200. 

#2346 BrideToBeJolie

BrideToBeJolie
  • 161 posts
  • Wedding Date:February 7, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Now Sapphire, Riviera Cancun

Posted 17 December 2014 - 08:35 AM

I did all my research on the DJ and went with DJ Movil over DJ Mannia about $200 cheaper. A cost savings of about $400 even with the outside vendor fee of $300.

I am using outside florist I never heard from Ramon in regards to not being able to meet at the gate so I am going to do it. I will go off the resort if I have to, the flowers from the resort are EXPENSIVE! I do have a lot of centerpieces and bridesmaids bouquets though. I can let you know how the exchange goes between my florist and us next month. 

Hi!  Agreed; the resort floral prices are out of this world!  Which florist are you using?

#2347 kyoung090

kyoung090
  • 17 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 18, 2015
  • LocationBoise, Idaho

Posted 17 December 2014 - 10:33 AM

@jeffandrobyn yes its actually in the wedding book 2015 I received from Anel, under the reception subtitle. Theres no description under it, that it has a max of 60 people.  I think I have a few pictures  but like i mentioned i think its newer and not too many event photos are available. 

@jeffandrobyn We wanted the tequila terrace but it was booked for that time by the time we finally were able to talk to them about booking it. 

#2348 kyoung090

kyoung090
  • 17 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 18, 2015
  • LocationBoise, Idaho

Posted 17 December 2014 - 12:01 PM

@DinaQtobe Do you recall how it looked in the evening out there at the preferred pool? Was there a fair amount of lighting out there or do you think I need to consider figuring out some lighting? We hired a DJ so I'm sure that will help.

#2349 Breanna2015

Breanna2015
  • 26 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 24, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Now Sapphire Riviera Maya
  • LocationBoston,MA

Posted 17 December 2014 - 12:06 PM

@DinaQtobe Do you recall how it looked in the evening out there at the preferred pool? Was there a fair amount of lighting out there or do you think I need to consider figuring out some lighting? We hired a DJ so I'm sure that will help.

I'm not positive so you might want to check to be sure, but I was told by Ramon if I had my reception at the preferred pool I wouldn't be allowed to have a DJ at that location. Maybe just email your wedding coordinator to make sure they will allow that for you.

#2350 DinaQtobe

DinaQtobe
  • 450 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 21, 2013

Posted 17 December 2014 - 08:27 PM

I can't say that I was ever there in the evening.  I see you are getting married in May.  What time does the sun set?  You might not need as much light as you think (in November the sun set at 4:30 and there was more than enough light provided to us (no cost) on the tequila terrace.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users