Now Sapphire Weddings Formerly Paradisus Riviera

The resort DJ is $350 an hour. You do not have to pay the additional $150 for the speakers. That is included in the $350.

So this is what i have for DJ expenses so far this is 4 hour reception. I have the number for a 3 hour reception let me know if you would like to see those.

DJ MANNIA- $900 for 4 hours + $300 Vendor= $1,200

DOREMIXX- $800 for 4 hours + $300 Vendor= $1,100

DISCO MOVIL $700 for 4 hours + $300 Vendor= $1,000

Resort= $350 for 4 hours = $1,400

You are awesome!!! Thanks so much for posting. I would love to see the 3 hour quote if you have them? We were actually thinking of just using the DJ for 2 hours. We will have the cocktail hour and dinner hour with music we download and bring our own speaker docking station and then use the DJ for first dances, and the rest of the evening. I dont think we are extending our ceremony... are any of you?

Stephanie, I Used The Salon For Hair And Makeup. So Did Several Of My Girls And My Mom. They Did Great-I Told People To Bring Photos Of How They Wanted Things DonE. The Makeup Lasted Through The 90+ Heat As I WaS Sweating My Butt Off. My Hair Was Up And Never Fell Down. My Niece Was Not Happy At First With Her Hair But They Fixed It Until She Was Happy. I Would Recommend Them To Use Just Bring Photos As They Dont Speak English Well.

We Used The Guitar, It Was Awesome And Everyone Thought He Was Great!

Yes, my wife used the hair & makeup application that came with our divine wedding package (she is the brunette in the pics) Also, both of our mothers got their makeup done as well as 3 of our bridemsmaids. They all loved how they looked. Their makeup lasted all through the night and everyone said how amazing they looked. The stylists at the salon know exactly what they are doing and are true professionals.

I'm glad to here you both had a good experience with the Salon! Did you know if I would need to make an appointment with the Salon for hair & makeup? If so how far in advanced did you do the booking? Thanks!

You are awesome!!! Thanks so much for posting. I would love to see the 3 hour quote if you have them? We were actually thinking of just using the DJ for 2 hours. We will have the cocktail hour and dinner hour with music we download and bring our own speaker docking station and then use the DJ for first dances, and the rest of the evening. I dont think we are extending our ceremony... are any of you?

DJ MANNIA- $900 for 4 hours + $300 Vendor= $1,200  I believe they only offer 4 hours of services I will let you know what I find out. 

DOREMIXX- $650 for 3 hours + $300 Vendor= $800

DOREMIXX  also has a package which includes speakers, professional mixer with plug to connect Ipod, wireless microphone, techninican to set up and pick up the equipment. Real basic 

$500 for 3 hours --you might want to consider this.

DISCO MOVIL $600 for 3 hours+300 Vendor= $900

Resort= $350 for 3 hours = $1050

You could do the resort for 2 hours for $700. Seem expensive! Compared to using one of DOREMIXX packages. :) 

• Like 1

DJ MANNIA- $900 for 4 hours + $300 Vendor= $1,200  I believe they only offer 4 hours of services I will let you know what I find out. 

DOREMIXX- $650 for 3 hours + $300 Vendor= $800

DOREMIXX  also has a package which includes speakers, professional mixer with plug to connect Ipod, wireless microphone, techninican to set up and pick up the equipment. Real basic 

$500 for 3 hours --you might want to consider this.

DISCO MOVIL $600 for 3 hours+300 Vendor= $900

Resort= $350 for 3 hours = $1050

You could do the resort for 2 hours for $700. Seem expensive! Compared to using one of DOREMIXX packages. :)

Thanks again Jordan! I emailed DoreMixx. Anxious to hear back. Juan has mentioned thier DJ included lights.

@@leesabrian Disco Movil quoted me $600 for a 3 hour reception. Also I spoke to Audio Cancun. They were charging $800 and discounted me an extra $100 to offset the vendor fee cost.

Thank you- I have received a few quotes today as well from the above listed. Im seeing the major difference is the kind of package that you want- for example Doremixx $500 package is with the use of your own ipod, the $650 option has a  DJ but they will not do announcements for you- once you are at $750 they will do announcements.

Im wondering if the resorts DJ does announcements?

I'm glad to here you both had a good experience with the Salon! Did you know if I would need to make an appointment with the Salon for hair & makeup? If so how far in advanced did you do the booking? Thanks!

We made our appointments as soon as we had a pretty solid number of ppl who were wanting to use the salon services. They require a 24 hour cancellation so we figured as long as we had a rough number we'd be good to go. I believe we emailed the spa concierge about 4 months in advance to set up the appointments because we needed so many I wanted to be sure they would have availability.

I was initially planning on doing my own hair for the wedding (which seemed like a great idea initially until all of the days stresses hit me lol!) And last minute they fit me in and also switched around some of the girls appointments upon request. They are very flexible.

Any more questions, I will be happy to try & answer for ya :-)

Edited by peaxchy1029

@@leesabrian

I heard that resort DJs (in general) in Mexico aren't that great. Neither are the photographers. We hired both externally. Now will only charge a $65/pp day pass fee for the photographer and then $300 for the DJ. Totally worth it in my opinion!

For Disco Movil, the basic package includes two people - and all of the mixing equipment. I noticed the differences with the more expensive packages for them are extra lights. We are also getting married on the Tequila Terrace so we skipped the light up dance floor. I had considered cold fireworks, but apparently Now doesn't allow them anymore.

We're using Juan Navarro for photos, who I've heard great things about, both from others on the boards and from some people I know who specialize in destination weddings. I'm hoping the resort will give us a longer video in lieu of the photographer we're passing on. In my opinion, the photography is the most important part.

@@KathyandEthan

The DJs I spoke to all charged in the $700 range for a light-up dance floor. We're getting married on the tequila terrace so we skipped that all together.

String lights - bring your own. I was told by the resort that they would handle any decorations you bring for no extra charge. The only exception is chair bows - they'll charge $1/bow. Still a WAY better deal than using theirs for $5/each...I've seen them for purchase online for about 50 cents.

I Made Appts. About 5 Months Out As I Wanted Us To Be Done At Certain Time. You Can Email Salon Or I Had Juan Carlos Do It For Me.

@@leesabrian

I heard that resort DJs (in general) in Mexico aren't that great. Neither are the photographers. We hired both externally. Now will only charge a $65/pp day pass fee for the photographer and then $300 for the DJ. Totally worth it in my opinion!

For Disco Movil, the basic package includes two people - and all of the mixing equipment. I noticed the differences with the more expensive packages for them are extra lights. We are also getting married on the Tequila Terrace so we skipped the light up dance floor. I had considered cold fireworks, but apparently Now doesn't allow them anymore.

We're using Juan Navarro for photos, who I've heard great things about, both from others on the boards and from some people I know who specialize in destination weddings. I'm hoping the resort will give us a longer video in lieu of the photographer we're passing on. In my opinion, the photography is the most important part.

@@KathyandEthan

The DJs I spoke to all charged in the $700 range for a light-up dance floor. We're getting married on the tequila terrace so we skipped that all together.

String lights - bring your own. I was told by the resort that they would handle any decorations you bring for no extra charge. The only exception is chair bows - they'll charge $1/bow. Still a WAY better deal than using theirs for $5/each...I've seen them for purchase online for about 50 cents.

As for the photographer and videographer, I wanted to cancel the photographer, but we just used him for the cocktail hour and it was perfect as we were taking private pictures with the photographer we hired. The videographer made a 30 minute video of the before, whole ceremony and some fun shoots after. I'm not sure how much more they could have included and I know Juan Carlos didn't let us exchange for anything else.