Posted 15 April 2013 - 06:05 PM

are you using a dj? if so, who?

thanks!

Attached Files

#1072 Mya062813

Mya062813
    • 61 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 06:14 PM

Can anyone let me know if they liked their video included in the Divine package?

Also those that have had the divine package which did you choose for the ceremony: saxophonist, violinist or guitar player?  Did you like it?

We are trying to decide between the Eternity & Divine package.

#1073 Mya062813

Mya062813
      • 61 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 06:16 PM

The brides that used the $150 speaker system from the resort with your own Ipod can you provide me feedback?

#1074 Mya062813

Mya062813
        • 61 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 06:19 PM

For those concerned about heels getting stuck in the Tequila Terrace below is a a picture Anel sent me of the deck.  Traditional heels will fit between, she suggests flats, wedges or a thick heel.

#1075 Mya062813

Mya062813
          • 61 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 06:25 PM

More questions I asked Anel, her responses are in CAPS or in BLUE

• what is the tax & service charge that is charged on the Divine Package? TAX 11%, SERVICE 15%
            • is a champagne toast included in the package for the reception?, YES THE CHAMPAGNE TOAST IS INCLUDED FOR 25 PEOPLE.
            • can bottled water be offered to our guests for the ceremony? SURE, THE COST IS $2 USD, PER BOTTLE
            • Also we are looking at doing a welcome letter not a welcome gift bag. Can the front desk hand out the letter to the guests as they check in?The Front desk can give a welcome letter to the guest, you just need to give us the letters and we will give them to the front desk.
            • If we bring something for the reception that needs to be plugged in is there an outdoor outlet? THERE IS AN OUTDOOR OUTLET.

#1076 danda

danda
            • 14 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:33 PM

Hi Ladies!  Just got back from an amazing week at the Now Sapphire. 

The wedding was like in a fairy tale.  Everything went pretty smoothly.  We had 50 people total including 6 children between 2 and 13.

The gazebo in the Divine package DOES include the white linens.  If you want another color, it's an extra cost.

We used DJ Doremixx and sent the deposit via Western Union.  Everything went through and he did a great job. 

We got flowers through Mayan Floral.  Marvin is great w/ communicating.  We got flowers for the gazebo, centerpieces, bridesmaids bouquets and a "kissing ball" for the flower girl.  Arrangements were gorgeous.  He met our friend in the lobby and we kept the flowers in Ramon's office until it was time to set them out for the wedding.  Marvin even came out and arranged the flowers at 4pm and we were not charged the vendor's fee.  We used the resort photographer and videographer.  We're happy with our photos but haven't seen our video yet.  They will be sending it out along with our photo album book. 

I spent hours sifting through all the posts on this website and was so grateful for all the feedback. 

If anyone has specific questions feel free to ask!  I would love to help if I can :)

#1077 DinaQtobe

DinaQtobe
              • 450 posts
              • Wedding Date:November 21, 2013
              • Wedding Location:Now Sapphire

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:51 AM

Originally Posted by danda 

Hi Ladies!  Just got back from an amazing week at the Now Sapphire. 

The wedding was like in a fairy tale.  Everything went pretty smoothly.  We had 50 people total including 6 children between 2 and 13.

The gazebo in the Divine package DOES include the white linens.  If you want another color, it's an extra cost.

We used DJ Doremixx and sent the deposit via Western Union.  Everything went through and he did a great job. 

We got flowers through Mayan Floral.  Marvin is great w/ communicating.  We got flowers for the gazebo, centerpieces, bridesmaids bouquets and a "kissing ball" for the flower girl.  Arrangements were gorgeous.  He met our friend in the lobby and we kept the flowers in Ramon's office until it was time to set them out for the wedding.  Marvin even came out and arranged the flowers at 4pm and we were not charged the vendor's fee.  We used the resort photographer and videographer.  We're happy with our photos but haven't seen our video yet.  They will be sending it out along with our photo album book. 

I spent hours sifting through all the posts on this website and was so grateful for all the feedback. 

If anyone has specific questions feel free to ask!  I would love to help if I can :)

Congratulations Danda!  Thanks for the wonderful information!

I am curious if you used the live musicians included in the divine package?  I have heard that at the Now Jade they allow you to swap the musician for two hours of DJ.  Were you able to take advantage of this?

I am also wondering if anyone knows if candles are allowed on the tables for the reception?  Are we able to light them?

Thanks ladies!

#1078 Amber Coulter

Amber Coulter
              • 14 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:10 AM

Danda,

I've emailed Marvin for a quote, did you find them to be reasonable? I'm going to compare his prices to the prices the resort charges.

thanks

amber

#1079 CancunBride2013

CancunBride2013
                • 14 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:10 AM

Did you get your hair and makeup done by the resort?  Can I see pics???  What was your opinion about their work??

#1080 emily l

emily l
                  • 8 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:58 AM

Hi Ladies!  Just got back from an amazing week at the Now Sapphire.  The wedding was like in a fairy tale.  Everything went pretty smoothly.  We had 50 people total including 6 children between 2 and 13. The gazebo in the Divine package DOES include the white linens.  If you want another color, it's an extra cost. We used DJ Doremixx and sent the deposit via Western Union.  Everything went through and he did a great job.  We got flowers through Mayan Floral.  Marvin is great w/ communicating.  We got flowers for the gazebo, centerpieces, bridesmaids bouquets and a "kissing ball" for the flower girl.  Arrangements were gorgeous.  He met our friend in the lobby and we kept the flowers in Ramon's office until it was time to set them out for the wedding.  Marvin even came out and arranged the flowers at 4pm and we were not charged the vendor's fee.  We used the resort photographer and videographer.  We're happy with our photos but haven't seen our video yet.  They will be sending it out along with our photo album book.  I spent hours sifting through all the posts on this website and was so grateful for all the feedback.  If anyone has specific questions feel free to ask!  I would love to help if I can :)

Hi Ladies!  Just got back from an amazing week at the Now Sapphire.  The wedding was like in a fairy tale.  Everything went pretty smoothly.  We had 50 people total including 6 children between 2 and 13. The gazebo in the Divine package DOES include the white linens.  If you want another color, it's an extra cost. We used DJ Doremixx and sent the deposit via Western Union.  Everything went through and he did a great job.  We got flowers through Mayan Floral.  Marvin is great w/ communicating.  We got flowers for the gazebo, centerpieces, bridesmaids bouquets and a "kissing ball" for the flower girl.  Arrangements were gorgeous.  He met our friend in the lobby and we kept the flowers in Ramon's office until it was time to set them out for the wedding.  Marvin even came out and arranged the flowers at 4pm and we were not charged the vendor's fee.  We used the resort photographer and videographer.  We're happy with our photos but haven't seen our video yet.  They will be sending it out along with our photo album book.  I spent hours sifting through all the posts on this website and was so grateful for all the feedback.  If anyone has specific questions feel free to ask!  I would love to help if I can :)

Hi Danda, Congratulations and thanks so much for sharing information. Can you share florists contact information and if he sent you a cost sheet. The resort is pretty pricey for flowers. Also what food did you have for dinner? Thanks!! Emily.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users