Now Sapphire Weddings Formerly Paradisus Riviera

Thanks Teresa! It was a perfect day, I wish I could do it again :) I made our menus, they matched the invites we did (all from Wedding Paper Divas). I have seen some on here that have been done with Vistaprint though and looked nice, and that would be cheaper than what we paid!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teresa23 View Post

Joda,

Thank you so much! Your pictures are beautiful; it looks like you had the perfect day. Did you make your own menus or did the resort provide those? It is such a nice detail!

Matt, I feel like I am following you around now to look at pictures you posted of my wedding haha! But thanks for putting some in this thread too, it is such a beautiful resort but doesn't seem to get as much notice as others and I am not sure why. Your pictures show off this lovely venue, and hopefully will get upcoming brides excited about what is in store for them!

Originally Posted by Matt Adcock View Post

Hola Jodi... thanks for posting the slideshow... I just wanted to follow up with a few details and moments that I love love love... such an amazing love story and precious moments everywhere... here are a few I like:

del_sol_photography_now_sapphire_013.JPG

del_sol_photography_now_sapphire_014.JPG

del_sol_photography_now_sapphire_015.JPG

First look... his smile is priceless.

del_sol_photography_now_sapphire_016.JPG

This is an EPIC bride portrait... wow

del_sol_photography_now_sapphire_017.JPG

This is so cute that its all 3 of you holding hands, very symbolic and a priceless moment...

del_sol_photography_now_sapphire_018.JPG

wow, how cute is this snap?   

del_sol_photography_now_sapphire_019.JPG

del_sol_photography_now_sapphire_020.JPG

Amazing colors in the sky, you photograph like models on a movie set...wowsa!

del_sol_photography_now_sapphire_021.JPG

del_sol_photography_now_sapphire_022.JPG

Hope you like :)

joda,

Such BEAUTIFUL pics!!!!   I'm so happy you got to see them!!   :-))

Originally Posted by joda View Post

Oh, and I finally have pictures to share! Love, love, love del Sol and would recommend them to anybody :)
[=http://delsolphotography.com/blog/content/galleries/?gal=678][/]

Have Fun RFinger!!!!  Best Wishes to you on your day!!!!!!

:-)))

Originally Posted by RFinger View Post

I know it took me a little while to hear from Anel and I was surprised that when I did hear from her that she never received my planning form so I got that sent again.  She did confirm that she received it and also sent me back confirmation of the private transfers...

Our taxi is picking us up at 4:45 AM tomorrow and we should be at Now Sapphire around 1ish.  

Hi Noxx,

What joda said is dead on!

I like the gazebo surrounded by the pool (not the chess board gazebo) but if you want private then that is not the route to take.  Pretty much any location you choose (unless you pick the ballroom) is not going to be completely private.  I got really concerned with privacy during my planning too but to be honest when the day came and I actually went through with everything, I don't think I noticed a single on looker....it just didn't bother me at all.

Did you want to do a beach wedding?...or something other than a beach?

-Amy

Hi Noxx,

I am not Amy, but I will answer anyway! Our wedding was booked (and took place) on the Tequila Beach. But we went around with Ramon to discuss a plan if there happened to be rain. One of the backups in case of rain was the gazebo you are talking about, which does normally have large chess pieces on it. I will attach a picture, although it's not very good, to try and give you an idea of where it is located. In the front you will see the pool gazebo, and behind that another dome. That is the "chess gazebo". So if you are in the gazebo, to the left you have the lobby bar, to the right where they hold the event nights, and right in front the pool. He said they have a blind thing that they pull down to try and block as many people as possible from the lobby bar area, but it is still completely open pool side, which I really didn't like. Especially as if people gather there, they will all be behind you in your pictures! Unless they block them, but I don't see how they would do that, because that is the only way to get around on that side of the pool. He also said they would turn off the pool/lobby music during the ceremony, but you would still have all the shouting, etc from the pool.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a2da08b3127cceffaeb2e58f7500000010O00AYtW7Nu4ZN2IPbz4C/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

The other option we were given was actually really private, but you won't have the beach feel at all, and I guess it may not work depending on how many people you have at your wedding. But we were discussing the ball room in case of rain (which is MASSIVE) and right outside of the room you have an open space that has a bunch of trees on one side, and then a big wooden lattice "wall" in front. The other side is open, to the hallway, but hardly anyone ever walks there, so it would be really private. And it was actually quite pretty, so it was definitely what I was going to use if there was rain. I don't have any pictures of it, but you could probably get Ramon or Anel to send you one. Or maybe you could rope RFinger into taking one for you cheesy.gif

For me, I wanted to be married on the beach, that's why we picked a destination wedding in Mexico. The location is not totally private, but there were really not that many onlookers, and anyone who was walking along the beach was directed up and around us so as not to get in pictures. And I was told this before I got married, and didn't believe it, but I really didn't notice the other people while the ceremony was going on, so to me it was no problem! I am a very private person, but it really was no big deal.

Anyway, that's two cents, hopefully it helps you a bit.

Anyway, my two cents.

Originally Posted by Noxx View Post

Amy G,

I just booked my wedding for April 2013. We were looking at the Gazebos but cant seem to find any good pictures of them. The only one that tends to pop up are pictures of the one in the pool. Can you please tell me if the gazebos are good enough for a wedding. i believe the one we like is surrounded by water, it might possibly even have a chess board in it?? Any suggestions on the best most private ceremony site?

Any suggestions or pics are appreciated

Hi Teresa23, see my comments below....   :-)

Originally Posted by Teresa23 View Post

Hi everyone,

This website and all of you have been so helpful as I plan for my June 2, 2012 wedding at NOW Sapphire. (I can't believe it is so close!)  I plan to write a complete post, from planning to the big day, once we return.

In the meantime, I have a few unanswered questions. I'd appreciate any insight any of you have to offer:

1. Are the slats on the Tequila Terrace so large that heels will actually fall in? I noticed that some past brides were planning to wear flats but if I wear heels am I really risking it?  Since my event was not on the Tequila Terrace I am not sure. BUT I did dine on this deck for dinner one night....with heels on....and I was not comfortable falling through the slats.   :-/  

I would definitely recommend you warn your guests about this.

2. Is there an overhang on the Tequila Terrace? I have a bunch of paper lanterns that I want to hang.  Sorry I didn't take notice since my event was not in this location.

3. Did they charge you for EVERY little detail? We are bringing our own bows (we got them for just $.59 each!), table runners, centerpieces, paper lanterns, candles, etc. Will they charge us to put all of this out?  I brought my own centerpieces and decorations and they did not charge me at all for the set up.  I did not bring down chair bows so I am not sure about them.

4. We'd like to get our stuff back. Did any of you bring your own things (like centerpieces, candles, etc.) and if so, were they returned to you?  They took all of my decorations down after my event and I picked them up from the wedding department office the next day with no problems.

5. I noticed that some brides at NOW Jade provided their wedding planner with a "map" of how they'd like the area laid out. Did any of you do this? Was it necessary? If you didn't do this do you feel like the wedding team at NOW Sapphire was able to "see your vision" for your day?  During my meeting and walk through of the locations I told Ramon how I preferred the set up and he took notes and executed it perfectly.

6. Some past Tequila Terrace brides have mentioned that wedding parties and guests from the Beach Terrace cut through their area. Is there a way to prevent this from happening? I know there is another wedding on June 2.  I am not really sure how this could happen since there is no reason for those on the Beach Terrace to walk over to the Tequila Terrace, there is nothing over there for them to go to.  The Tequila Terrace is off of the buffet restaurant. 

I was a Beach Terrace bride and we never even glanced over to the event on the Tequila Terrace.  The only time we came in contact with them was in the lobby and night club after both parties ended.  I would not worry about this at all.

7. What do you WISH you'd done that you overlooked or didn't even know was an option?  This is a tough question because I was so happy with my whole event.  I had a few minor hiccups but it didn't effect the overall experience.  If I had to say something it would be that I wish I had opted for a longer video.  We absolutely loved the video that came with our package but it only featured us getting ready and the ceremony.  When we watch the video now it really brings us back to those special moments.  Some of my guests took some very 'priceless' video footage of the reception and after party that will keep us laughing for years so it would have been nice to get a lot more footage of that.  Other than that I would not have changed a thing!   :-))))

Thank you!

T.

Thank you Amy & Joda  for your feedback.

I am torn on where i should have my ceremony. I dont want  it to be out in the open like the pool that is for sure. I actually really like the idea of the beach however my fiance hates the idea of having on lookers in our pictures and so on. I know we cant stop that especially with a destination wedding. I was thinking of having my cocktail hour and reception at the tequilla terrece. This seems to be a popular choice. Which beach location did you choose? I like the beach terrece for a reception or even the tequilla deck. 

which photo package did you choose?we are debating if we should bring down our own photographer rather than using the resorts. Its almost the same price depending on the package.  Did you do any upgrades ie dj, dance floor? 

Hi Noxx, Did you see I posted a link to my wedding pictures on the previous page? If you go through you will see there were no onlookers in our photos, there a few where you can see people in the background (out on each side of the beach) but they are actually pretty far away. I know at some resorts you basically have lounge chairs a few feet away from the wedding, but that is not the case here. Have a look and you will see. We did the tequila beach for the ceremony and tequila terrace for cocktail hour/reception. We used outside photographers (delsol) and only had to pay a day pass for them. We also hired DJ Doremixx, but didn't do the dance floor.

Thank you Amy & Joda  for your feedback. I am torn on where i should have my ceremony. I dont want  it to be out in the open like the pool that is for sure. I actually really like the idea of the beach however my fiance hates the idea of having on lookers in our pictures and so on. I know we cant stop that especially with a destination wedding. I was thinking of having my cocktail hour and reception at the tequilla terrece. This seems to be a popular choice. Which beach location did you choose? I like the beach terrece for a reception or even the tequilla deck.  which photo package did you choose?we are debating if we should bring down our own photographer rather than using the resorts. Its almost the same price depending on the package.  Did you do any upgrades ie dj, dance floor? 

Hi Noxx,

Did you see I posted a link to my wedding pictures on the previous page? If you go through you will see there were no onlookers in our photos, there a few where you can see people in the background (out on each side of the beach) but they are actually pretty far away. I know at some resorts you basically have lounge chairs a few feet away from the wedding, but that is not the case here. Have a look and you will see.

We did the tequila beach for the ceremony and tequila terrace for cocktail hour/reception. We used outside photographers (delsol) and only had to pay a day pass for them. We also hired DJ Doremixx, but didn't do the dance floor.

Your pictures are beautiful! May i ask how much your photographer was? we a debating on bring down our own guy or just getting someone there.  I have thought more about our ceremony and i think we will end up doing the same as you having everything at the Tequilla Terrece. i was also thinking about getting a Dj the reception is only 3 hours long? did you find this to be enough time or should i pay to have it extended? Sorry for all the questions

Originally Posted by LTLFAITHY View Post

Hello Brides (and Grooms)~

So, my fiance and I have been looking and looking (and looking and looking) and we have FINALLY decided on a location for our destination wedding! We are both super excited about getting married at Now Sapphire ~ 4/27/13. I'll admit that I read all 29 pages of this thread today, and I am so excited to have such a fantastic resource! I feel so much better knowing that there are other Now Sapphire brides I'll be able to communicate with over the next year of planning!!     

Congrats LTLFAITHY!!!

I am getting married on 4/8/13 we chose the devine package and are having the reception and cocktail hour at the tequilla terrece. I believe our ceremony will be there also. 

What have you chose? Are you having a Dj or paying for a dance floor, centerpieces or photographer?