Photo

100 Days to go--what should be set in stone with the resort wedding planner?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 DRBarceloBride

DRBarceloBride
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 12:00 PM

We are having our wedding at the Barcelo Punta Cana in October and are at the 100 day mark (yay!). I'm just am curious to hear form other DW brides what items should be set in stone with the planner at this point. Of course, the obvious details (date, place, time, wedding package) have been chosen. As far as the cake, reception location (we are choosing one of the several restauraunts at the resort), flowers, ceremony decorations and additional activities (scuba excursion and welcome party for our guests)...are these typically done closer to the actual date?

I guess I just feel anxious with the amount of things that still seem slightly up in the air. :( 

#2 JayKay

JayKay
    • 3,472 posts
    • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
    • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
    • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 07 July 2011 - 06:05 PM

We have only chosen our wedding date, time, and wedding package.  Our wedding coordinator said most other things are done once at the resort, such as flowers, cake, restauraunt for dinner ect (we are using what is provided at the resort).  I guess it really depends on the specific resort you are getting married at.

Originally Posted by DRBarceloBride 

We are having our wedding at the Barcelo Punta Cana in October and are at the 100 day mark (yay!). I'm just am curious to hear form other DW brides what items should be set in stone with the planner at this point. Of course, the obvious details (date, place, time, wedding package) have been chosen. As far as the cake, reception location (we are choosing one of the several restauraunts at the resort), flowers, ceremony decorations and additional activities (scuba excursion and welcome party for our guests)...are these typically done closer to the actual date?

I guess I just feel anxious with the amount of things that still seem slightly up in the air. :( 

#3 jennaba3

jennaba3
    • 210 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 03:42 AM

Im very nervous about another bride getting married on the same day as me so I have booked what location I want the ceremony, reception etc just incase xxxx

#4 lucy<3woody

lucy<3woody
      • 166 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 05:39 PM

I am nervous about this too, a little. I still need to pick my flowers and how everything will be arranged for the dinner and reception. I feel that I have done a ton of work, but there is a lot up in the air until I get there. Maybe that just comes with the territory of having a DW, but it is bugging me a little.

Anyone else sympathize??

#5 BunnyBride

BunnyBride
        • Site Supporter
        • 49 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 06:25 PM

I can.  I have a while to go (May 7, 2012), but I feel that it is always me who is contacting her, not the other way around.  She has yet to contact me first regarding anything. I am getting nervous that she will forget that I will be getting married. Isn't it supposed to be the wedding coordinator contacting the bride to make sure everything is ok?

#6 lucy<3woody

lucy<3woody
          • 166 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 08:25 PM

i totally understand how you are feeling! I have always contacted her as well, but she has been very quick to respond and very accomodating...so I think that everything is okay. Maybe it is a cultural difference too?? I am not sure about this, but being American I am always very task oriented, planning, double checking etc. Maybe my Mexican WC is just more laid back and plans things differently  than I do??!

#7 SS2012

SS2012
            • 180 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 05:27 PM

i understand how you ladies are feeling, my wedding coordinator is the same way. its always me emailing her, not vice versa. however that is just the way they do it at the resorts down south. they do a lot of weddings, so they just dont have time to email the brides to "check in". but my wedding coordinator is great at getting back to me any time i have a question or concern! we are just neurotic canadians lol 

#8 echraide

echraide
              • 152 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 05:47 PM

I'm 180 days out and I'm having the same anxiety. It really seems as tho the details are all settled once you get there so try not to worry. Do a spa day and reward yourself for being less than 100 days out ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users