Now Sapphire Weddings Formerly Paradisus Riviera

Just curious if anyone knows about using the vendors on site if they are reasonable? I know we have some guests that want to go snorkeling or the Tulum and want to use the vendors on site.

Also for past brides is there an ATM on site? Does it give out american dollars or pesos?

As for photography.... how much time are people giving for pictures before and after ceremony. Right now we have photographer coming at 3pm and ceremony starts at 5 and then there is only break fro 45 minutes before our cocktail hour begins and then they leav at 8:30. Do you think we can get all our wedding party and family photos in that 45 minutes after the ceremony and all our wedding party in between 3-5?

Thanks ladies for the tips on Juan! He has been great so far for me too.

Ladies need your advice. My mom and I keep arguing over the "shoe option" for the ceremony. Our ceremony will be on the beach. My first fitting for my dress is April 25th so I have to bring the shoe I'm going to wear. Right now I have two pairs. A flat sandal and my mom bought me a high wedge shoe ( which is adorable but uncomfortable bc I usually wear flats)

I keep telling her that walking on the sand with a shoe with any type of heel and then standing there for 20 mins with them on will be uncomfortable.

Any feedback from past brides on this?

Ladies need your advice. My mom and I keep arguing over the "shoe option" for the ceremony. Our ceremony will be on the beach. My first fitting for my dress is April 25th so I have to bring the shoe I'm going to wear. Right now I have two pairs. A flat sandal and my mom bought me a high wedge shoe ( which is adorable but uncomfortable bc I usually wear flats)

I keep telling her that walking on the sand with a shoe with any type of heel and then standing there for 20 mins with them on will be uncomfortable.

Any feedback from past brides on this?

I didn't wear shoes at all!  I made barefoot jewelry and wore that for the ceremony and photos.  I had a pair of wedge sandals that I wore for the reception.  My sisters all went barefoot also and I don't think they even put on shoes for the reception or dancing!  You want your feet to be comfortable, and walking in the sand with shoes that are uncomfortable is not a good idea.  My verdict: Skip the shoes for the ceremony.  Maybe wear them for the reception (and then switch to your flat sandals for the dancing).

Glad I could provide some perspective.

Speakers are included for the ceremony.  The minister speaks through a mic which you will then use for your vows.  We used an ipod and Ramon ensured the correct songs were played as the bridesmaids and bride walked down the aisle, and for the recessional. 

We used our own speaker system for the dinner and dance.  We had a playlist created and my husband pressed play and we went from there and did not need to change any songs.

I hope that answers at least part of your question.

What speaker system did you use for the dinner and dance? How many guest did you have again? Was it loud enough? I want to bring down my own but do not know if it will for 50 guests...

What speaker system did you use for the dinner and dance? How many guest did you have again? Was it loud enough? I want to bring down my own but do not know if it will for 50 guests...

We had a JBL wireless, bluetooth speaker.  We had 20 people and it was loud enough for dinner and just barely loud enough for dancing.  I bought the system at Costco.  It was perfect for us because it was small enough to put in our luggage and we didn't have to worry about plugging it in.  We also loved it because it operated on bluetooth - so we used our phones wirelessly to play the music.

I seen a past posting about having the front desk hand out welcome letters for free when guests checked in. I have guests that are staying preferred and guests staying in normal rooms. Does anyone know if I would still be able to have them hand out letters for both and if I have to have the names on each one?

We got the UE Boom bluetooth wireless speaker for the cocktail/dinner/reception- it sounds super loud- hoping that it will be good enough!

Hi Ladies

My wedding is 6 weeks away and I'm getting so excited. I completed my pre-travel mailer this weekend and am getting ready to send out this week!

The content of the pre-travel mailer are as follows:

1. Letter from myself and my fiancé getting everyone excited for the trip2

2. 1 luggage tag per person for their luggage

3. 1 CD with Beachy/Vacation songs to get everyone pumped for the trip

4. 1 brochure made on vista print with information about traveling, dress code, resort information,etc.

Lastly we made the packets that we are going to include in the OOT bags which include:

- Tylenol

- Pepto Bismo

- Shout Wipes

- Emergen-C

- Colgate wisp mini toothbrush

-8 pack of bandaids

- Tums

If you would like further details on any of the photos, contents please let me know!

post-275068-0-84013200-1397572331_thumb.jpg

post-275068-0-84267500-1397572341_thumb.jpg

post-275068-0-26639000-1397572352_thumb.jpg

post-275068-0-55149000-1397572363_thumb.jpg

post-275068-0-33976600-1397572378_thumb.jpg

post-275068-0-32432500-1397572387_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Hi Ladies

My wedding is 6 weeks away and I'm getting so excited. I completed my pre-travel mailer this weekend and am getting ready to send out this week!

The content of the pre-travel mailer are as follows:

1. Letter from myself and my fiancé getting everyone excited for the trip2

2. 1 luggage tag per person for their luggage

3. 1 CD with Beachy/Vacation songs to get everyone pumped for the trip

4. 1 brochure made on vista print with information about traveling, dress code, resort information,etc.

Lastly we made the packets that we are going to include in the OOT bags which include:

- Tylenol

- Pepto Bismo

- Shout Wipes

- Emergen-C

- Colgate wisp mini toothbrush

-8 pack of bandaids

- Tums

If you would like further details on any of the photos, contents please let me know!

Those turned out very nice! How hard was the Vistaprint brochure to make? That is my next project!

@@zeman321

It did take about 2 hours but that was more getting the content/formatting right. It wasn't hard just tedious but my FI and I had fun doing it.

I attached pics of our brochure so if you want to zoom in and print out you can use the verbiage/layout if you like it!

@@zeman321 If you need me to take a close up picture of the brochure I can. Just PM me.

post-275068-0-96063500-1397591333_thumb.jpg

post-275068-0-15672500-1397591679_thumb.jpg

• Like 1