Now Sapphire Weddings Formerly Paradisus Riviera

Here is my very delayed review I put on Trip Advisor!!

It has been about two months since our destination wedding at the Now Sapphire on June 19!! The whole process leading up was slow, but I realized that they were focused on making me happy so I just had to be patient. I worked with a travel agent to book my rooms for my guests which is the way to go for sure.

Check in and Rooms:
Upon arrival we were brought to the preferred lounge to check in even though we decided not to do the preferred. We were upgraded to a preferred oceanfront from a deluxe oceanfront. We were in room 110, it was the best room ever! It was beautiful and so close to everything. Our guests were all over the resort so that was a bit disappointing at first, but we realized we could easily find people anywhere quite easily. Some people weren't able to check in until 6pm but for the most part they had all our rooms ready to go. Our room was cleaned by 11am everyday. My brother's family did have some issue with clean rooms, but just had to call and they were their right away. A huge reminder, it is Mexico so they work a littler slower and things don't happen in 5 minutes.

Wedding Meeting:
This was great and we spent 1.5 hours with Juan Carlos going over every detail. He even let us add a rehearsal for my family members who wanted to make sure the day went great. I gave him a whole suitcare of decorations and he did everything from there.

Salon/Hair and Makeup:
We make appointments 4-5 months out for the wedding day. We brought pictures to show the ladies doing it. Everything went great. My niece didn't like her hair at first, but after some clarification it was fixed to her happiness. My hair stayed all day along with my makeup despite the humidity trying to make me melt. All my girls all liked the hair and makeup and enjoyed the experience. My mother's makeup was done a little dark around the eyes, we just blended it a little after it was it was perfect.

Wedding:
. After the salon we had food wating for us in our room as the girls were gettting ready and I was put into my dress. They had golf cart come and pick up the girls so we didn't get too hot waiting outside. The guys were able to wait in the preferred lounge to stay cool and then they greeted the guests before the ceremony started. The ceremony was great, we did a symbolic and it was great. We had a lady from resort do the ceremony, she said nice things about love and it lasted about 20 minutes. She didn't understand my husband's name as Bob so we used Robert, which was cute in itself. She had a little congrats document we got to sign during the ceremony so it looked like a license. The videographer was there for the whole ceremony right besides our photographer  amorcitocorazonstudio.com. Following the ceremony we greeted guests and had the first of two toasts with champagned included in the package. The cocktail we had start about 45 minutes after the ceremony. The only bad thing was we didn't get any of the apps as our friends and family ate them before we joined the cocktail hour. The reception was great we were on the Tequila Terrace and beach for everything. Our party was 43 people. IT was perfect size. We did 5 tables for our guests It was nice to be on the end of the resort as there was an empty lot next to it. There were people eating dinner at the Bluewater Grill, but they didn't bother us. If anything our music took over their meal. A friend was our DJ and had the music nice and loud!The only thing is we decided to get guac/salsa and chips delivered later in the night. We didn't know when the food came so no one really ate it. The little bit we had was great!!

Food:
The food was very good. The wait time for the restaruants could get long as it was first come first serve. So we tended to go right at 6pm to put our name in. If you wanted a large group together go and wait a little before so you wouldn't eat at 10pm. But any ground arou 4-6 wait was about an hour. We didn't mind as we would get a drink, but stay in area so make sure they would seat you. The room service was different times so hard to count on for a specific time. We loved the japanese steak house, bluewater grill. The wedding food was the best by far!! Also we went fishing one day and was able to bring it back and they cooked it up for our group of 43 people. It was wonderful!!

Photographers: We used amorcitocorazonstudio for our wedding! They were amazing and so much fun. They stayed a hour past our scheduled time. It was very hot our wedding day so we moved slow and waited for great pictures. I didn't feel like we took forever and we got to enjoy our reception with our guests. We are still waiting on the final copy. Can't wait, the hints they showed us were amazing. They prepared a slideshow for our reception back home, it was great and people were so glad to see our wedding day from their eyes. IT was perfect!

I would tell anyone to have their wedding or vacation there. We were there a week and it was perfect, the staff went above and beyond what we needed. Remember it is Mexico so things are done a bit slower and the night life stops around midnight, but other than that it was great!

• Like 1

So what is everyones wedding dates and how are you doing with your planning?

January 19th, 2015.....and planning is going!  All the information is great - but still stressing about a lot.  You?

Kathy and Ethan: 

The shoe cubby was there and provided by the resort at NO CHARGE. Juan Carols said they let everyone use it. I had my ceremony on the beach in front of the Tequila Terrace and I saw it there all week during the day. I did use all 7 bouquets as my 5 table centerpieces, plus on my guest signing book table there was my bouquet and one on the bar I think. They spread them out nicely for me. They provided the vases for the flowers at NO CHARGE as well. I had heard some people were getting charged for those. So be clear with them. Honestly I wouldn't pay extra for any actual centerpieces, the bouquets were enough and the size of the tables it was perfect. I used that extra money elsewhere on gifts for guests such as tequila!

@@meganwitt - Did you use flowers from the resort or from an outside vendor; if resort - did they provide the vases; etc and you just ordered bouquets for centerpieces (or used bridesmaid).  Our ceremony is on the Beach and reception on Beach Terrace - hoping that the shoe cubby is available for that location as well.  Great idea :)   Did you have the live music for your ceremony?  I thought we could exchange the live music to have playing for cocktail but apparently we can no longer do that.  Thanks in advance and congratulations!  

I am getting married there in January 2015 so I will be following this thread! I am working with Juan Carlos and so far I have been skeptical....except every bride I hear from on this site says they were amazing! So I am keeping the faith =0) Any updates will be appreciated =0)

niknic456, what a beautiful wedding. I am getting married at NOW Sapphire on January 10th, 2015, and you have what looks like my exact dress, the colors, and vision that I am trying to put together. Its really nice to see your pictures and my "vision" come to a reality! LOL. Now I feel bad that I am just copying you but looks like you had an amazing time and wedding.

Congrats and thanks for the update =0)

Hi Chrysta - I'm getting married January 19th, 2015 and I am trying to keep the faith as well.  My colors are the same as niknic456 as well.  If you have any updates - I would appreciate and I will do the same for you.  I have 82 guests so far and the $$ are really adding up.  Do you have any quotes yet on pricing over 25 for Devine package?  Another "friend" on here states that they quoted her $99/pp plus tax (which is 16% I believe) over 25 for chairs/champagne/cake/cocktail/reception.  I was not quoted that.  Happy planning! :)

Thanks @@JaxBchKay I was basically charging myself double for the drinks in my budget sheet since i wasn't including any hours with the dinner package. Juan also responded to me last night and said he would send me my wedding price next week. When i saw the drinks would be more than the dinner i knew something couldn't be right but i couldn't help but panic a little!

Thanks for your help! 

@@KathyandEthan - did you get your price list from Juan yet?  I am still trying to budget and we are at 82 people so far.  Some brides are saying that it is $15.00/hour for cocktails for the reception anyone over 25.  That would be $75 just for cocktails for 3 hours.  I am just wondering if you received a definite answer from Juan.  I have not asked him this question yet.  I do understand that if you extend your reception you have to pay the extra $15 (plus 16% tax), as well as for the cocktail anyone over 25 pp.  If you could send me any info you have and I will do the same!  joni.trans4@@gmail.com  Everyone has been so helpful on this site!  

January 19th, 2015.....and planning is going!  All the information is great - but still stressing about a lot.  You?

@@meganwitt - Did you use flowers from the resort or from an outside vendor; if resort - did they provide the vases; etc and you just ordered bouquets for centerpieces (or used bridesmaid).  Our ceremony is on the Beach and reception on Beach Terrace - hoping that the shoe cubby is available for that location as well.  Great idea :)   Did you have the live music for your ceremony?  I thought we could exchange the live music to have playing for cocktail but apparently we can no longer do that.  Thanks in advance and congratulations!  

Hi Chrysta - I'm getting married January 19th, 2015 and I am trying to keep the faith as well.  My colors are the same as niknic456 as well.  If you have any updates - I would appreciate and I will do the same for you.  I have 82 guests so far and the $$ are really adding up.  Do you have any quotes yet on pricing over 25 for Devine package?  Another "friend" on here states that they quoted her $99/pp plus tax (which is 16% I believe) over 25 for chairs/champagne/cake/cocktail/reception.  I was not quoted that.  Happy planning! :)

@@KathyandEthan - did you get your price list from Juan yet?  I am still trying to budget and we are at 82 people so far.  Some brides are saying that it is $15.00/hour for cocktails for the reception anyone over 25.  That would be $75 just for cocktails for 3 hours.  I am just wondering if you received a definite answer from Juan.  I have not asked him this question yet.  I do understand that if you extend your reception you have to pay the extra $15 (plus 16% tax), as well as for the cocktail anyone over 25 pp.  If you could send me any info you have and I will do the same!  joni.trans4@@gmail.com  Everyone has been so helpful on this site!  

Here's the info I received from Anel:

The cost for an additional adult (over the initial 25) for the Divine package is $99 plus 16% tax and 15% service.  Breakdown is below:

·       Basic set up for the ceremony; $5 usd

·       Champagne toast at the end of the ceremony; $4 usd

·       Cocktail hour; $30 usd (this fee includes the basic set up, open bar and hor d´oeuvres)

·       Divine Menu; $53 usd (this fee includes the location rental fee, the basic set up, dinner and 3 hours open Bar)

·       Cake; $7 usd

There is a kids menu, the cost is $25 usd, The  option for them  is : Cocktail Fruit or  Tomato Soup, Chicken Fingers with Spaguetti Or Cheese Burger with Fries  and Ice Cream  or  Chocolate cake.

The resort DJ is $350 an hour. You do not have to pay the additional $150 for the speakers. That is included in the $350.

So this is what i have for DJ expenses so far this is 4 hour reception. I have the number for a 3 hour reception let me know if you would like to see those.

DJ MANNIA- $900 for 4 hours + $300 Vendor= $1,200

DOREMIXX- $800 for 4 hours + $300 Vendor= $1,100

DISCO MOVIL $700 for 4 hours + $300 Vendor= $1,000

Resort= $350 for 4 hours = $1,400

I booked DJ MANNIA for our wedding in Nov.  The price is as follows:

DJ service $800.00usd (4 hours) and lighted dance floor 12 x 16ft $650.00 = $1,450.00usd

Plus $300 vendor fee at the resort 

Total for DJ = $1750

:(

• Like 1

JoniA

My flowers were from the resort. In my final wedding form you send back 30 days out I copied pictures from online I like and asked them to do things similar. When meeting with Juan Carlos he told me which flowers were actually available during that time. I was pretty easy going so I was not upset when he said they didn't have regular callie lillies. I focused more on color and my bouquet which I wanted as white roses only. But in the end the bouquets ended up being exactly what I wanted. I ordered them as bouquets and not centerpieces. The resort provided the vases and moved them onto the tables for me during cocktail hour.

The shoe cubby I think is portable if there isn't another wedding using it that same day. 

For the ceremony we used CD for the walking in and out. I provided the music on my ipod and Juan Carlos played it for us. I do think rules have changed for live music but I think you could pay extra or just have your DJ start playing soft background music during your cocktail hour.

Good luck!!

• Like 1

Can any past brides share the menus you went with?  Having a tough time deciding on what sounds best -- not having tried the food is scary!!  TIA!!!

I pulled this directly from my review of our wedding.  We had the divine package.

Cocktail Hour:

Salmon and dill cream cheese (my favorite!)

Shrimp wrapped in Bacon

Sliced tomato and mozzarella al pesto

Prosciutto ham bruschetta

All four options were presented beautifully and tasted awesome! I wish I had a picture to show everyone, it was so good!

Dinner:

Appetizer: Seared Tuna salad

Soup: Lobster Bisque

Main Course – Surf and Turf or Seafood Stuffed Chicken (guest choice)

Dessert – Cognac Truffle Cake

sml_gallery_257303_17479_222528.jpg

sml_gallery_257303_17479_347721.jpg

sml_gallery_257303_17479_24973.jpg

The tuna was phenomenal. Everyone raved about it. The Lobster soup was good also – complete with a fried seafood ravioli garnish! The surf and turf was served with shrimp and asparagus and was very good. The chicken was served over couscous. I had the chicken and wasn’t overly thrilled with it (I would say that was how I felt about the chicken at every meal I had over the week. It all tastes the same – very salty). The dessert was awesome, it was a chocolate-y decadent mouse/cake covered in a white chocolate shell.

We chose the Tres Leches flavour for our cake.  It was really good, but after the cognac truffle desert nothing compared!

Link to my full review here: http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/reviews/r/4208-now-sapphire-riviera-cancun/

For those of you that cannot see pictures yet, if you go to my profile and then to "Gallery" you can see all of my photos.  Hope this helps!

Can any past brides tell us what the total cost per additional person was at your weddings?  For adults and for children??  I know it's $99 plus tax and service, but if I do the calculations, that comes to around an extra $30 per person.  I am hoping (!!!) that I am not correct.  TIA!!

I'd also be curious to hear what kinds of total cost past brides have had with weddings that had approx 55 people.  Anyone willing to share?  I know it greatly depends on extras, but a ballpark would help calm me, I think.  :)

Here is my understanding. You pick your package I am going to use the Divine pack for example. With that package it includes 25 people. So every people over 25 is $99 plus tax and service. Which includes the following

• Ceremony set up
  • one hour open bar during cocktail hour
  • hor's douvress during cocktail hour
  • 3 hours of dinner reception with bar service
  • special dinner set menu
  • wedding cake
  • sparkling wine for toast
  • if the  kid  will  have  kids menu they  will  pay   for dinner  $25 usd

If you email me lawsonwedding31@yahoo.com I can share some of my financial numbers with you I am right around 55 people. 

• Like 2

Ladies-

I just wanted to let you know that I spoke to Juan Carlos( the new wedding coordinator) this morning for about 30 minutes. He is amazing. One of the things I wanted to note for some of the brides is he had EVERY LAST DETAIL of information that I had emailed Anel and Ramon over the past few months. He read through every email and outlined every detail I needed him to. So what I want to assure you is that if you are sending emails and NOT getting a response DON"T WORRY they have everything documented and yes, I know it would be nice to get a response but don't worry because they are capturing it. Another thing I wanted to mention is that Juan came from north Carolina as a wedding coordinator so I think that culturally he understands the U.S. brides and the need for a timely response :) and he's new so he's not burnt out yet for long hours so I think he will be a GREAT asset to all of us getting married in the coming months.

Anyway I have been so annoyed and slightly paranoid previously on being totally in the dark and 30 mins with him today made everything SO MUCH better. Hope this helps make some of you feel a bit better too!

@vanessav53   - I have only been in contact with Anel -- who intro'd me to Ramon and said he would be my WC.  Sure would like to talk to Juan Carlos though if he's awesome!!  I am having a heck of a time getting responses from Ramon and it's starting to make me crazy.  My wedding is in 86 days -- seems long to some people, but it's GAINING ON ME SO FAST!!!  LOL  How did you end up switching to Juan Carlos??  Any tips/tricks??

Edited by tcaurie07

@vanessav53   - I have only been in contact with Anel -- who intro'd me to Ramon and said he would be my WC.  Sure would like to talk to Juan Carlos though if he's awesome!!  I am having a heck of a time getting responses from Ramon and it's starting to make me crazy.  My wedding is in 86 days -- seems long to some people, but it's GAINING ON ME SO FAST!!!  LOL  How did you end up switching to Juan Carlos??  Any tips/tricks??

I had Ramon and he was amazing.  You will be happy with any of the coordinators.