• Please log in to reply
2808 replies to this topic

#2161 jh0510038

jh0510038
  • 60 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 24, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Now Sapphire Riviera Maya, Mexico

Posted 14 August 2014 - 06:25 AM

I had Ramon and he was amazing.  You will be happy with any of the coordinators.

Was he hard to communicate with before hand? like not responding to a email for a week. 

#2162 KathyandEthan

KathyandEthan
  • 170 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 18, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Now Sapphire
  • LocationCancun Mexico

Posted 14 August 2014 - 09:59 AM

Has anyone looked into or did a catamaran booze cruise? We are thinking of doing one instead of a traditional rehearsal dinner and didn't know if anyone had any input on it. 

Thanks for any help! 

#2163 JaxBchKay

JaxBchKay
  • Site Supporter
  • 103 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 24, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Now Sapphire, Mexico
  • LocationJacksonville Beach, Florida

Posted 15 August 2014 - 05:16 AM

Are you ladies doing menu cards?  I am trying to decide on that now while I am picking all our paper products to make sure they are cohesive.  I love the idea of individual menu cards, but I guess they technically aren't necessary and might be difficult since some of the descriptions in the wedding book are pretty vague......Just wondered how you ladies decided to handle it?  :)

#2164 MandD2015

MandD2015
  • Site Supporter
  • 5 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 15 August 2014 - 05:42 AM

I am not doing menu cards, because I think I am going with a buffet instead of a plated dinner, but I do love the look of menu cards on place settings! Has anyone else on here done a buffet for the reception instead a plated meal?  If so which one did you chose?

How many outside vendors are you all using if any?  I know for sure I am going with an outside photographer, I actually booked Octavio Montes, after doing a lot of research. His work is really great and his prices were very reasonable for the quality of pictures he takes! 

#2165 jh0510038

jh0510038
  • 60 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 05:54 AM

How many outside vendors are you all using if any?  I know for sure I am going with an outside photographer, I actually booked Octavio Montes, after doing a lot of research. His work is really great and his prices were very reasonable for the quality of pictures he takes! 

I have a photographer coming with us, which we paid for her trip. I have booked DJ Movil as an outside vendor. Now I am onto looking for an outside florist. I have been in contact with Floreria Riviera. Bridesmaid bouquets are $50 compared to $65. Centerpieces $85 compared to $85-$250.

As anyone else used a florist they would recommend? 

#2166 jeffandrobyn

jeffandrobyn
  • 227 posts
  • Wedding Date:July 12, 2015

Posted 15 August 2014 - 05:58 AM

@JaxBchKay

I wasn't planning on menu cards. My understanding from Anel is that guests need to make their dinner selection before they arrive on-site.

@tcaurie07 We are doing the Divine package and I was told that extra people are $129/each. This includes extra chair set-up, dinner, bar service, extra cake, extra champagne, etc. etc.

#2167 jh0510038

jh0510038
  • 60 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 06:37 AM

@JaxBchKay

I wasn't planning on menu cards. My understanding from Anel is that guests need to make their dinner selection before they arrive on-site.

@tcaurie07 We are doing the Divine package and I was told that extra people are $129/each. This includes extra chair set-up, dinner, bar service, extra cake, extra champagne, etc. etc.

How many people are you having? What are your plans for flowers and how long of a reception are you holding?

#2168 MandD2015

MandD2015
  • Site Supporter
  • 5 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 15 August 2014 - 06:48 AM

We are having approx 65-70 people, I have not finalized my plans for flowers yet, but I am going to use and outside vendor, still getting quotes.  We are planning on extending our reception by 1 hour!

#2169 jh0510038

jh0510038
  • 60 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 06:57 AM

We are having approx 65-70 people, I have not finalized my plans for flowers yet, but I am going to use and outside vendor, still getting quotes.  We are planning on extending our reception by 1 hour!

What florist have you talked to I am looking for more options to get quotes from also. I am having about the same number so I will have to share my experience with you! 

#2170 MandD2015

MandD2015
  • Site Supporter
  • 5 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 15 August 2014 - 07:40 AM

I have contacted Maya Floral and flores riviera maya... I will say that for centerpieces I was picking, Maya Floral was a lot more!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users