Now Sapphire Weddings Formerly Paradisus Riviera

Hey shannonmarie, we only paid $100 for the additional hour.  Perhaps since we had the wedding package they charge less for add ons, so definitely look into that.   :-)

Originally Posted by shannonmarie View Post

Sorry Amy! I think I answered my own question. I just found the price listed under additional services. It looks like it's $250. Thank you!!

Hi TauraSmith,  I just wanted to say CONGRATS!! 

I did not fill out the witness pages because I did not have a 'legal mexico' wedding so I can not answer that question for you, but since your day is so far out, I would think that they do not need that info right away.  They probably wont even look at it until your day gets closer.  Maybe other girls/guys on here can you assist you better.   :-)

Happy Planning!!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by TauruSmith View Post

Just received the wedding planning form to return. Does anyone know if I have to fill out the pages with the witnesses, etc right now? Or just the first page with the deposit?

Originally Posted by TauruSmith View Post

We just sent in the wedding request form last night. Hoping Now Sapphire has May 18, 2013 open for us! I can't wait to start planning!!!

I'm from Boston! I've been living out here for 4.5 years.

Thanks for sharing the name of your travel agent. Is there a limit on how many free nights you can get? 

Yes it depends on several things and your contract So exciting that you settled on now sapphire. I think that's probably the hardest decision

Amy and Joda, thank you for all of the information! That was very helpful!

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmyG View Post

Hi Vanessa56,

I also had the Divine package and so yes it did come with 24 pics, the photobook with 24 pics in it and the photographer for 1 hour. 

This is what I decided to do when I got there....since you only have the photographer for one hour as part of the package I decided to add him for an extra hour.  He arrived in my room about 30 minutes prior to the ceremony to get shots of me and bridesmaids as we got ready, then he shot us going to the ceremony (meeting up with my dad), then the whole ceremony, then the group/family shots, then our couples shots (which we were alone with him) and then part of the cocktail hour...so in total we had him for 2 hours.  I did not need him during the dinner & reception because my sister happens to be a photographer so she took great shots of all that.  Plus, sooo many of my guests snapped pics that whole time so I got so many pics from them.

A few days after the wedding I had a meeting with the photographer, he had gone through all of the photos he took (there were hundreds) he took out the bad ones (blinking eyes, bad lighting, etc.) and touched up the rest of them leaving approx. 240 photos.  He had us look through every single photo so we could get an idea of his work...they were Awesome!  He then told us that we could select 24 to have and for the photo book...at that time he showed us upgraded packages we could purchase...we went with the highest package which was to purchase every all of 240 photos on the cd and the upgraded photo book which had 80 photos in it....it cost $499.00.   I can't remember if the online slideshow came with the wedding package or not but we got that too.  I was so pleased with his photos so I knew I wanted all of them, plus he got shots that no one else got from different angles at the ceremony and then our couples shots which no guests or family were allowed to be there for.  There were other packages that cost less...one was $299 and one was $399 I believe.  I guess it all depends on how many pics you want and how many you get from other guests. 

As far as the sun setting....I believe that Day Light Savings in Mexico is on April 1st and the sun sets around 7:00pm, so basically your ceremony would fall at the same time of lighting that mine did....it was a beautiful time of night!!   

Towards the end of the photographer taking our shots, he got a little concerned with the lighting.  We definitely got all the beach shots we wanted but we didnt get as many resort ones like in the beautiful lobby, near the fountains, etc. just because of the lower lighting.  So if those shots are important to you then be sure to let him know that you want them so then he can be prepared and cut your beach ones a little shorter.

Please let me know if you have any other questions and I woudd love to help you out....I know Joda will too!!   Believe me I know the feeling going in and this forum really helped me a lot!

Quote:

Thank you!!!....I went with the Divine package. 

I basically told them that I wanted a centerpiece with birds of paradise in it (which is my favorite flower) and they created that floral centerpiece.  

I brought down with me the black iron candle holders (purchased at Pier 1 Imports) and the pink & green large leaves. 

They can basically do anything you want though...they are very accomodating and it would probably help if you bring a picture of what you have in mind. 

For my bridal bouquet I just wanted them to stick with my color scheme which was hot pink, lime green and orange and I was very pleased with the results.  I realized that my bouquet didn't even look like any of the options they show in the wedding planning packet.

Originally Posted by LTLFAITHY View Post

@ AmyG~

What package did you guys go with? Your centerpieces are beautiful, and not like anything I've seen in the information that Now Sapphire has sent me..................................

I just want to say thank you to all of you. I just turned in my papers and deposit for my wedding. We will be getting married on Feb 15, 2013. Now just waiting on getting our TA to call and say our pricing is done. She said it wont be until end of May. FI wants to know how is perferred club? A lot of our guests drink Captain do we have to get perferred club because of this. Also are chair sahes included with ungraded packages. Thank you in advance. Hopefully might take a trip down there when FI isn't in the fields.

Thank you SO much for all the info!! I really appreciate it!! Are you going to post some more pictures?! 

Originally Posted by AmyG View Post

Thank you!!!....I went with the Divine package. 

I basically told them that I wanted a centerpiece with birds of paradise in it (which is my favorite flower) and they created that floral centerpiece.  

I brought down with me the black iron candle holders (purchased at Pier 1 Imports) and the pink & green large leaves. 

They can basically do anything you want though...they are very accomodating and it would probably help if you bring a picture of what you have in mind. 

For my bridal bouquet I just wanted them to stick with my color scheme which was hot pink, lime green and orange and I was very pleased with the results.  I realized that my bouquet didn't even look like any of the options they show in the wedding planning packet.