Photo

OOT Bags - templates, pics and price break down

• Please log in to reply
338 replies to this topic

#191 MCree

MCree
  • 276 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 02:20 PM

Your bags came out great, thanks for sharing!  Loved your coin purse from target, going to have to check out their dollar bins soon!

#192 torilynnsmith

torilynnsmith
    • 1,748 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 02:45 PM

Just wanted to post an update now that our wedding has come and gone.  Our OOT bags were a HUGE hit! I am so pleased that our guests loved them as much as I loved putting them together.  I heard throughout the week from different people what they were using.  

--  Bubba mugs were awesome, we had other resort guests coming up to us asking where we got our mugs! They kept drinks nice and cold and were great for minimizing trips back and fourth to the bar! I think the 18oz were the best size as you really have to be committed to the 34oz drink choice!

-- I was nervous of my selection for the key card holders and had started to wish I just went the badge holder/key coil route but then I saw just about everyone of our guest use the pouch at some point through their vacation so that made me really happy! They weren't water proof but some of our guests still swam with them and said they loved that they could!

-- The sewing kits are neat but I doubt anyone used them, I hope they throw them in their purse or something when they get home!

-- Almost everyone used their OOT bag beach bag! We had several guests who forgot beach bags so it was even more of a bonus that we could help them out! Ladies keep your eyes peeled for the dollartree $1 jumbo totes, they are perfect but sell out FAST!

-- The first aid kits probably could have been left out as long as we had put bandaids in the survival kit, I think that is what most people used out of those!

-- An addition I would make would be immodium, we included pepto but 2 immodium tablets would likely have been a welcome addition~

If anyone has any questions please do not hesitate to ask, I am so happy we went with OOTS and think people were thrilled with this as their favour!  The luggage to bring them down was well worth it in order to surprise our guests!

#193 mysecreteden

mysecreteden
      • 79 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 04:04 PM

Thank you Tori, it nice to know what your guest enjoy and didn't use. 

#194 scooter514

scooter514
        • 155 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 04:29 PM

Tori, what a big thank you I owe you for sharing your information! We only have 8 people going to our destination wedding but still want to surprise them and think an OOT will be a nice unexpected touch. Since it's so few I was able to get the first aid kids for free with some coupons I gathered so I figured why not include them..unless you really think it's a waste of space when packing and just toss the bandaids in the survival kit?Post a Reply

As for the survival kit, was everything used? I am planning to include advil, immodium, hand sanitizer, gum and/or mints, fruit flavored mentos candy, chapstick, and a pack of kleenex/tissues. Is there anything else that you think should be included based on what your guests used? I have a coupon for tums. Yes or no to including a roll of those? Any of that I should leave out?

I'm so glad to hear that your guests enjoyed the bags and appreciated them. It's very obvious how much time and effort you put into them. Very well done!

#195 MCree

MCree
          • 276 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 04:51 PM

Thank you so much for the helpful tips!

Originally Posted by torilynnsmith 

Just wanted to post an update now that our wedding has come and gone.  Our OOT bags were a HUGE hit! I am so pleased that our guests loved them as much as I loved putting them together.  I heard throughout the week from different people what they were using.  

--  Bubba mugs were awesome, we had other resort guests coming up to us asking where we got our mugs! They kept drinks nice and cold and were great for minimizing trips back and fourth to the bar! I think the 18oz were the best size as you really have to be committed to the 34oz drink choice!

-- I was nervous of my selection for the key card holders and had started to wish I just went the badge holder/key coil route but then I saw just about everyone of our guest use the pouch at some point through their vacation so that made me really happy! They weren't water proof but some of our guests still swam with them and said they loved that they could!

-- The sewing kits are neat but I doubt anyone used them, I hope they throw them in their purse or something when they get home!

-- Almost everyone used their OOT bag beach bag! We had several guests who forgot beach bags so it was even more of a bonus that we could help them out! Ladies keep your eyes peeled for the dollartree $1 jumbo totes, they are perfect but sell out FAST!

-- The first aid kits probably could have been left out as long as we had put bandaids in the survival kit, I think that is what most people used out of those!

-- An addition I would make would be immodium, we included pepto but 2 immodium tablets would likely have been a welcome addition~

If anyone has any questions please do not hesitate to ask, I am so happy we went with OOTS and think people were thrilled with this as their favour!  The luggage to bring them down was well worth it in order to surprise our guests!

#196 AppKate

AppKate
            • 21 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 04:57 PM

WOW!! Amazing!! As a "thrifty" person, I appreciate that you listed what you spent and I love that you kept the cost so low!!  Makes me feel better about doing these bags!  

And I am new to the BDW, and I have noticed all the abbreviations and for the life of me I can not figure out what "OOT" is short for...lol...someone please fill me in! Thanks!

#197 AppKate

AppKate
              • 21 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 04:58 PM

WOW!! Amazing!! As a "thrifty" person, I appreciate that you listed what you spent and I love that you kept the cost so low!!  Makes me feel better about doing these bags!  

And I am new to the BDW, and I have noticed all the abbreviations and for the life of me I can not figure out what "OOT" is short for...lol...someone please fill me in! Thanks!

#198 scooter514

scooter514
                • 155 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 05:05 PM

AppKate, OOT stands for "out of town."

#199 Mae4203

Mae4203
                  • 11 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 02:32 PM

I love the sayings you used for all of the gifts.  Thanks for posting!

#200 BrideVee

BrideVee
                    • 161 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 06:12 PM

WOW! Any guest would love to receive that!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users