Now Sapphire Weddings Formerly Paradisus Riviera

• Please log in to reply
2806 replies to this topic

#191 82turtles

82turtles
  • 297 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 10:58 AM

Hi Traci,

While the resort's wedding package does include a lot (and in my opinion includes a lot more than a number of other resorts for the price), there are still a lot of items that can have additional costs, but it all depends on what you want and how many people you have. For example:

- extra people over 25 will cost extra for the chair, dinner, cocktail hour, cake, and toast (roughly comes out to about $95-100 per person after tax and service).

- decorations: the standard decor is in all white, it will cost extra if you want color chair ties, color linens for dinner, different chairs, table centerpieces, etc

- flowers: your bouquet and his boutonniere are included, plus an extra bout or corsage dep on the wedding package but if you have a larger wedding party (or want smaller bouqets for your bridesmaids) or want flowers for parents this will cost extra
    - music: iPod system is included for the ceremony or the Divine package includes some ceremony music now I heard, but if you want other special music at the ceremony or music at the cocktail hour or reception, that will be extra (can either rent an iPod system which is what we did, or hire a DJ)

- length of reception: there are 3 hours included (more or less 1 hr for dinner, 2 hours for dancing or whatever), but if you want it to go longer there is a change of $10 per person per hour plus tax, which can add up quickly if you have a lot of people and want a long reception

- extras: they can provide you with additional lighting, tikki torches, paper luminaries, lounge furniture, and more, all for a fee of course

Really it all depends on what you're looking for in your wedding! It can be easy to get carried away and spend much more than the package price. The number of people you have there is probably the biggest factor in additional costs, so be sure to factor that in when planning your budget and guest list!

Originally Posted by Traci7642 

Does anyone have a copy of the planning form that they could send me?  

Also, what additional costs did you have outside of the package price?  I'm curious how much additional people are spending and where.  LOL, I've never gotten married before but it seems like the packages are pretty all-inclusive.  I'm assuming though that it's not so cut and dry.  

#192 Moderncosmo1

Moderncosmo1
    • 38 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 01:42 PM

Tracy Some things I'm upgrading is the cocktail furniture which is the white lounge sofas don't quote me but I wanna say $ 200 for 8 seats I'm upgrading my center pieces to premium $ 250 each 4 total I'm going to have 4 tables also goingnto use them for the aisle for ceremony 2 on each side Extra flowers like boutonniere and corsages for moms and dads depends on what level the price Canopy is 350 for draping with different color linens Doing bows on the back chairs only for ceremony 5$ each my dj is for 5 hours with dj doremixx for 800 plus resort fee 300 cuz outside vendor. Party is only 4 hours total 6-7 cocktail 7-10 party. So we have dj til 11 not getting the extra hr for bar and ect.. For guests don't seem like paying $ 10-15 more per person for an hour for drinks when you can just dance and go to club after there's so much you can upgrade but in reality it's on the beach and the setting alone is perfect

#193 Cnicole51911

Cnicole51911
      • Site Supporter
      • 13 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 02:41 PM

Which centerpieces did you decide on?

#194 Cnicole51911

Cnicole51911
        • Site Supporter
        • 13 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 02:43 PM

Sorry...

ModernCosmo1, which centerpieces did you decide on? Did you choose any extra aisle decorations? Also what did you update the canopy with? I didn't receive alot of pictures from Ramon.....

#195 Traci7642

Traci7642
          • Site Supporter
          • 122 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 10:14 AM

Thanks for all of the examples ladies.  Another question, when you purchase the Eternity or Devine package, is liquor included?  Obviously it's included during the cocktail hour but is it included during the dinner/two hour reception, or do you have to purchase it a la carte for those hours?  I can't imagine my friends and family only wanting to drink during the 1-hour cocktail lol.   

#196 82turtles

82turtles
            • 297 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 11:23 AM

Yep, alcohol is definitely included!! They brought us shots ALL night long!

Thanks for all of the examples ladies.  Another question, when you purchase the Eternity or Devine package, is liquor included?  Obviously it's included during the cocktail hour but is it included during the dinner/two hour reception, or do you have to purchase it a la carte for those hours?  I can't imagine my friends and family only wanting to drink during the 1-hour cocktail lol.   

#197 Moderncosmo1

Moderncosmo1
              • 38 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 03:47 PM

Nicole As of now I'm going with premium #2 centerpiece and I think I'm going to put them also on the aisle of ceremony. 2 in front and 2 in back of ceremony aisle and back row of ceremony chairs with sashes not bows If you give me your emaili can email you pics of some canopy draping picture to get ideas.

#198 joda

joda
                • 205 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 05:57 PM

Hi ladies! Haven't been on in awhile, I was not doing much for the wedding until after Christmas when I realized that it was coming up really quick! Now it's only 8 weeks until we leave - eek!

Is anyone else having a small group? We will only be 21, maybe 22. I am just trying to figure out the reception, and for some reason it is stressing me out. I don't know if we should have dancing or not. There will be 5 parents, 4 kids, and then 12ish that are in their 30's and 40's. Should we just do eating, chatting casual, or traditional eating and dancing? Do we just do an iPod and then if people don't seem keen on dancing skip past that type of music? Or hire a DJ so they can hype people up? I just want everyone to have a good time. What are you guys doing?

#199 Moments That Matter

Moments That Matter

Diamond Vendor

• Insiders
                  • 3,074 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 10:04 AM

Hola NOW Sapphire brides! You will love this resort... almost as much as I do working it! haha

It really is a fantastic location to shoot a wedding. Here is a link to my last wedding there: NOW Sapphire 1.jpg

NOW Sapphire 2.jpg

NOW Sapphire 3.jpg

NOW Sapphire 4.jpg

MTM%20Logo%202016_zps4tzm05my.png

Moments That Matter Photography , Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Canadian Award Winning Photojournalist serving the Riviera Maya

Email: contact@momentsthatmatterphotography.com

Why we're Ranked #1 ~ Scoop on what we do:  MTM Reviews

Meet Lincoln & Team MTM: "Meet Lincoln" Video + see his Passion!!!

We Offer: 100% Vendor Fee Discount
                                        100% Deposit Guarantee

100% Satisfaction Guarantee

#200 AmyG

AmyG
                    • 189 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 01:56 PM

Hi Joda,

My wedding is right before yours (March16) and I am also getting a little stressed out too trying to figure out what I am doing, lol.  I am having approx. 26 people, no kids.  I am going to use the dj that the resort uses because a lot of people in my group love to dance. How are your other plans coming along?

Originally Posted by joda 

Hi ladies! Haven't been on in awhile, I was not doing much for the wedding until after Christmas when I realized that it was coming up really quick! Now it's only 8 weeks until we leave - eek!

Is anyone else having a small group? We will only be 21, maybe 22. I am just trying to figure out the reception, and for some reason it is stressing me out. I don't know if we should have dancing or not. There will be 5 parents, 4 kids, and then 12ish that are in their 30's and 40's. Should we just do eating, chatting casual, or traditional eating and dancing? Do we just do an iPod and then if people don't seem keen on dancing skip past that type of music? Or hire a DJ so they can hype people up? I just want everyone to have a good time. What are you guys doing?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users