Marisa's Aruba Planning Thread 6/11/11 * PIC HEAVY!!*

Well this is after the fact, but I enjoyed reading these planning threads so much I just had to do one too! This site was a HUGE lifesaver for me!! I was able to get so many wonderful ideas here! I truly enjoyed planning my wedding and I could not have done it without this amazing site!

About Us:

Kevin and I met in March of 2008. We dated until August when I decided to break it off because of his crazy work schedule at the time. It was a hard decision and I was upset over it, but at the time it seemed like we never saw one another. That entire month Kevin sent me text messages every day asking for a second chance, telling me he would quit his job and even going as far as trying to get the help of one of my close friends to get me back. It was beyond sweet, and after a few weeks I knew I had made a mistake. We got back together and Kevin had left his job and decided to give me a promise ring since he knew eventually he wanted to marry me. Now here we are today :)

Proposal:

Kevin proposed on December 24th 2009. We were visiting my family for Christmas and before we headed out for dinner, he decided to propose in the living room at my Dad's house in front of my family. It was beautiful and was the best Christmas gift ever!

17D.jpeg.JPG

My engagement ring is a platinum art deco style, vintage ring. I always wanted a vintage ring and he picked out the perfect one!!

Wedding Bands:

I decided to purchase a smaller eternity band to fit with my ring. I feel that it compliments it very well and doesn't overpower it. Kevin's ring is a Tungsten. They are both from DePrisco Jewelers in Wellsley, MA.

My E-ring with band

wedding band.JPG

Kevin's wedding band looks similar to this:

p_titan_mens_tungsten_wedding_ring_1.jpg

We decided on the beautiful island of Aruba! I had been to a wedding there before so I already knew the place we wanted to have it. Our wedding ceremony and reception were at the Manchebo Beach Resort on Eagle Beach. We did the ceremony right on the beach, and then we had our reception under the open air pavilion. It was perfect! Our wedding was on June 11, 2011.

Manchebo Beach:

manchebo.jpg

Reception in the pavilion:

DSC_0340.JPG

Invites:

As much as I wanted passport invites, we just couldn't spend the money on those and I am not very good at DIY! So I heard that Zazzle.com was having a sale and I picked out a nice set of invites with matching RSVP cards. They were 50% off so in total I only spend about $130.00 for everything! I loved the Tiffany Blue color and that I could come up with the wording myself.

Our Invites:

invite 1.JPG

RSVP cards:

invite 2.JPG

Attire:

We had originally planned on having a wedding here in MA, so I had bought a dress at Running of the Brides in Boston. Once we decided on a DW, I knew that the dress I had purchased didn't seem right for that setting. I originally was just going to do some alterations to it, but then came across a dress I fell in love with! I tried it on and knew I had to have it! My dress was a Maggie Sottero RD1044. It fit me perfectly and looked absolutely beautiful in the pics! I loved it!!

Here is when I first tried it on:

Maggie.JPG

Here is on my wedding day:

DSC_0326.jpg

Hair flower:

I purchased my hair flower from etsy seller EnchandtlyYours. It was steal at $10.99!!

Hair flower.jpg

Shoes:

I brought 2 pairs. One were flip flops for the beach ceremony, the others were small heels for the reception. I LOVED my flip flops and thought they went great with the dress! They were Audrey Brooke Hella Sandal from DSW:

sandals.jpg

photo(4).JPG

For the groom, he wanted an all white linen suit. We found one on Amazon.com for a great price! It is a Bianco Brioni.

Groom's Attire:

Kev's suit.jpg

The shirt he wore underneath was from Island Importers. We also had the GMs buy their shirts from there also. Kevin had a blue shirt and the GMs we had wear a turquoise color.

GMs shirts:

other shirt.jpg

On the guys:

DSC_0128.jpg

The color looks a little off in this photo, but it is in fact the same shirt and color. They wore these with white linen/cotton blend pants from Old Navy.

Bridesmaids:

I loved the dresses they wore! I went with a J. Crew Taryn dress in the color Bring Coral. I had them purchase them when they were on sale.

BM dress:

DSC_0125.jpg

I also gave them orchid necklaces that I purchased from etsy seller morganprather. I decided to get all of them the 3 across style, but for my maid of honor I got her a 3 down style:

BM Necklace :

orchid necklace.jpg

MOH necklace:

orchid 2.jpg

Rehearsal dinner dress:

I got this beautiful strapless dress at Ann Taylor. It was one of the first ones I tried on and I loved it! I can't find it on the website but here is a pic of me arriving at our rehersal dinner in it. It was all white with tulle flower print all over. Those are our OOT bags that I am holding in the pic

welcome dinner.jpg

Hair and Makeup:

I was extremely lucky that one of my good friends has a very talented and amazing make up artist sister! I was so excited when she told me she would come! She ended up doing all the hair and makeup for the wedding party and one MOB, so in total she did 8 women in one day! It was crazy but she did such a fabulous job!

Makeup trial pic:

make up 2.JPG

Hair trial pic:

hair 2.JPG

We decided to make a few adjustments the day of. Mainly to move the placement of the hair flower. I loved how it all turned out!

Day of Hair and Make Up:

DSC_0060.JPG

DSC_0112.jpg

OOT bags:

I had a lot of fun deciding what to put in these. We ended up buying 12 of the Oriental Trading Company's Hibiscus bags for the couples, then 12 solid color drawstring bags for the singles. This worked out well since we had quite a few single guys come and I figured they did not want to carry around a flower print bag.

Bag contents:

Bath & Body Works hand sanitizers -B&BW

Personalized mini SPF bottles- Fellow BDW bride on here!

Band aids - Target

Pepto Bismal - Target

Tylenol - Staples

Chapstick - Ocean State Job Lot

Granola bars - Target

Welcome brochure -Vistaprint

Photoshare cards - Vistaprint

Map of Aruba - Aruba tourism bureau

Mini bottles of Aloe - Ocean State Job Lot

20oz plasic cups with lids- These went over so well! Everyone used them to make drinks. We purchased these from ebay seller

Some pics:

These labels were bought from a BDW bride!

OOT bags.JPG

b&b.JPG

Bought from a BDW bride on here also!

spf.JPG

Vp brochure 1.jpg

VP Brochure 2.jpg

Decor:

I purchased turquoise table runners and sashes from efavormart.com. They were great quality and very inexpensive! I think they added some beautiful color to the space!

CHAIR_SS_TURQ.JPG

Centerpiece with table runner and rum bottle favors we had made for us on the island. The centerpieces are wedding planner did for us:

DSC_0333.jpg

Table numbers and place cards:

I got these from etsy seller dazzle0604. I loved the idea of all the different shells to hold the names and when I told her my colors, she was able to do the fonts and table numbers to match! I think these looked great and she was a pleasure to work with! Unfortunately the Aruba wind did not allow these to stand up for long on their own :(

place cards.JPG

Guest Book:

We did a postcard guest book. I framed a sign that I actually got the wording from here. I bought a small box at Michael's to put all the postcards in. The postcards we bought when we got on the island.

Sand Ceremony Set:

I bought this from an ebay seller. It came three in a set and we etched the main one to say:

Marisa & Kevin

Unity Until Eternity

June 11, 2011.

The smaller ones had our names etched on them

sand ceremony.JPG

I think that is everything!! If you have any questions about anything, just let me know!  Hope you ladies enjoy it and happy planning :)

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic