Now Sapphire Weddings Formerly Paradisus Riviera

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureMrsBlaze View Post

I'm having such a hard time deciding on whether or not to go w/the resort's photographers! I feel like I've read both positive and negative things. Anyone have any recent experience w/them??!! Does anyone knoe the name of the company? Thank you!!!

I used both the onsite (for the rehearsal) and an offsite (wedding). I agree - you really want to go offsite - and many of them are the same price or less. Ours ended up being less going offsite. Here are the links to both of my sets of pictures. The onsite folks (Adventure Photography) wasn't awful but there is an artistic quality missing. Also, there was a bride who posted a link to her pictures from them back in May or June and they were shockingly awful. It was actually based on that review that I then choose Amorcito Corazon Studio, which I couldn't recommend more highly.  Here are the links:

Adventure Photos:  IMG_0274

Amorcito Corazon Studio (slideshow): http://schroeder.amorcitocorazonstudio.com/

If you want to see the full set of pictures from Amorcito Corazon, message me and I'll share the link/passcode.

Hi Everyone, I am a newbie here! I am very excited to have chosen this resort for our wedding next August!! I had some questions for Anel before we made our decision and she replied relatively quickly (a day or 2) but I sent in the credit card authorization and all of the info needed to reserve the date and I have not heard from her in 2 weeks. I sent another email asking if everything was accepted and to let me know what was going on 3 days ago and still no word on anything. I realize she is very busy, but I just want to reserve the wedding so I can move on and start planning other things. Can anyone tell me if this is normal or should I be worried? I don't want to be a pain but family and friends are asking and I don't know what to tell them! Thanks for any and all advice Megan

Hi everyone, I am new here, and we are so excited to have decided on now sapphire for our wedding in august of next year!! Before we decided I had some questions and Anel was great about getting back to me relatively quickly (1 or 2 days). I sent in the credit card authorization form to book the wedding date along with the necessary documents (ID and credit card). It has been over 2 weeks and have not received anything from her. Four days ago I sent another email asking if she received the documents, if everything was filled out correctly, if the date was booked for us, or if we needed to do anything else. I still have not heard back from her on anything. I am starting to freak out because I want to get the wedding date booked so I can move on and start working on other things. I know she is VERY busy with weddings all the time, I just don't know if this is typical. I don't want to be a pain but friends and family are asking and I don't know what to tell them! Any advice/insight is helpful! Thank you! Megan

Quote:
Originally Posted by megmcd412 View Post

Hi everyone,
I am new here, and we are so excited to have decided on now sapphire for our wedding in august of next year!! Before we decided I had some questions and Anel was great about getting back to me relatively quickly (1 or 2 days). I sent in the credit card authorization form to book the wedding date along with the necessary documents (ID and credit card). It has been over 2 weeks and have not received anything from her. Four days ago I sent another email asking if she received the documents, if everything was filled out correctly, if the date was booked for us, or if we needed to do anything else. I still have not heard back from her on anything. I am starting to freak out because I want to get the wedding date booked so I can move on and start working on other things. I know she is VERY busy with weddings all the time, I just don't know if this is typical. I don't want to be a pain but friends and family are asking and I don't know what to tell them! Any advice/insight is helpful!
Thank you!

Megan

Hi Megan,

I would say stay patient. Even though Anel responded with about 10 days to mine I have heard other people have waited a bit longer. I would hold out until about 3 weeks and then maybe try to call her if you have that ability. Know she is on top of things, but sometimes I think she gets more busy then not. Are you using a travel agent, if so you could always work with them to try and contact her as well. 

It's a very exciting and nerve raking time. Hang in there you have lots of time to get things rolling. Good Luck!

Megan

Completely agree.  I recently emailed Anel asking if we could change our date due to my fiance's cousin picking the same date as us (he announced his before we had announced).  She took a couple of weeks to get back to me even though she was VERY quick to respond at first.  If she knew the date you were wanting, chances are she penciled you in even before you sent in the credit card information.  Keep an eye on the website calendar in the meantime and see if that date/time stays open.

Quote:

Originally Posted by meganwitt View Post

Hi Megan,

I would say stay patient. Even though Anel responded with about 10 days to mine I have heard other people have waited a bit longer. I would hold out until about 3 weeks and then maybe try to call her if you have that ability. Know she is on top of things, but sometimes I think she gets more busy then not. Are you using a travel agent, if so you could always work with them to try and contact her as well. 

It's a very exciting and nerve raking time. Hang in there you have lots of time to get things rolling. Good Luck!

Megan

Quote:
Originally Posted by megmcd412 View Post

Hi everyone,
I am new here, and we are so excited to have decided on now sapphire for our wedding in august of next year!! Before we decided I had some questions and Anel was great about getting back to me relatively quickly (1 or 2 days). I sent in the credit card authorization form to book the wedding date along with the necessary documents (ID and credit card). It has been over 2 weeks and have not received anything from her. Four days ago I sent another email asking if she received the documents, if everything was filled out correctly, if the date was booked for us, or if we needed to do anything else. I still have not heard back from her on anything. I am starting to freak out because I want to get the wedding date booked so I can move on and start working on other things. I know she is VERY busy with weddings all the time, I just don't know if this is typical. I don't want to be a pain but friends and family are asking and I don't know what to tell them! Any advice/insight is helpful!
Thank you!

Megan

I felt the same way while waiting to hear about my daughter's date! I would give it a few more days and then try to call her or have your travel agent call for you. 

Hi everyone, I am new here, and we are so excited to have decided on now sapphire for our wedding in august of next year!! Before we decided I had some questions and Anel was great about getting back to me relatively quickly (1 or 2 days). I sent in the credit card authorization form to book the wedding date along with the necessary documents (ID and credit card). It has been over 2 weeks and have not received anything from her. Four days ago I sent another email asking if she received the documents, if everything was filled out correctly, if the date was booked for us, or if we needed to do anything else. I still have not heard back from her on anything. I am starting to freak out because I want to get the wedding date booked so I can move on and start working on other things. I know she is VERY busy with weddings all the time, I just don't know if this is typical. I don't want to be a pain but friends and family are asking and I don't know what to tell them! Any advice/insight is helpful! Thank you! Megan
In my experience Anel has been more responsive Mon-Wed since these days are not as busy with weddings. My travel agent has been sending my questions to her directly and tries to give her a deadline since my wedding planning has been contingent on her responses. She has really been pretty quick getting back to me except very recently I haven't heard anything so she must be super busy. Don't worry it will all be worth it and she always gives me the answers I want! Stick with it :)