Now Sapphire Weddings Formerly Paradisus Riviera

Hi HeatherViolet,

In the Divine package, it includes 2 hours of DJ service so I will be using it for the reception.  I may only have a three hour reception so I would only need to get one addtional hour.  I will be having a cocktail hour prior to the reception, but I might use an IPod for that hour.  I figured we will all go to the nightclub after all of that.

-Amy

Originally Posted by HeatherViolet View Post

Amy-

With the resort's DJ.... here is a dumb question.  Is that included in the Devine package for a part of the time?  You mentioned you were going to pay for additional hours.  I think it woudl be fun to have the DJ on the beach instead of hauling everyone into the nightclub!

magirl,

Thank you for this review!!

That is unfortunate that the other bride's guests put a damper on your event.  Besides that, it sounds like your wedding went great!  Are you going to be posting photos?

-Amy

Originally Posted by magirl View Post

ok so quick review. 

Let me say we loved this resort, it was smallish not to big so by our third day everyone seemed to know our names. It was perfect.

There was one other wedding the same night as mine. I found this out when I went to the spa for my hair appointment and here entire entourage was there, and I had to wait another 1/2 hour. I don't know if the other bride knew how obnoxious her guests were being, but the staff kept apologizing to me and were clearly frustrated with them.

Ramon was amazing!! He was able to work some magic and help us stay in budget. I cannot thank him enough.

we had the eternity package and about 30 guests, plus two photographers from la luna.  (we did not have to pay the 300 b/c anel did not mention this when I told her about them so they waved it) for each guest over 25 i think it is $58 plus fees and taxes not 94.  Since some of these were children it was even less. 

I had my wedding on the beach in front of the tequila terrace and the cocktail hour and reception on the deck. Honestly I didn't notice any of the people in the restaurants! The other wedding was on the beach terrace but I didn't hear them. I was a little miffed when their bridesmaides and guests kept cutting through our reception area.

Ramon set up two long tables because I wanted everyone to sit together family style. I was perfect, so intimate. Ramon informed us that the speakers and microphones were available for the ceremony only, this was great b/c we thought it wasn't. We bought a bose for our music. So we used the speakers and mic for our ceremony, which was lovely, (I didn't notice anyone else on the beach) and then our bose for the cocktail hour and reception. the bose was plenty loud enough.

Ramon did an outstanding job. the only decorations i brought were little luminaries in white and blue paper which I asked him to scatter around. He took it upon himself to also scatter seashells and other larger candles. and even though we didnt think we needed the centerpiece( it thought it would be too small and look silly), he put in there anyway and it was gorgeous! He really knows his stuff! He made sure the decorations on the cake matched the blue i had picked for my bouquet ribbon too. 

My guests all said they loved it and it was perfect. my parents and family want to plan to go back for their 50th wedding anniversary. And my friends said they want to go back to do a girls vacation. So i guess the resort was a hit. Everyone couldn't say enough about the staff and they were very impressed with the food in general and especially at the wedding. it was delicious!

my only complaint was some the other weddings guests, who at one point were very rude to my niece, yelling at her to translate some spanish since she "looked like a native". I was pissed when she told me a the next day. 

Originally Posted by AmyG View Post

magirl,

Thank you for this review!!

That is unfortunate that the other bride's guests put a damper on your event.  Besides that, it sounds like your wedding went great!  Are you going to be posting photos?

-Amy

386302_2594703196397_1519220045_2718321_2045166369_n.jpg304072_2594722356876_1519220045_2718343_1811279332_n.jpg379718_314810355197403_100000053223807_1283528_835793294_n.jpg391016_314809485197490_100000053223807_1283512_462070167_n.jpg392575_314809898530782_100000053223807_1283518_393903778_n.jpg

Originally Posted by kmm8984 View Post

Congrats on your wedding! those tables look beautiful! I really like the lights on the palm trees, are those always like that or did you have them do that for your reception?

I did not ask them to put it there. it just appeared the day before. I think if they have room to leave it they will, but not sure. It did add great ambiance though!

Amy and Heather,

The new 2012 packages do not include a DJ anymore.  It says it now at the bottom of the packet.  Instead it includes 45min of guitar, violin, or saxophone.  I asked if I could substitute that out for an hour of a DJ, but they said no.

Molly

Amy and Heather,

The new 2012 packages do not include a DJ anymore.  It says it now at the bottom of the packet.  Instead it includes 45min of guitar, violin, or saxophone.  I asked if I could substitute that out for an hour of a DJ, but they said no.

Molly

I don't get them . I mean them* I mean wedding coordinators. I asked them to do that and they said ok So aggravatin how they do some for others and nothing for the other half.

If you confirmed in 2011 there should be no reason they can change that for you. I hired my own DJ so I'm glad I can use it probably for violin or guitar, not sure which would sound best on the beach. Sandra told me I could before she left because I was confirmed before the change was made. 

Originally Posted by Molly57 View Post

Amy and Heather,

Molly

Nice pictures!

Just to confirm, that palm tree wouldn't be in the middle right? That's where my dance floor is supposed to be... 

Originally Posted by magirl View Post

I did not ask them to put it there. it just appeared the day before. I think if they have room to leave it they will, but not sure. It did add great ambiance though!