Travel Mugs as Favours

After reading reviews on Trip Advisor and everyone highly recommending bringing an insulated travel mug to our resort - the Riu Ocho Rios - I decided I would do travel mugs as my wedding favours and also fill them with an aloe vera gel, SPF lip balm and ... something else I havent decided on yet.. wink.gif

Apparently the insulated travel mugs come in very handy because they are much bigger than the little plastic cups the bartenders will normally give you so you have less trips to the bar, and they'll keep the drinks cold. And most of our guests loooove their drinks! shots.gif

Is anyone else doing this as a favour and I'd love it if you could post pics of the finished product!?

What I would like is something in Aqua which seems to be very hard to find! I would settle for white with Aqua imprint... I also want a tumbler style as I think that will be easier to pack than the ones with handles. I am just having trouble finding ones in colours I like at an affordable price, we will have 40 guests at least, I will probably buy 50 to be safe!

I did find these which are more of a travel water bottle, do you think they would serve the same purpose? I like that they have the optional Ice Stick, I would probably go for that... what do you think? Would they still keep drinks as cold? They are just as pricey so should I stick with a travel mug?

Click the image to open in full size.

Sorry for the multi question thread! ha ha! This is my current wedding-related obsession!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not doing travel mugs since I'm not going to Rius. But I did read a lot of other Riu brides are including travel mugs in their OOT bags after reading TripAdvisor. I think they will be great for the guests. You can print your monogram on the mugs and guests will be able to use them even after the trip.

I gave all of our guests beautiful custom travel mugs. It was the best thing I gave them, everyone used, and loved their mugs. They kept our drinks cold, we could have bigger drinks(always a bonus) and they didn't spill in the pool, very important with my rowdy alcoholic friends, lol. I seriously reccommend them. Discountmugs - Coffee Mugs, Travel Mugs, Water Bottles, Promotional Pens, Glassware, Commemorative Plates, Tiles & Promotional Items

Oh yeah I went to a party last weekend, and all of my crazy friends brought their mugs to drink out of. smile29.gif

Heres some pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfly View Post
I gave all of our guests beautiful custom travel mugs. It was the best thing I gave them, everyone used, and loved their mugs. They kept our drinks cold, we could have bigger drinks(always a bonus) and they didn't spill in the pool, very important with my rowdy alcoholic friends, lol. I seriously reccommend them. Discountmugs - Coffee Mugs, Travel Mugs, Water Bottles, Promotional Pens, Glassware, Commemorative Plates, Tiles & Promotional Items

Oh yeah I went to a party last weekend, and all of my crazy friends brought their mugs to drink out of. smile29.gif

Heres some pictures
Those are nice! I think I will stick with the travel mugs as they will keep the drinks colder longer and work better in the POOL, I never thought about the pool! cheesy.gif Maybe I will relax about getting the right colours, your stainless steel mugs look very nice! :)

• 1 month later...
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmhein View Post
After reading reviews on Trip Advisor and everyone highly recommending bringing an insulated travel mug to our resort - the Riu Ocho Rios - I decided I would do travel mugs as my wedding favours and also fill them with an aloe vera gel, SPF lip balm and ... something else I havent decided on yet.. wink.gif
Apparently the insulated travel mugs come in very handy because they are much bigger than the little plastic cups the bartenders will normally give you so you have less trips to the bar, and they'll keep the drinks cold. And most of our guests loooove their drinks! shots.gif

Is anyone else doing this as a favour and I'd love it if you could post pics of the finished product!?

What I would like is something in Aqua which seems to be very hard to find! I would settle for white with Aqua imprint... I also want a tumbler style as I think that will be easier to pack than the ones with handles. I am just having trouble finding ones in colours I like at an affordable price, we will have 40 guests at least, I will probably buy 50 to be safe!

I did find these which are more of a travel water bottle, do you think they would serve the same purpose? I like that they have the optional Ice Stick, I would probably go for that... what do you think? Would they still keep drinks as cold? They are just as pricey so should I stick with a travel mug?

Sorry for the multi question thread! ha ha! This is my current wedding-related obsession!
Jmhein - Did you purchase any travel mugs yet? I'm still thinking about ordering some for my guests too. Let me know if you've come across any good deals - Thanks.

We are doing the travel mugs as well. We had 5 different types sent to us as Samples from Discountmugs - Coffee Mugs, Travel Mugs, Water Bottles, Promotional Pens, Glassware, Commemorative Plates, Tiles & Promotional Items and it cost $5.95 for the whole box of them. We've picked the one we want and are just waiting a bit to order them with our design.

If you are staying at an AI I highly recommend the travel mugs for guests!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tlseege View Post
It says samples are $5 each... did you have to talk to them to get it cheaperhuh.gif
I just listed the ones I was interested in and asked them to "send what they could" and they sent everytyhing for the single price. 5 different styles and 1 I was interested in 4 different colors ... so they sent one of everything -- 9 in all. Only charge to my CC was for $5.95.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmhein View Post
Dragonfly - Did you bring them all down in a suitcase? How did that work?
I handed my mugs and oot bags out at a welcome bar b q before I left, I have 5 children one in a wheelchair so i just had way too much to handle without worrying about the mugs. Everyone remembered to bring them so I was glad I did it like this.

Now having said that my mugs were all packed in individual white gift boxes, and those boxes were in a shipping box of 25 mugs. I had two boxes already packed for shipping so I would have just left them in the boxes and checked them on the airplane in the checked luggage or as a oversized item. I would have been willing to pay a little extra for this because it just would have made everything simple. With the white boxes you could then just wrapped a ribbon around them and there you have a perfect gift.