OOT Bags - templates, pics and price break down

Well, I was going to wait to post these with my planning thread BUT since I found a lot of great price finds I thought I would share everything sooner than later so that my fellow brides can take advantage of the same great deals!  There is nothing worse than seeing an OOT and loving the items but finding out they are 6+ months old!!!

After convincing FI about OOTs and reading what feels like every OOT thread on this forum I finally was able to narrow down my list of what I wanted to put in them.  When I came across the dollar tree totes on here I knew I HAD to have them and of course the Bubba Kegs for all our guests.  As a Canadian bride a cross boarder shopping trip was needed to hunt down the infamous dollar tree totes and I was sure I was out of luck because they were sold out online and I had hear many brides tell me on here that their stores were sold out as well.  Five dollar trees, asking 1 stranger, no lunch and a lot of persistence (thanks Mom!) I was able to track down 36 tote bags!!!!!  

The OOT Bag and contents

IMG_3226.JPG

Contents + shell soap (forgot it in the first pic oops!)

IMG_3227.JPG

Wedding Week Survival Kits 

"Too Much Booze, Too Much Sun, Too Much Food, Too Much Fun"

Contents:

-2 sheets pepto chewable tablets (in mini craft baggie with label top with medication information, dosage etc. on reverse)

-4 shout wipes

-1 2oz hand sanitizer (personalized label)

-2 blistex chapsticks with SPF 15

-1 roll of Tums

-1 tin mini altoids

-2 gatorade individaul packs (may add 2 more if I can find them)

-2 individual packed nail polish remover wipes

-1 advil 10 ct

-1 nail file

IMG_3229.JPG

ID Cases - was going to do the resealable badge holders with key coils but found these in the $1 bin at target.  I just noticed the personalized insert isn't in this photo, I will post the template for it.

"I take you, to have and to hold, my room key and my money, from beach chair to barstool, for soused or for sober, in heat and humidity, from this day forward, until I depart"

IMG_3233.JPG

Personalized items

-First Aid Kit

-Hand Sanitizer

-Lip Chaps

IMG_3234.JPG

Travel Sewing Kits - with mini scissors, which I loved!!!!

IMG_3235.JPG

Bubba Mugs with tags - "To have and to Hold, To Keep Your Drink Cold" (front)

"We hop you enjoy this Bubba Keg, to hold your drink and keep it cold while on the beach or by the pool.  After our vacation in paradise is over, please take it home and enjoy using it for your hot beverages too!  Whenever you use your Bubba Mug we hope you remember our wedding in paradise and know how much it means to us that you are able to join us for our special day!" (back)

IMG_3236.JPG

Bag Contents with price break down and where to buy

Tote Bags  --  Dollar Tree (US) -- $1.00

Shell Soap -- Dollarama (CDN)  -- $2.00 for 6 --  $0.33 each

Hand Sanitizer -- Big Lots (US)  --  $1.50 for 4 -- $0.38 each

Notebooks -- Big Lots (US)  --  $2.00 for 8 --  $0.25 each

Bic Pens --  Big Lots (US)  --  $0.95 for 8 --  $0.12

Gatorade Singles --  Big Lots (US) -- $2.00 for 8  --  $0.25 each

ID Cases  --  Target (US)  -- $1.00

Mini Altoids  --  Target (US)  --  $0.99

Advil 10ct  --  Target (US)  --  $1.97

Tums  --  Walmart (US)  --  $1.92 for 3 rolls  --  $0.64 each

Pepto Chewables  --  Walmart/Target (US)  --  $4.49 for 48 tablets (8 sheets)  --  $0.56 each sheet

Sewing Kit  --  Michaels (US)  --  $1.00 

Nail File  --  Everything for a Dollar Store (US)  --  $1.00 for 10  --  $0.10 each

Face Cloths  --  Target (US)  --  $3.49 for 8  --  $0.44 each

Blistex SPF 15  --  Target (US)  --  $0.84

Nail Polish Wipes  --  Target (US)  --  $2.69 for 10  --  $0.27

Shout Wipes  --  Target (US)  --  $2.69 for 12  --  $0.22

First Aid Kit (Johnson & Johnson)  --  Target/Walmart (US)  --  $0.97

Bubba Mug 18oz Tumbler  --  Walmart (US)  --  $4.98

Bubba Mug 32oz Mug  --  Walmart (US)  --  $6.22      

I originally planned to do everything in our colours but when I found some great items in the US I decided that bright and tropical colours mixed would work just fine, also that way everyone wouldn't have the same colour bags, mugs etc. and there would be less confusion.

Notebooks - mix of red, yellow, green and blue

ID Cases - Mix of grey, pink, green and blue

Altoids - Red (peppermint) Turquoise (wintermint)

Tums - Mixed Berry, Citrus, Original Mint

Sewing Kits - Pink, Green, Blue

Blistex - Turquoise and Green 

Bubbas - Green, Turquoise and Black

Tote Bags - Red, Yellow, Light Blue, Green, Pink

We will be giving the large Bubba Mugs to our Wedding Party, BM and GM, Parents and ourselves!  We were going to do the whole group in the large ones but they would be a lot harder to pack, the smaller ones will all fit in one suitcase easily and also will be able to be used at home for coffee etc. 

I added a few extra bandaids to each First Aid kit that I purchased at Big Lots Bandaid Brand 20 for $1.00!  I like the Johnson and Johnson brand name kits but Dollarama here in Canada has great kits with a lot more pieces, alcohol wipes, gauze roll, tape roll etc that these do not have.  We will be doing up a master first aid kit with other medications, and first aid supplies and I will be putting a small note in every kit that will let our guests know this so they can use anything should they need it.

I will be purchasing plastic test tubes with lids that I will put some dish soap in and place inside every mug so our guests can wash them once we arrive in Punta Cana.

Overview of some of our LOOT when I arrived home from Buffalo!!

IMG_3218.JPG

I think that is everything, if anyone has any questions let me know!!! I will post images of my tags and my templates in the next post!!!!!!

• Like 3

Here are the templates I used, it took some adjustments with some of them to make sure they printed properly.  I purchased full label sheets (8.5x11) for any labels as I designed my own sizes to fit perfectly and used the same cardstock as our invite for our bag toppers and tags.  I used pink cardstock for our pepto bag tops.

Mug Tag-Pepto Bag Topper-Survival Kit Bag Topper-Welcome Tags.pptx

Hand Sanitizer-Sewing Kits-Key Card Holder.pptx

Lipchap labels-first aid kit-sewing kit.pptx

• Like 4

Wow, these are really great Tori! You're so talented and organized and your wedding is not even until next year. If I was your guest, I would certainly feel so special. We've been having a hard time deciding whether to do OOT bags...uncertain whether we want to carry all this stuff with us on the plane (and I'm not a very good DIY bride). May I ask how much you spent in total for your OOT bags/contents and how you plan to transport them? Thanks!

Thank you so much everyone!!! It means so much to hear that you like them, I find with some of my DIYs I start to think they aren't as great as they were in my head... probably from looking at them for so long!!!

We went to Buffalo, as it is only an hour and a half from my Parents house in Mississauga.  We went over all the time while I was growing up but this time went to a whole bunch of new areas and spots which was great.  Cheektowaga and Amherst are two other cities around there that we venture too as well.  Nothing is too far once you are over which is great!!!

Originally Posted by J and G 2012 View Post

Should have asked before, Where did you go?

Thanks!!!!!! The DIY part is easy, I am sure I could help you out with your templates!!!! I thought we had 2 checked bags each but I found out today we only have one, luckily the second bag is only $20.  My plan now is to use a duffle for most of our clothes and "soft" stuff and put the mugs and "breakables" in our hard sided suit cases.  That way we have 4 going down but only 2 coming back as we will just put the duffles in our hard sided suitcases!!!!!  We budgeted $10 a person so roughly $20 a bag.  The break down for the items I bought is in the post above.  It will depend on whether it is a couple or a single bag exactly how much we spend, I know I am slightly over but we are cutting favours and the silk fans we planned on so I feel that it evens out!

Originally Posted by redginger View Post

Wow, these are really great Tori! You're so talented and organized and your wedding is not even until next year. If I was your guest, I would certainly feel so special. We've been having a hard time deciding whether to do OOT bags...uncertain whether we want to carry all this stuff with us on the plane (and I'm not a very good DIY bride). May I ask how much you spent in total for your OOT bags/contents and how you plan to transport them? Thanks!

I KNOW!!!! Thanks!!!!! I was so dead set on these and I thank YOU for all your help keeping me posted on their status!!! Were you able to get yours?  I think you mentioned your mom was going to check out her dollar trees....

Originally Posted by Essential0929 View Post

I'm so happy you were finally able to get the bags!!!!

You're a Navy and Green bride too?! So exciting, I don't come across it very often, especially for a DW!!!! Can't wait to see your planning!!!!

Originally Posted by kerrib View Post

I am jealous of your OOT bags, esp since we have the same colors. They look fantastic and I'm sure your guests will appreciate all the effort you put into them!

I thought of sewing kits but I knew I wanted compact ones with scissors, all the dollar store ones here were either huge (weight was a concern too) or had no scissors, I figure a sewing kit is no good without scissors really... When I saw these at Michaels in the dollar bin I was over the moon!!!!!!!!  The colours are so fun and bright and everything locks into place which is awesome!!!

Originally Posted by DramaticAnnie View Post

Oh theyre beautiful! I am planning a couple of cross border trips myself.. and I am really impressed with the little sewing kits. I never wanted to put sewing kits in until I saw these, lol.