Now Sapphire Weddings Formerly Paradisus Riviera

Does anyone know if Ramon is still there? I know they have a new guy named Juan but Anel never answered if Ramon was still with the resort. My wedding is 1 month away and I don't want to deal with a new person :(

Ramon was our WC late November.  I will be sad to hear if he is gone.  I hope not!  Though I am sure Juan will also be wonderful.  They all know what they are doing.

Edited by DinaQtobe

Does anyone know if Ramon is still there? I know they have a new guy named Juan but Anel never answered if Ramon was still with the resort. My wedding is 1 month away and I don't want to deal with a new person :(

Ramon was there the last week of January, when we were there. I dealt with Anel the whole time and then Ramon at the very end..they all communicate VERY well with each other and it Seems, from talking to Ramon randomly, that you have to have a lot of wedding coordinating experience before they consider you to work there. So I imagine Juan also knows what he's doing...and since he's new, he will probably go wayyyyy overboard haha just a thought :) I know you're nervous, but I promise you that they all know what they're doing and wonderful at it. I'm shocked that they have 2-3 weddings a day and pay so much detail to each one. I was sooo nervous before but the communication when you get there is like night and day from the email communication. I hardly filled out that wedding planner thing, which I was scared about...when you get there they make sure it's EXACTLY how you want, every detail. They'll even suggest things that'll go together more. I was shocked that they weren't trying to up sell everything! I was thinking of getting bows on the gold chairs and he's like "I think the chairs themselves will look better" he could've made more money but instead did what he thought would look best, he did this with a lot of things and it made me feel so much better.

Ramon was there the last week of January, when we were there. I dealt with Anel the whole time and then Ramon at the very end..they all communicate VERY well with each other and it Seems, from talking to Ramon randomly, that you have to have a lot of wedding coordinating experience before they consider you to work there. So I imagine Juan also knows what he's doing...and since he's new, he will probably go wayyyyy overboard haha just a thought :) I know you're nervous, but I promise you that they all know what they're doing and wonderful at it. I'm shocked that they have 2-3 weddings a day and pay so much detail to each one. I was sooo nervous before but the communication when you get there is like night and day from the email communication. I hardly filled out that wedding planner thing, which I was scared about...when you get there they make sure it's EXACTLY how you want, every detail. They'll even suggest things that'll go together more. I was shocked that they weren't trying to up sell everything! I was thinking of getting bows on the gold chairs and he's like "I think the chairs themselves will look better" he could've made more money but instead did what he thought would look best, he did this with a lot of things and it made me feel so much better.

I will try to remain positive :), but I'm a professional wedding planner here in the states so managing my expectations is difficult (I can admit that!) but I have my wedding designed to a tee and there are alot of things I need to know if they offer at the local resort like blue curacao liquer or if they can dye roses horizon blue becuase I want to have a signature drink and a specific flower arrangement...and of course I want to know these things before I arrive at the resort , I don't want to arrive there and find out a few days before my wedding that they can't do something. Oh well I will keep emailng and calling them daily until I get an answer, you would think that if a bride is spending $35k in room bookings alone I would get better service.

The ladies that were married recently, did you keep your planning fairly simple or did you have alot of details?

I will try to remain positive :), but I'm a professional wedding planner here in the states so managing my expectations is difficult (I can admit that!) but I have my wedding designed to a tee and there are alot of things I need to know if they offer at the local resort like blue curacao liquer or if they can dye roses horizon blue becuase I want to have a signature drink and a specific flower arrangement...and of course I want to know these things before I arrive at the resort , I don't want to arrive there and find out a few days before my wedding that they can't do something. Oh well I will keep emailng and calling them daily until I get an answer, you would think that if a bride is spending $35k in room bookings alone I would get better service.

The ladies that were married recently, did you keep your planning fairly simple or did you have alot of details?

I completely understand your frustration and I hope you can get all of your answers shortly!! Can't wait to see pics of your wedding, sounds like it's going to be incredible :)

Ladies,

I'm finally back. I haven't been able to access my account since they changed it. I'm getting married in less than four months!! June 19th. I was starting to fill out my forms to send down as I want to get things together.

Vanessa, do you happen to do know the size of the round tables down there? Or anyone for the fact. I was trying to do my seating chart with my guest list is pretty final, but some tables I only have 6 people at and want to make sure that would be okay. 

Also has anyone else moved their cocktail hour to the night before for the welcome dinner? I wrote asking them, but having heard back. 

So I'm hearing rehearsals aren't necessary. Is that the case? 

I'm so excited I cannot believe we are getting so close. Any other June brides here? 

Also is anyone who had their wedding down there give their guest plastic tumblers? If so how did they work and did your guests use them? We are thinking about it but want to know if it will be worth bringing them in our suit cases. 

Thanks

Megan

Ladies,

I'm finally back. I haven't been able to access my account since they changed it. I'm getting married in less than four months!! June 19th. I was starting to fill out my forms to send down as I want to get things together.

Vanessa, do you happen to do know the size of the round tables down there? Or anyone for the fact. I was trying to do my seating chart with my guest list is pretty final, but some tables I only have 6 people at and want to make sure that would be okay. 

Also has anyone else moved their cocktail hour to the night before for the welcome dinner? I wrote asking them, but having heard back. 

So I'm hearing rehearsals aren't necessary. Is that the case? 

I'm so excited I cannot believe we are getting so close. Any other June brides here? 

Also is anyone who had their wedding down there give their guest plastic tumblers? If so how did they work and did your guests use them? We are thinking about it but want to know if it will be worth bringing them in our suit cases. 

Thanks

Megan

We didn't have a rehersal and I don't think it was necessary.  Everything went very well.  If you have guests that haven't been to many weddings explain to them what they need to do.  It's pretty simple.

We gave out personalized plastic tumbler mugs.  We were married in November and it was not busy at all.  There were no lines for drinks and we had exceptional service the entire time.  I think for this reason very few people used their tumbler (even I didn't use my own!)  Everyone thought they were very cool.   We gave them out as a thank you gift for coming to the wedding.  We use ours now that we are home.

Does anyonw know the size of the chairs with the white covers on them? I am trying to figure out fabric for my chair sashes/covers and need to know height of top of chair from where seat is and up. wasnt' sure if anyone knew these dimensions.

Thanks