While the resort's wedding package does include a lot (and in my opinion includes a lot more than a number of other resorts for the price), there are still a lot of items that can have additional costs, but it all depends on what you want and how many people you have. For example:
- extra people over 25 will cost extra for the chair, dinner, cocktail hour, cake, and toast (roughly comes out to about $95-100 per person after tax and service).
- decorations: the standard decor is in all white, it will cost extra if you want color chair ties, color linens for dinner, different chairs, table centerpieces, etc
- flowers: your bouquet and his boutonniere are included, plus an extra bout or corsage dep on the wedding package but if you have a larger wedding party (or want smaller bouqets for your bridesmaids) or want flowers for parents this will cost extra
- music: iPod system is included for the ceremony or the Divine package includes some ceremony music now I heard, but if you want other special music at the ceremony or music at the cocktail hour or reception, that will be extra (can either rent an iPod system which is what we did, or hire a DJ)
- length of reception: there are 3 hours included (more or less 1 hr for dinner, 2 hours for dancing or whatever), but if you want it to go longer there is a change of $10 per person per hour plus tax, which can add up quickly if you have a lot of people and want a long reception
- extras: they can provide you with additional lighting, tikki torches, paper luminaries, lounge furniture, and more, all for a fee of course
Really it all depends on what you're looking for in your wedding! It can be easy to get carried away and spend much more than the package price. The number of people you have there is probably the biggest factor in additional costs, so be sure to factor that in when planning your budget and guest list!
Originally Posted by Traci7642
Does anyone have a copy of the planning form that they could send me?
Also, what additional costs did you have outside of the package price? I'm curious how much additional people are spending and where. LOL, I've never gotten married before but it seems like the packages are pretty all-inclusive. I'm assuming though that it's not so cut and dry.