Now Sapphire Weddings Formerly Paradisus Riviera

Hi Ladies, Thanks for all the tips and details. I love this website because as we all know Anel is a very busy lady.  I do have a question for past and current brides if anyone did a welcome dinner? I was first thinking of just meeting at the Lobby bar after rehearsal and having people go wherever for dinner, but I'm no thinking dinner together might be nice. I think I really would be okay with just blocking off a section in the buffet even, but I think we would enjoy having everyone together before the big night.  Have a wonderful week ladies!
I did a Welcoming Party. It was an all you can eat barbeque buffet and open bar for two hours. The food was great and it was a private affair. It came with a hefty cost of $2000 for 46 people.

Originally Posted by meganwitt View Post

Hi Ladies,

Thanks for all the tips and details. I love this website because as we all know Anel is a very busy lady. 

I do have a question for past and current brides if anyone did a welcome dinner? I was first thinking of just meeting at the Lobby bar after rehearsal and having people go wherever for dinner, but I'm no thinking dinner together might be nice. I think I really would be okay with just blocking off a section in the buffet even, but I think we would enjoy having everyone together before the big night. 

Have a wonderful week ladies!

Hello,

I did a rehersal dinner the night before the wedding for the family and wedding party.  There were 25 people and they had a special on for $25/pp.  Set up was beautiful, there was a bar off to the side set up and they served wine we flew in with us for no corckage fee .. I thought it was really nice and really well done, but it entirely depends on your budget.  At $25 pp it wasnt too bad and gave us some good time in a setting that was a little more intimate than the wedding day.

Ok, this is a weird request but I've bought extra wide organza ribbon to use as chair bows, so I have to cut it myself (and will probably go ahead and tie the bows so all they have to do is slide on)...does anyone know how wide the basic chairs are - the ones that come included in the packages?  I am thinking about 16 inches which is pretty standard. 

Anel just emailed me and told me its 1,000. I'm bummed I was really wanting that but there's no way that will fit our budget.
Is using poles the only way to hang lanterns on tequila terrace? I was hoping to find a way around that to attach strings and hang them on that. I'm trying to look at pictures to get a better idea.

Have anyone had a lot of children at their weddings. We picked this resort because it was kid friendly and most of our guests are making this a family vacation but we now have many small children attending and we're trying to think of a way to make the dinner pleasant for the adults and for the kids too. I'm aware of the extra charges for the kids plate and seats because we are well over our allotted 25 seats for our package. Any ideas or recommendations. The kids range from ages from 1-14. We are also aware of the Explorers Club s end core zone. Has anyone used any of the certified babysitters available?

Originally Posted by CAmomofbride View Post

Have anyone had a lot of children at their weddings. We picked this resort because it was kid friendly and most of our guests are making this a family vacation but we now have many small children attending and we're trying to think of a way to make the dinner pleasant for the adults and for the kids too. I'm aware of the extra charges for the kids plate and seats because we are well over our allotted 25 seats for our package. Any ideas or recommendations. The kids range from ages from 1-14. We are also aware of the Explorers Club s end core zone. Has anyone used any of the certified babysitters available?

We had several kids who came with their families for the wedding.  My sister in law used the certified babysitter (in her hotel room) for about 4 of the nights they were there for her 2 year old son.  No problems at all.  My 4 year old and 8 year old nephew went to the exploreres club both the night of the rehersal dinner and the wedding.  They give you a pager in case the kids cry/ need you and then you can just run over and check on them.  Overall everyone was happy with the arrangement and we had no children at the actual wedding reception.  Everyone was happy!

Originally Posted by Shay0817 View Post

I did a Welcoming Party. It was an all you can eat barbeque buffet and open bar for two hours. The food was great and it was a private affair. It came with a hefty cost of $2000 for 46 people.

WOW...you just helped me scratch off an event from my list!!!!

Originally Posted by tschooley View Post

I saw on your pictures that you had paper lanterns strung over the terrace.. I really like that look. Did you bring that or rent the decoration from there?if so how much was it

Originally Posted by bbbride View Post

The paper lantern set up is $1,000 no that's not a typo. 3 zeros ladies.

I wanted it too until I saw the fee. No way i could squeeze a grand out of my budget.

You might be able to bring your own lanterns but you would need the resort to set up the poles/ strings etc

Hey ladies! I'm a happily married newlywed that lives down here in Playa Del Carmen, and I have some paper lanterns that I bought for my wedding in May that I could rent out to you. The only catch is you'd have to tell your WC that you brought them yourself to avoid the outside vendor fees. You'd also have to have the resort agree to hang them for you.

$1,000 is totally outrageous for paper lanterns, criminal actually! Wedding prices down here are so ridiculous. I can rent 45 of my paper lanterns out with lights that hang inside for under $200. PM me if you'd like more info! 

Originally Posted by maallgood View Post

$1000 for how many strands of paper lanterns and how many poles did they set up for you?

Originally Posted by zeman321 View Post

$1000 is crazy to hang some lanterns.....I guess we'll do without!

Hey ladies! Have a look at my post above if you'd like to rent some paper lanterns from me for MUCH less than the resort is charging. Congrats to all of you on your upcoming weddings! :D