Now Sapphire Weddings Formerly Paradisus Riviera

@GingerJ228- I ended up just wearing the wedges. I had the peanut gallery with me during the dress fitting ( mom, aunt, sister) and they all basically like bullied me into it. It is what It is at this point.

My dress is now hemmed to that height so no turning back now :( I kind of wish I had flatter shoes but it's done now so I"ll just embrace it.

What did you end up doing for the steel drum situation? Did you find an alternative?

What airline are you flying?  Definitely carry your dress on the plane.  Don't put it in your luggage.

I purchased a garment bag when I bought my dress.  I carried it on the plane.  The airline that I flew did not have a closet.  When priority boarding was called we went up to the gate and boarded before everyone else.  As soon as the attendant saw my dress (it will be obvious it's a wedding dress), she put it in an overhead bin and closed the doors.  She made sure no one else put anything on top of it.  She was super sweet, and I was so grateful!  Most people were super happy and congratulatory for us.  We kind of felt like VIPs!

I also put my husbands suit in the garment bag with the dress, so it didn't feel like I was "wasting" a carry on.  We had everything we needed to get married in our carry-on bags - attire, shoes, rings, portable speakers.  We each had one carry on and then the dress - it worked out perfectly for us.

I'm flying United Airlines... I wanted to just do a garment bag, but I had a friend do a Mexico wedding last Oct. and the flight attendents didn't help her at all. Don't want to be stuck pushing it in somewhere. But maybe I'll think more and find a nicer garment bag that isn't huge. Right now we only have the little one we got when we bought the dress, not sure if that would help protect it. Where did you get your garment bag?

Thanks!

Hi brides of Now Sapphire! I was wondering what others are doing or have done for a welcome party for their guests? I emailed Juan and of course we recommended doing the 2 hour dinner for $28 per guests. That's a lil high for our budget. Did anyone do anything creative or have any ideas that might be a lil more budget friendly?

Thanks,

Kristen.

We are just doing a casual happy hour the night before at the Lobby bar. We didn't want to pay more money and this way people can still meet everyone but enjoy their choice of food.

Ladies need your advice. My mom and I keep arguing over the "shoe option" for the ceremony. Our ceremony will be on the beach. My first fitting for my dress is April 25th so I have to bring the shoe I'm going to wear. Right now I have two pairs. A flat sandal and my mom bought me a high wedge shoe ( which is adorable but uncomfortable bc I usually wear flats)

I keep telling her that walking on the sand with a shoe with any type of heel and then standing there for 20 mins with them on will be uncomfortable.

Any feedback from past brides on this?

I ordered flip flops that are wedges so give me about 2 1/2 inches. The thong part is wrapped in ribbon and has some flowers that match my dress. Casual, but beach ready. Shoes was always out of the questions as cannot walk on the beach. :)

I'm flying United Airlines... I wanted to just do a garment bag, but I had a friend do a Mexico wedding last Oct. and the flight attendents didn't help her at all. Don't want to be stuck pushing it in somewhere. But maybe I'll think more and find a nicer garment bag that isn't huge. Right now we only have the little one we got when we bought the dress, not sure if that would help protect it. Where did you get your garment bag?

Thanks!

I bought the garment bag at the bridal salon.  I think it was $15.  The resort will steam your dress for you.  My dress was chiffon and after the steaming it looked amazing.

You'll be comfy in wedges :).  I had my dress hemmed to barefoot length and my put on small wedges for the reception. 

I think we are going to download music and have it played over a sound system for the welcome dinner.  My shower is tomorrow  (totally not a surprise) and after that i'll start on the playlist. One of the tother DW brides gave me some suggestions to download steel drum music and just play that.  The hotel vendor wanted 2500 for 1.5 hours and I think thats way too much. @GingerJ228- I ended up just wearing the wedges. I had the peanut gallery with me during the dress fitting ( mom, aunt, sister) and they all basically like bullied me into it. It is what It is at this point.  When is your e=next fitting?  I go back May 7th.

My dress is now hemmed to that height so no turning back now :( I kind of wish I had flatter shoes but it's done now so I"ll just embrace it.

What did you end up doing for the steel drum situation? Did you find an alternative?

I bought the garment bag at the bridal salon.  I think it was $15.  The resort will steam your dress for you.  My dress was chiffon and after the steaming it looked amazing.

Dina,

Do they steam suits? My FH is wearing a linen suit and all his groomsmen are wearing linen pants.

Ahh only 53 days! Getting nervous, but excited all at once.

Dina,

Do they steam suits? My FH is wearing a linen suit and all his groomsmen are wearing linen pants.

Ahh only 53 days! Getting nervous, but excited all at once.

Yes!  My husband had his suit steamed also, which was included in our package.  We also had the groomsmen's shirts ironed - $2 each, which I thought was very reasonable!  Talk to your WC in your meeting about any of the items you will need steamed or ironed :)

We bought this one on the advice of another bride. Way cheaper than a wally bag and the dress will be fine for the flight. I'll just unpack it as soon as we get to our room!http://www.walmart.com/ip/Golden-Pacific-17174K-Elite-Travel-Bag-Black/25521122

Ladies-

I just wanted to let you know that I spoke to Juan Carlos( the new wedding coordinator) this morning for about 30 minutes. He is amazing. One of the things I wanted to note for some of the brides is he had EVERY LAST DETAIL of information that I had emailed Anel and Ramon over the past few months. He read through every email and outlined every detail I needed him to. So what I want to assure you is that if you are sending emails and NOT getting a response DON"T WORRY they have everything documented and yes, I know it would be nice to get a response but don't worry because they are capturing it. Another thing I wanted to mention is that Juan came from north Carolina as a wedding coordinator so I think that culturally he understands the U.S. brides and the need for a timely response :) and he's new so he's not burnt out yet for long hours so I think he will be a GREAT asset to all of us getting married in the coming months.

Anyway I have been so annoyed and slightly paranoid previously on being totally in the dark and 30 mins with him today made everything SO MUCH better. Hope this helps make some of you feel a bit better too!

Thanks so much for Sharing !!!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

@tschooley- You have NOTHING to worry about with Juan Carlos. He has been amazing and he knows what he is doing. He used to be a wedding planner in the US so I think he knows how to please American brides and keep them happy. I LOVE HIM and you will too! you are in good hands. When is your wedding? I can give you the full run down when I get back from my wedding ( june 7th)