RFinger

Now Sapphire Weddings Formerly Paradisus Riviera

Here's another question for you guys :) I was wondering how far in advance did you book for rooms? My travel agent said that prices will go down as the year goes on, so not to book so soon, maybe in 5 months. Is that how you did it?

Here's another question for you guys :) I was wondering how far in advance did you book for rooms? My travel agent said that prices will go down as the year goes on, so not to book so soon, maybe in 5 months. Is that how you did it?

I wish I would have known that...and it is very true that the closer you book the cheaper it goes down I think, my inlAws booked about 6 months prior to the wedding and it was way cheaper than what we got it for. We booked a year in advanced....next vacation I will definitely book closer to. As far as the gift bags, I didn't have those so I can't offer you help there, I'm sorry :/

@@meganator22 thanks so much for the advice! I seem to want to do everything now but I need to just focus on my diet and knowing what I want so when the time comes I will be ready :)

• Like 1

@@meganator22 thanks so much for the advice! I seem to want to do everything now but I need to just focus on my diet and knowing what I want so when the time comes I will be ready :)

Haha that's exactly how I was too!! I hate waiting to the last minute to do stuff and also am the most indecisive person ever. I changed my mind 6895 times about everything! It'll all get done and will be beautiful, I promise. I wish I worried less

• Like 1

We booked our November vacation in February I think.  Yes, it was early, but the price was reasonable I thought.  My in-laws booked in June and their price was the same.  A family member attempted to book a room about a month before and was not able to book preferred.  You don't want to wait too long, but book when you feel comfortable.

We didn't do welcome bags, but instead purchased tumblers for every guest that we then personalized with names.  I handed those out in gift bags to everyone as I saw them.  I originally wanted to have a welcome cocktail, but it didn't end up working out - it was too hard to organize everyone (and we only had 17 guests!).

• Like 1

@@GingerJ228 I attached my RSVP card so you can see that I listed the two entree selections for people to choose.

Also as for the johnny walker situation I would call Anel ( as I mentinoed in my PM last night) and just talk to her in person. She is very helpful over the phone just stinks at responding to emails. I read in another post to make sure you ASK for them to bring out top shelf liquor for the wedding. THey don't always put it out but I will def be asking because my friends love grey goose :)

We had our invited made and we decided to not give an option.  

@@CurlyKristen.  I booked my flight and rooms as soon as I signed the contract , which was in October/November for my June 8th wedding. Air was low going from NYC to CUN and it jumped top a bit in the past few weeks  for the week of our wedding and if you book block rooms you can negotiate a better rate than you would get closer to the wedding.  Personally, I wouldn't chance the hotel selling out. Even f the room rates decrease - how much will they really decrease by, maybe a few dollars a night.  

OMG!!!  I've been working out with a trainer 3 times a week and I think I need to just wire my jaw shut so I stop eating.  I am so stressed out about  loosing a few more lbs and toning up!!   I don't know where you live but in NYC we are getting hit with snow storm after snowstorm and I am slowly losing motivation.  

@@vanessav53  I am going to distribute my welcome bags at our welcome dinner the night before the wedding. 

We booked 10 months in advance and the price was vey cheap. My guests are paying $448pp for a Fri-Mon stay....I'm glad we booked early because the hotel sold out in Noember for our wedding weekend, so waiting for prices to drop can also bite you and your guests in the butt.

Is anyone doing cold fireworks or does the resort allow fireworks....as usual Ramon and Anel are too busy to answer emails and I'm getting married in 2 months.

@CurlyKristen- We only got engaged in Nov and wedding was in June but we did a room block with our travel agent within a few weeks of getting engage to make sure the resort had rooms avaiable. I would highly suggest reserving room as early as possible ( at least 6 months before) as January is peak season in mexico so you don't want the rooms to fill up if you wait too long. If you work with a travel agent they can lock in a rate with the resort help ensure prices don't go up. Our block was $441pp from thurs-sun in june ( which is off-peak) including transfers to/from the airport

Hope this helps.

Anel has told me again that I can not use the soloist for the cocktail hour. I am annoyed! Anel said the ceremony is only about 25 minutes, so do they actually play for 45 minutes? Obviously they don't play when we are talking so is that included in the 45 minutes? What kind of music did they play for you?

Also trying to decide on the violinist or guitarist for the soloist. What did everyone else choose?

So maybe if the travel agent just does the block of rooms I will be okay. It doesn't seem like the prices don't  change that much for Now Sapphire anyway. Thank you everyone for sharing when they booked their rooms. Oh and I really didn't know that January was a peak month! I thought it didn't start to pick up until February. Thank goodness I confirmed our date more than a year in advance.

@@van83 I really wanted the guitarist at the cocktail hour also but I keep hearing that they have changed their policy to only allow them to play at the ceremony in the wedding packages unless you want to pay the regular cost for them to play at a different time.

@@GingerJ228 You have a trainer already! That's so good :) I have been trying to do it on my own for 3 weeks now and I just need to get into a routine so my body gets use to going with less sleep. I know I can do it, just takes time and effort. For inspiration I put pictures of wedding dresses and beaches on the frig and I have a wedding count down on my phone.

Spring 2014 Wedding Webinar Schedule

March 22, 2014 | Saturday     9:00am PST    NOW Jade & NOW Sapphire            

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/75809-destination-wedding-webinars-schedule-2014/

Edited by CurlyKristen