Photo

Planning a Havana Wedding

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 BaileyBelle

BaileyBelle
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 09:14 PM

We are looking into planning a destination wedding. Europe is too costly, and we have since then fallen in love with the idea of Havana. A beach wedding is not our thing, and will not happen. It appears that while the resorts plan weddings, the hotels don't offer such packages. 

I was wondering if anyone had comments, tips, suggestions in regards to venues, hotels, or planners which could guide us into planning a small (20-30) wedding for next April. 

#2 b2b2012

b2b2012
    • 3 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 06:25 PM

I'm getting married in March, in Havana. Since it will be a civil ceremony, I have rented a casa particular for our reception/honeymoon.

http://www.cubaccomm....asp?id_hotel=9 

There are several beautiful, private casas available, and are a nice alternative to typical venues.

#3 b2b2012

b2b2012
      • 3 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 06:27 PM

I should also mention, if you are looking for a hotel wedding, Havana hotels do offer packages. Check the Melia website. I refuse to do a typical destination wedding, but if I had to chose a hotel to get married at, it'd be the Melia Cohiba.

#4 Dmitri_Markine

Dmitri_Markine
        • Vendor
        • 2,782 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 12:15 PM

You can also stay somewhere at a resort close to the water,in case some of your guests want a vacation. Then you just book a property/hotel for the day of your wedding.

Good luck.Havana is amazing for pictures and I am sure you'll be happy with everything.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users