Jump to content

Photo

Now Sapphire Weddings Formerly Paradisus Riviera


  • Please log in to reply
2806 replies to this topic

#1371 niknic456

niknic456
  • Jr. Member
  • 184 posts

    Posted 01 August 2013 - 06:16 AM

    I'm getting married April 26, 2014 at Now Sapphire! I've noticed the thread is slow but I would assume its b/c all of the summer weddings are underway and those brides are too busy for the newbies, I totally get it!!!!! Just pls come back and post pics. :) I'm struggling with paying for all the extras, is it really worth it??? I've noticed whether you go above and beyond or if you keep it simple by sticking to the package ALL the weddings are beautiful and the guests seem happy as well....I'm so cheap so I don't know if I should do all of the extras like cemterpieces for $250 each....I'd rather use the money to take all my guests on an excursion, something they will remember.

    #1372 zeman321

    zeman321
    • Jr. Member
    • 280 posts

      Posted 01 August 2013 - 06:32 AM

      I'm getting married April 26, 2014 at Now Sapphire! I've noticed the thread is slow but I would assume its b/c all of the summer weddings are underway and those brides are too busy for the newbies, I totally get it!!!!! Just pls come back and post pics. :) I'm struggling with paying for all the extras, is it really worth it??? I've noticed whether you go above and beyond or if you keep it simple by sticking to the package ALL the weddings are beautiful and the guests seem happy as well....I'm so cheap so I don't know if I should do all of the extras like cemterpieces for $250 each....I'd rather use the money to take all my guests on an excursion, something they will remember.

      I agree about the extras...especially center pieces...they are crazy expensive. We are going to try to keep it simple. Sapphire is beautiful and doesn't need a bunch of stuff!

      #1373 mollyes

      mollyes
      • Newbie
      • 34 posts

        Posted 01 August 2013 - 08:38 AM

        Hi - I posted a review from my wedding at NOW Sapphire two weeks ago here - includes some pictures. Happy to answer any questions! http://www.bestdesti...a-word-fabulous



        #1374 cmoreno

        cmoreno
        • Newbie
        • 22 posts

          Posted 01 August 2013 - 08:50 AM

          Hello NSB!

           

          Can anyone tell me what's in the kids' menu, please? 

           

          I'd appreciate it!



          #1375 cmoreno

          cmoreno
          • Newbie
          • 22 posts

            Posted 01 August 2013 - 08:56 AM

            Originally Posted by zeman321 


            I agree about the extras...especially center pieces...they are crazy expensive. We are going to try to keep it simple. Sapphire is beautiful and doesn't need a bunch of stuff!

             

            Originally Posted by niknic456 

            I'm getting married April 26, 2014 at Now Sapphire! I've noticed the thread is slow but I would assume its b/c all of the summer weddings are underway and those brides are too busy for the newbies, I totally get it!!!!! Just pls come back and post pics. :) I'm struggling with paying for all the extras, is it really worth it??? I've noticed whether you go above and beyond or if you keep it simple by sticking to the package ALL the weddings are beautiful and the guests seem happy as well....I'm so cheap so I don't know if I should do all of the extras like cemterpieces for $250 each....I'd rather use the money to take all my guests on an excursion, something they will remember.

             

            I honestly do not think it's worth it! $250 each! I mean, give me a break! I am from Mexico, but live in NY now, and I know what the prices in pesos are! As a matter of fact, if you look online, some Cancun Flower shops offer beautiful arrangement for around MXN500 (USD$43). It is clear to me the wedding industry takes advantage of the supply/demand and hikes up prices in a ridiculous way.

             

            For our wedding, I am making some paper crepe flowers wreath centerpieces and adding a lantern; I will have 8 tables, and in total, I am paying less than $100 for all the centerpieces (each lantern costed me less than $6). It's a lot of work, but I am really loving these!

             



            #1376 maallgood

            maallgood
            • Newbie
            • 22 posts

              Posted 01 August 2013 - 09:55 AM

              My daughter is getting married on January 10, 2014 at NOW Sapphire.

              #1377 niknic456

              niknic456
              • Jr. Member
              • 184 posts

                Posted 01 August 2013 - 12:21 PM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by cmoreno 

                 

                 

                I honestly do not think it's worth it! $250 each! I mean, give me a break! I am from Mexico, but live in NY now, and I know what the prices in pesos are! As a matter of fact, if you look online, some Cancun Flower shops offer beautiful arrangement for around MXN500 (USD$43). It is clear to me the wedding industry takes advantage of the supply/demand and hikes up prices in a ridiculous way.

                 

                For our wedding, I am making some paper crepe flowers wreath centerpieces and adding a lantern; I will have 8 tables, and in total, I am paying less than $100 for all the centerpieces (each lantern costed me less than $6). It's a lot of work, but I am really loving these!

                 

                 

                That's a really crafty idea and it looks awesome. I actually have the same white latern in my home :)....I or should I say we will only have 30 guests so I was thinking of doing 1 long table and moving the centerpiece from the ceremony to the reception and adding floating candles or submersible lights. Is anyone doing OOT bags? Again, is it worth the money and hauling all the bags to MX? I guess I think like this becasue when I attend weddings I don't use any of the favors or anything. So I'm just trying to think of something that my guests can actually use or enjoy which is why I'm leaning towards an excursion (i.e. booz cruise, atv tour, etc.) as the wedding favor.

                #1378 zeman321

                zeman321
                • Jr. Member
                • 280 posts

                  Posted 01 August 2013 - 01:12 PM

                  Originally Posted by niknic456 

                   

                  That's a really crafty idea and it looks awesome. I actually have the same white latern in my home :)....I or should I say we will only have 30 guests so I was thinking of doing 1 long table and moving the centerpiece from the ceremony to the reception and adding floating candles or submersible lights. Is anyone doing OOT bags? Again, is it worth the money and hauling all the bags to MX? I guess I think like this becasue when I attend weddings I don't use any of the favors or anything. So I'm just trying to think of something that my guests can actually use or enjoy which is why I'm leaning towards an excursion (i.e. booz cruise, atv tour, etc.) as the wedding favor.

                  Good job! I think we are going to do a wedding lasso and after the ceremony use it down the table with lanterns as a centerpiece,,,not sure yet, We are going to give out bags before the wedding with luggage tags, a couple of Coronas, a letter saying how excited we are to have them share our special day, and a few other things,,,,I don't want to haul it all to Mexico and I think it will help get people excited for the trip!



                  #1379 DinaQtobe

                  DinaQtobe
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 450 posts
                  • Wedding Date:November 21, 2013
                  • Wedding Location:Now Sapphire

                  Posted 01 August 2013 - 01:41 PM

                  I am getting married in November of this year.  I will not have too many guests and am planning to have one long table.  I am going to bring a table runner in a beige/tan colour and "sprinkle" seashells and starfish from Michael's/craft store down the runner.  I am planning on purchasing or renting vases and putting the brides maids bouquets in them, while also transferring the centerpiece from the ceremony table for the table decor.  Decor isn't very important to me.  I would be absolutely fine with the white provided by the resort, but I think this will look nice and wont be too expensive or much of a headache. 



                  #1380 DinaQtobe

                  DinaQtobe
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 450 posts
                  • Wedding Date:November 21, 2013
                  • Wedding Location:Now Sapphire

                  Posted 01 August 2013 - 02:10 PM

                  I also wanted to mention that I am not doing OOT bags.  Instead, I am giving out tumbler mugs/cups.  I found awesome ones at Sam's Club for a very reasonable price.  Six cost $20 + tax.  They are super cute and each box has 6 different colours (I thought less of a chance for guests cups to get mixed up with 6 different colours).  It was a great option for us, as I wanted to give our guests something nice, but OOT bags seemed like a lot of work and a lot of extra money. 

                   

                   

                  If anyone is interested, here's the link:

                   

                  http://www.samsclub..../prod8210138.ip






                  0 user(s) are reading this topic

                  0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users